Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Mazzy
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Mazzy »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Mazzy wrote:If Danieltwotwenty has little twotwenty's he can go to the nearest St Vinnies or Community Services Centre and they may give him a bigger cardboard box ...
I am shocked by your answer! No, I am outraged! Would a bigger cardboard box help a poor, homeless soul?! Oh! how your crass materialism profundidly disappropriates me!

FL :mrgreen:
I apologize if the pun was a real reflection of your current status. However, if you actually did live in a small cardboard box I suggest a larger one may be of assistance. After all, we have budget cuts!

No one in Australia that is functional and has social intelligence needs to live under bridges in a box of any sort.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Mazzy wrote:I apologize if the pun was a real reflection of your current status. However, if you actually did live in a small cardboard box I suggest a larger one may be of assistance. After all, we have budget cuts!
Why not a wax coated cardboard box? Such a box would be better because it would be less affected by rain, not to mention its greater durability in the high humidity environment under the bridge.

Bigger isn't always better, Mazzy. You gotta think ouside the box!

FL ;)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

Hey, how's everyone doing? Hope all goes well for you all and that you're all still troddin' along the one and only true way.

I been reading on godandscience.org for a while now, and just more recently started reading on the forum postings, so I tought to myself, hell, why not sign in and join the conversations. I'm a Mex born in Texas but raised in Southern California. So, now I'm here, but there seems to be very few people around at any given time.

Anyways, I'll be around and hope to chop it up with you in good spirit.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Lonewolf wrote:Hey, how's everyone doing? Hope all goes well for you all and that you're all still troddin' along the one and only true way.

I been reading on godandscience.org for a while now, and just more recently started reading on the forum postings, so I tought to myself, hell, why not sign in and join the conversations. I'm a Mex born in Texas but raised in Southern California. So, now I'm here, but there seems to be very few people around at any given time.

Anyways, I'll be around and hope to chop it up with you in good spirit.
Hi,

I am doing fine. Thanks.

:welcome:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Hi lonewolf, are you by anychance from middle east?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

hey 137, hey Neo

gracias for the Welcome

in answer to Neo's question, no sir, I'm not middle eastern., I'm a Mex born in Tejas and raised in SOxCAL

Born to a Big Family of Mexican Catholics (which i think is diff than Roman Catholicism), but I became a so-called Born-Again Christian in my Teens

I dropped out from "active" participation in the Church, and currently after a long spell am just trying to settle back down in the Faith

Hope you all go semi-eazy on me., I am not at all that well indoctrinated (pun intended), nor well educated in scripture

I simply "try" to understand and live accordingly to Grace ad Faith

Thanks again for the Welcome
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
FlawedIntellect
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by FlawedIntellect »

neo-x wrote:Hi lonewolf, are you by anychance from middle east?
Um, no, he's not. He's claiming to be, pardon the American expression, from south of the border.

Albeit born in the US state of Texas.

At least if I'm reading correctly.

Heya, lonewolf! Welcome to the forums!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Lonewolf wrote:Born to a Big Family of Mexican Catholics (which i think is diff than Roman Catholicism), but I became a so-called Born-Again Christian in my Teens
Entonces eres Chicano, hijo! Y el catolicismo es catolismo, mexicano o lo que sea...pero que importa?

FL t<):)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

well yeah, i'm from south of the border, south of the 37th parallel
never tex-mex, but chicano all the way., 4th/5th generation to be somewhat exact
but is nationalism valid in true Christian teachings?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Lonewolf wrote:well yeah, i'm from south of the border, south of the 37th parallel
never tex-mex, but chicano all the way., 4th/5th generation to be somewhat exact
but is nationalism valid in true Christian teachings?
Hokay...bat do jew go to Taco Bell?

+ + +

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

FL, where you from?

As we tend to ask in the Chicano world :ebiggrin:

and BTW, I tend to disagree with you as to Catholicism being the same all over and everywhere

Dia De Los Muertos is a Prime Example of Mexican Catholicism as opposed to Roman Catholicism, IMO
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

FlawedIntellect wrote:
neo-x wrote:Hi lonewolf, are you by anychance from middle east?
Um, no, he's not. He's claiming to be, pardon the American expression, from south of the border.

Albeit born in the US state of Texas.

At least if I'm reading correctly.

Heya, lonewolf! Welcome to the forums!
Good deal FL.IT

BTW, Tejas was indeed a bonafide "legal" part of the State of Coahuila before it ever became a US State

But that's all political thinking and mindset and I'm not here for that

Thank you for the Welcome mat 8)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Lonewolf wrote:FL, where you from?
I geeve jew a reedol, hokay? Nacio en Monterrey, pero Monterrey del norte.
Lonewolf wrote:and BTW, I tend to disagree with you as to Catholicism being the same all over and everywhereDia De Los Muertos is a Prime Example of Mexican Catholicism as opposed to Roman Catholicism, IMO
El Dia de los muertos es nada mas que costumbre, hijo! Mexican custom! The Pope, the BOSS, he's still in Rome, Italy. Pero que importa? eres cristiano!

+ + +

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Pero que importa? eres cristiano!
What is your definition of a Cristiano, if I may ask?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Lonewolf wrote:
Pero que importa? eres cristiano!
What is your definition of a Cristiano, if I may ask?
That's too easy for me to answer!

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +