Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

:pound: Murray!

Welcome Randy and Eric :)

Randy, you'll find nothing but open-mindedness here (open-minded really just means being willing to discuss differing opinions after all). We ask the same in return of you.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Eric
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Eric »

As much as I love your definitions, it actually means "Flat Earth Theorist" or "Flat Earth Theory"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Eric wrote:As much as I love your definitions, it actually means "Flat Earth Theorist" or "Flat Earth Theory"
Ok, Eric. What does it mean to be a flat earth theorist?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

I'm not sure rick y:-/ Perhaps we must look further into the phrase "flat earth" to discover it's true meaning

Funky
Lad
Ate
Twizzlers

Even
After
Rick's
Teeth
Hurt
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Welcome, everyone! :D

---------------------------------
There - 250 posts! Now I've become a "valued member"! :cheers:
(exactly on my 9-month anniversary on this forum, what coincidence)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

...oh Lord.

Rick and Murray, Flat Earth believers actually...well believe the earth is flat. There was a movement about it a few years ago. I don't know. I think this person might be trolling us.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Eric
Newbie Member

Post by Eric »

"He's probably trolling us"

Why would I come here to troll?

Why is it so radical to fellow Christians that I believe the bible is true? Do you only pick and choose verses that suite your beliefs? The FET is not a joke, it is a theory based on lack of evidence for a round earth. Governments would like you to believe such conspiracy, such as the fraudulent moon landing and such.

"Space programs" are nothing more than systems for governments to milk more taxes from people.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Hi Eric ...

I am setting up this thread for anyone wanting to discuss Flat Earth Theory here -- http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9&t=36713

This is due to the comments made on this - Please Introduce yourself thread and should be moved there so as not to clutter up an area used to welcome new members... This area is for welcoming new members and introduction of new members...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Zvezdichko
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Zvezdichko »

Hello,

I'm Svetoslav Alexanrov, 25 years old. I obtained my B.Sc. degree in Molecular Biology and M.Sc. degre in Plant Physiology in the University of Sofia.

I consider myself as an agnostic leaning to theism. I personally prefer Christian Universalism amongst many Christian-based theologies and hope for a greater salvation of all mankind.

I reject YEC, OEC and prefer accepting the theory of evolution.

Anything else? Feel free to ask me.
Svetoslav Alexandrov

B.Sc. in Molecular biology

M.Sc. in Plant physiology
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Zvezdichko wrote:Hello,

I'm Svetoslav Alexanrov, 25 years old. I obtained my B.Sc. degree in Molecular Biology and M.Sc. degre in Plant Physiology in the University of Sofia.

I consider myself as an agnostic leaning to theism. I personally prefer Christian Universalism amongst many Christian-based theologies and hope for a greater salvation of all mankind.

I reject YEC, OEC and prefer accepting the theory of evolution.

Anything else? Feel free to ask me.
Welcome to the board, Zvezdichko. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Welcome to the site Svetoslav
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Always good to have someone new who is grounded in Science and open to discussing spiritual matters with an open mind and heart.

Welcome and glad you are here.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Zvezdichko
Acquainted Member

Post by Zvezdichko »

Thank you everyone! y>:D<
Svetoslav Alexandrov

B.Sc. in Molecular biology

M.Sc. in Plant physiology
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Zvezdichko wrote: I personally prefer Christian Universalism amongst many Christian-based theologies and hope for a greater salvation of all mankind.
Smart.. It appears that you have decoded some of G-d's will for mankind. That is that G-d only wants mankind to not only live in harmony with G-d, but in doing so that will ultimately reflect on how we love and respect others as well as this earth, the ecosystem, we live in..

The ultimate destiny therefore is love... That is what we wish to accomplish here.. y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Paul_AK
Newbie Member

Post by Paul_AK »

Hello all,

My name is Paul, originally I'm from Alaska and currently in the US Air Force. I was raised in a Baptist/E-Free home but now lean towards the liturgical side of things, specifically Orthodoxy. Anyways I've been interested in science and history for quite a while but I do not hold degrees or certifications in either of those. I look forward to learning and chatting with ya'll. If there's anything else ask away!