Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Shambler wrote:Hi everyone, I just found this board while surfing and can see there is some lively discussion going on here!

My name is John, I am 38 and live in the UK.

I look forward to participating myself when ( and if ) I think of something relevant to say :wink:

Welcome,
Are you named after this guy?
Last edited by FFC on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Shambler
Newbie Member

Post by Shambler »

Actually I used the name years before Quake came out, it came from typing in a username to register with AOL and being told time and time again that the name was taken so I started typing the first words which came into my head :D

Unless that guys name is John too? :P
FFC

Post by FFC »

Shambler wrote:Actually I used the name years before Quake came out, it came from typing in a username to register with AOL and being told time and time again that the name was taken so I started typing the first words which came into my head :D

Unless that guys name is John too? :P
Cool. I had never even heard of a shambler until Quake. Is it a British thing? :wink: By the way, My name is John too.

Take care
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:By the way, My name is John too.
Too many Johns around here. Isn't there any Murials or Glorias? (any Honeymooners fans out there who kown what I'm talking about? I know of at least one ^ :wink:).

What else,

John.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
Too many Johns around here. Isn't there any Murials or Glorias? (any Honeymooners fans out there who kown what I'm talking about? I know of at least one ^ :wink:).

What else,

John.
I'm stumped. I have probably seen every episode twenty times. All I can come up with is alice and Trixy...unless you're talking about Alice's Mother-in-law, in which case I don't remember her name. :lol:

Whoops..off topic. :oops:

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Too many Johns around here. Isn't there any Murials or Glorias? (any Honeymooners fans out there who know what I'm talking about? I know of at least one ^ :wink:).

What else,

John.

I'm stumped. I have probably seen every episode twenty times. All I can come up with is alice and Trixy...unless you're talking about Alice's Mother-in-law, in which case I don't remember her name. :lol:

Remember the episode where Alice gets a job as a secretary? Ralph asks her who she works with and she says Oh it's just George, Paul, Peter, James and me (I don't remember the male names she rattled off but you get the gist). Ralph says, Oh just George, Paul, Peter, James and you, huh? Isn't there any Murials or any Glorias in there? One of my favorite episodes (actually they're all my favorites).
FFC wrote:Whoops..off topic. :oops:

I know, I should practice what I preach (a slap on the wrist is definitely in order).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Beanbean
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Beanbean »

Hi!

My Dad pointed this site out to me ages and ages ago and I've finally decided to join the forums (woot!)
Turgonian

Post by Turgonian »

Beanbean -- A cordial welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty interesting things, and we look forward to hearing interesting things from you. ;)

FFC -- Ouch, could you remove that image of the hand? It's very graphic. There are lots of images of Christ on the Net which are more friendly to the eye. ;)
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
FFC

Post by FFC »

Turgonian wrote:Beanbean -- A cordial welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty interesting things, and we look forward to hearing interesting things from you. ;)

FFC -- Ouch, could you remove that image of the hand? It's very graphic. There are lots of images of Christ on the Net which are more friendly to the eye. ;)
Hi Turgy, I'm sorry that I assaulted your senses, but that is not an image of a hand. It is an image of The Shambler...come to think of it, it does look a little like an upside down hand. :lol:

FFC

Post by FFC »

Turgy, I fixed the problem of the terrible image. I hope it helps. :lol:

Turgonian

Post by Turgonian »

Oh, sorry. I thought you were asking, 'Are you a Christian?' in a roundabout way...

And thank you. ;)
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
FFC

Post by FFC »

Turgonian wrote:Oh, sorry. I thought you were asking, 'Are you a Christian?' in a roundabout way...

And thank you. ;)
Uh....you're welcome?

BigDaddyCole
Newbie Member

Post by BigDaddyCole »

Hey everyone. I just signed up and would like to say hello. I look forward to some good discussion.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BigDaddyCole wrote:Hey everyone. I just signed up and would like to say hello. I look forward to some good discussion.

Welcome to the board BigDaddyCole. Please check out the many articles posted on the main page, as well as the board purpose and discussion guidelines. Jump right in whenever you feel like it.

Byblos.

Charlie Brown
Acquainted Member

Post by Charlie Brown »

I just wanted to say hello and give a brief intro. Anyway, I'm 28 and I found this board from the god and science website. :)