Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
KBCid
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by KBCid »

Thankyou all!
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
phareztamar
Acquainted Member

Post by phareztamar »

Spring greetings. I am 58, and work as a maintenance electrician at a plastics manufacturer. No formal bible training, just studies at home. My wife and I have raised 6 children, and we both love our Lord, and his word. Thank you for letting me share on your forum.

because of Him,

Phareztamar
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Welcome,

Having read your last post, I wonder if you could share with us some of your faith background, testimony, etc.

Still digesting your post, God in Christ. I do like your writing style. Not sure how all the egg heads here will receive, but you've got my attention. :roll:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome, newbies! :dancing:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
phareztamar
Acquainted Member

Post by phareztamar »

My personal testimony is too long to write. Indeed, every day, He saves me from myself. But I will share my beginning.
I was a young man, serving a four-year hitch in the United States Navy. Russia had threatened to close the Suez Canal to all shipping. The U.S. responded by sending my aircraft carrier-The U.S.S. Oriskany CVA-34- right down the middle of the Red Sea. Up and down we steamed, from the Gulf of Aden to the Suez, double-dog-daring Russia to object. It was during this mission, sailing through the Straits of Malacca, that a merciful Creator gently knocked on my door. I shall never forget His grace.
The last rays of daylight were slowly retreating. The ocean was like one continuous sea of glass; not a ripple or rise all the way to the horizon. Sitting on the focsal, I looked down at the very point of our huge battleship slicing through the sheet of glass beneath me.
Now, at just 20 years old, I’d never heard of flying fish. But here they were. As if this warship were a new playground friend; six or eight of them would leap from the water in unison, fly alongside the ship’s point, then dart back underwater. Over and over again they would leap, spread their wings, and frolic six inches above the glass sea. After matching the ship’s speed for about ten seconds, they’d dive back under. It was absolutely magical. Looking above; void of cloud or city light, was a grand canopy of billions of stars.
Suddenly, you could almost hear the “plop”, as I poked my head above the fog of adolescence for the very first time. They had lied to me in school. This was all too big; too magnificent, too perfect to have evolved from primordial soup. This was design and engineering on a colossal scale. How could I have been so blind? All around me, and every part of me, was compelling evidence that someone very mighty had made all of this. I must search Him out, learn about Him, and see what He has to say. And so, my journey began.
What this letter proposes is, in a word, unbelievable. Sort of like when Neo of The Matrix is purged from his egg sac, but much worse. To comprehend the gravity of this hour, one should temporarily suspend all of their ideas about religion, this life, and the world we live in. You too have been lied to. May your first new reality be this:
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; but the honour of Kings is to search out a matter

You may have noticed that the gold, silver, and precious jewels of the earth, are not found scattered on the roadside. Neither is the wisdom of God, the narrow way, or the things that matter.
Having studied the Bible for most of my adult life, I find it to be as an ocean with no bottom. Though I have learned much, I am still as the pond-skater bug that never breaks the surface. Moreover, I’ve come to understand in some degree the words of King Solomon:
For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow
The sorrow appears on the journey’s second leg, as the big picture comes into focus.
To my loved ones, I have no money or property, no worldly goods or possessions to leave behind. I have only this letter. I pray my children, that one day, you might see it as the buried treasure that it is. Before you is a journey with two legs. First, you must embrace the truth about salvation. On the other side of that narrow gate, is the second leg…the journey itself. He salvages the remainder of our lives, and the journey of free will begins.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Welcome, phareztamar. Interesting testimony - right now I'm about as old as you were at the time you began your "journey", and it was similar for me as well. One day I found myself shocked that for 20 years of my life I never asked myself where everything, including me, came from. I spent the past year intensely researching everything, from science to philosophy, and though I don't believe the search will end while I'm on Earth, the entire process has made me improve as a person, and continues to do so.

It's a pleasure to have someone of your age and life experience on this forum. I hope you stick around.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Rachel
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Rachel »

Hello, everyone!

My name is Rachel. I'm 30 years old, though I'll be 31 in just a few weeks. I have been happily married since November 1, 2002 to my wonderful husband. We live a modest life in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I was born and raised in South Mississippi. My husband is actually from this area of Minnesota. He first moved to Mississippi in 2002 so we could get married, but then we moved together to his hometown in Minnesota in 2007. I really love it up here!

Although I have gone through some pretty rough stuff in my lifetime, God has helped me through so much of it! I don't know if I would be here today if he hadn't helped me through some of my past trials and struggles. I fully credit him with finding my husband and helping us have a fulfilling and happy marriage together for almost 9 and a half years now! I also credit him with the little miracle my husband and I are expecting this November! <3

I have always sought God. I can even remember back to my very early childhood a few times when I had called on God for help. There have been a few times when I thought my faith had been shaken too much and I was confused, but I realize that was more my being upset with the situation than it was any kind of crisis of faith. I'm thankful God was patient with me while I got over my upset. I never blamed him for anything. Never, ever have I blamed him for anything that ever went wrong in my life. Instead, I am thankful to him that he's been so patient with me through everything, and that he's been loving enough to always stick by me and keep helping me. He is a God of love indeed!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the site, Rachel! And, congrats on the new addition to your family! :dancing: y\:D/
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Rachel wrote:Hello, everyone!

My name is Rachel. I'm 30 years old, though I'll be 31 in just a few weeks. I have been happily married since November 1, 2002 to my wonderful husband. We live a modest life in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I was born and raised in South Mississippi. My husband is actually from this area of Minnesota. He first moved to Mississippi in 2002 so we could get married, but then we moved together to his hometown in Minnesota in 2007. I really love it up here!

Although I have gone through some pretty rough stuff in my lifetime, God has helped me through so much of it! I don't know if I would be here today if he hadn't helped me through some of my past trials and struggles. I fully credit him with finding my husband and helping us have a fulfilling and happy marriage together for almost 9 and a half years now! I also credit him with the little miracle my husband and I are expecting this November! <3

I have always sought God. I can even remember back to my very early childhood a few times when I had called on God for help. There have been a few times when I thought my faith had been shaken too much and I was confused, but I realize that was more my being upset with the situation than it was any kind of crisis of faith. I'm thankful God was patient with me while I got over my upset. I never blamed him for anything. Never, ever have I blamed him for anything that ever went wrong in my life. Instead, I am thankful to him that he's been so patient with me through everything, and that he's been loving enough to always stick by me and keep helping me. He is a God of love indeed!

Welcome to the Board - my wife and I have relatives in St Paul. How do you handle the winters being from warm Southern State!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jeast
Newbie Member

Post by Jeast »

Hi everyone!

I'm a 26 year old youngster from the most atheistic country on earth (Netherlands) ;-)
Married to a beautiful wife and a proud father of my 3 month old daughter.
To describe myself in one sentence: I'm a fundamentalistic anti-abortion government-distrusting pessimistic birthcontrol-critic conspiracy-interested creationist.

I'm looking forward to talking to you people.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the site, Jeast!
Does anyone still call it "Holland", anymore? :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Jeast
Newbie Member

Post by Jeast »

Hmm good question. I guess not.
I never hear it around here..

Thanks for the welcome :-)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jeast wrote:To describe myself in one sentence: I'm a fundamentalistic anti-abortion government-distrusting pessimistic birthcontrol-critic conspiracy-interested creationist.
We've had all those on here before, even at the same time but I don't believe all consolidated in a single person. Lord help us all. :pound:

And welcome.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
leonorvalenzuela29
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by leonorvalenzuela29 »

Newbie here . I just made an account and look forward to being a part of this forum and community.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

leonorvalenzuela29 wrote:Newbie here . I just made an account and look forward to being a part of this forum and community.

Welcome Leon. Tell us a bit more about yourself.