Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Dazed and Confused
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Welcome and glad you are here. I'd suggest you read some on the main site and interact here to ask questions. There are some non-christians here, but by and large we focus on civilized discussion and hold to our Board's purpose which is Christian and Old Earth Creationist. Opposing views are welcome, but we're not here to tear down Christianity.

Sometimes it's better to spend some time learning and making sure you know what you're talking about before attempting other forums.

Welcome again.

Bart
Appreciate the advice. Is there a list of scientific validations in the bible somewhere on this site? I wanted to do a side by side comparsion of my data if possible. I have too many questions at this point. So I will start at the main page and see if I can answer some of them there.

Thanks
Andrew
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Dazed and Confused wrote:This website peaked my interest. I just want to be in His truth.
Curious... What do you mean you want to be in His truth? We might not be able to help because no one here really knows how God created everything. Our salvation does not depend on it....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Gman wrote:
Dazed and Confused wrote:This website peaked my interest. I just want to be in His truth.
Curious... What do you mean you want to be in His truth? We might not be able to help because no one here really knows how God created everything. Our salvation does not depend on it....
I understand and good point. I didn't come to salvation from Jesus Christ on facts, but because of my sin. However, I am not discerning the bible correctly when it deals with science. I have gleaned much in just the few hours I have spent surfing here. Great site!
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Is there a link someone can recommend that deals with the creation sequence in Genesis and how it relates to a naturalistic interpretation.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Dazed and Confused wrote:Is there a link someone can recommend that deals with the creation sequence in Genesis and how it relates to a naturalistic interpretation.
Most any of Hugh Ross' books address a good deal of this.

There are several on our Home Site as well. Try this one. http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/model.html
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Dazed and Confused wrote:Is there a link someone can recommend that deals with the creation sequence in Genesis and how it relates to a naturalistic interpretation.
Most any of Hugh Ross' books address a good deal of this.

There are several on our Home Site as well. Try this one. http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/model.html
The following is the most recent to be posted on the site: http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth ... ation.html. Very much recommend.
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

As I was going through this site I was very pleased to have found a section that dealt with the Rapture of the church and the persecution of believers. I have held a pre-wraith position for sometime now and was blessed from the study material I had found here. This site is a great beacon of truth...Yeah! :clap:
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

My dad had been showing slight symptoms of Alzheimer's disease for the past several years. It has progressed recently. Can he still receive his salvation even after it has developed into full blown dementia? Is there any information on this site (or another) that can give me a biblical perspective. I made the grievous error of witnessing to him using what I had gleaned from YEC teachings. He is an anthropologist/archaeologist , so I just got a bewildered look from him. I wonder(regardless if he can remember me or not) if he will still be able to reason the truth. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Dazed and Confused wrote:My dad had been showing slight symptoms of Alzheimer's disease for the past several years. It has progressed recently. Can he still receive his salvation even after it has developed into full blown dementia? Is there any information on this site (or another) that can give me a biblical perspective. I made the grievous error of witnessing to him using what I had gleaned from YEC teachings. He is an anthropologist/archaeologist , so I just got a bewildered look from him. I wonder(regardless if he can remember me or not) if he will still be able to reason the truth. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.
DC, I'm sorry to hear about your father... My understanding is that God's word accomplishes what it needs to. As for your father, he might be physically impaired but spiritually speaking he is still there. I have heard of people that have had Alzheimer's and were still able to comprehend what was being said to them after they came out of it via certain medications (although not 100% cured).
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

I am looking forward to sharing and learning information here. I am studying apologetics, in particular the philosophy of Christianity. I believe we, as Christians, are commanded to love God with all our soul, our hearts and our minds, as stated by Christ in Matthew. This envolves giving our faith some thought and inviting challenges.
I am highly critical of the contemporary state of the Christian church in the US in as much as it seems to rely more on emotion than thought.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Thank you!
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

welcome!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Dazed and Confused wrote:My dad had been showing slight symptoms of Alzheimer's disease for the past several years. It has progressed recently. Can he still receive his salvation even after it has developed into full blown dementia? Is there any information on this site (or another) that can give me a biblical perspective. I made the grievous error of witnessing to him using what I had gleaned from YEC teachings. He is an anthropologist/archaeologist , so I just got a bewildered look from him. I wonder(regardless if he can remember me or not) if he will still be able to reason the truth. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.
Hi Dazed and Confused,

My father passed away from Alzheimer's this past December just before Christmas. He battled it for 13 years. First thing you notice is short term memory loss before the long term goes. If he is in beginning stages, keep after him and witness to him, explain his condition, and be honest. If and when he comes to the Lord, he may not remember next day what he did but trust the Lord that He does his work and keeps His promises.

My father was a Christian but forgot he was and everything else. He made it late-late stage. I read him bible verses and played the guitar for him during his last week while he was in a coma. Also, Alzheimer's affects people differently mood and emotionally. Sometimes one can become extremely cankerous or gentle and kind as the disease progresses. My Dad remained kind but had his moments.

Be prepared for your father's constant asking the same questions over and over again as well as repeating himself often. Take care of yourself and don't wear your self out during this time. If you would like to speak more about this, just send me a Privet Mail as I have been through this with my father myself.

God Bless!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

I was wondering if I could post the hubble images from this site in other public forums. Just curious, I dont want to infringe upon the copywrite if there is one. I'll wait for a response before I do anything. -Thanks
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

B. W. wrote:
Dazed and Confused wrote:
just send me a Privet Mail as I have been through this with my father myself.
Hi B. W.

I sent you a private message and want to make sure you recieved it. I have only been posting on forums for about a month, so I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Thanks
DC
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Dazed and Confused wrote:I was wondering if I could post the hubble images from this site in other public forums. Just curious, I dont want to infringe upon the copywrite if there is one. I'll wait for a response before I do anything. -Thanks
I don't think you've got a copyright issue with Hubble images.

The issue more is bandwidth from this site. When you link a picture from here on another site, then anytime someone views that picture it pulls bandwidth from the site and costs our host money.

So, thanks for asking, but if you can, maybe you can go to the NASA site and get the images from there.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender