Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey I'm vvart, its a very late introduction but better late then never :?

Anyway I live in California in Palo Alto which is basically fairly close to San Francisco. I'm in a region where the majority hates Bush, supports gay marriage and evolution is all the rage :cry:

I'm deeply religious and this site has helped me to understand a lot of the science that goes hand in hand with Scripture and its great.
ID rules!!! :D
Anonymous

another howdy from yo mama

Post by Anonymous »

i should have introduced myself here first. i'm new here. i just wanted to stop in and say hello.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Didnt see this at first but let me introduce myself now.

Im dro611, a freethinker, non-theist for the moment until anyone convinces me otherwise. I agree with some of the nihilist concept, mostly about not believing in anything. So i dont believe in anything, i just go with the flow. Base my so called beliefs in percentage. I stated that there is no god/s, but there could be, but more of non. Im open minded and would doubt but never forget.

If your asking why im in this site, then my reply is that im just looking for knowledge. So if anyone can convert me, please do.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

dro611 wrote:So if anyone can convert me, please do.
Just thought I'd made the statement that noone can convert you.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I agree. nobody is truly converted. Conversion has to come from you, not from us. We can only show you the way.
Alanna
Familiar Member

Post by Alanna »

Hi! My names Alanna, and I'm a deeply commited Roman Catholic.
I live in a small town in Canada (population of under 500) I'm fourteen. since grade 7 I've been homeschooled (which I enjoy very much) My hobbies are: studying Catholicism, riding horses, writing, and debates/discussions. I love my faith, my family, my friends, and above all, Jesus!!! :D I actually found this website while doing a search on google for a school project :P I hope I can make a few friends here.

God Bless!
Your sister in Christ, Alanna
Last edited by Alanna on Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome Alanna, it's good to see more women coming to this board to help even the sexes out. So I hope you enjoy posting here and stay. :)

Kurieuo.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I added you to my MSN, just so you know. :p
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Then Guide me....

just be warned coz i might guide you....
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

That you may, but I don't see what you could offer if you're never sure about anything ;). But if you do believe that we can know some things, then it is important to understand one can lead a camel to water but can't make it drink.

Kurieuo.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi all I'm new to :)
Thought I would sign up here, after ages of reading posts and browsing the G&S site waiting for the new articles to be posted :P I find alot of the stuff quite intersting to read and very informative. Its good its all backed by scripture as well :D

This has to be one of the best sites on the internet imo
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hello. My name is Russ. I am a foster care case manager. Enjoy studying the Bible. Recently started studying it in detail. Never knew I could study the original language, think critically, etc. Look forward to discussing some things with you guys and gals.
Anonymous

Presentation and question about the Guidelines

Post by Anonymous »

I'm an atheist. I just joined up and read the guidelines. Particularly where it says
Therefore, those who are Christian or haven't made up their minds are encouraged to join, while others who merely wish to attack and try to discredit Christianity are discouraged
I'm not a christian, but HAVE made up my mind (to be an atheist). On the other hand, I have no intention of attacking or discrediting christianity.

What I'm really interested in is science. I don't think there is such thing or even CAN be such thing as scientific evidence for God. But I'm willing to listen.

I'm not sure how the guidelines apply to me, but if atheists are acceptable I'd like to participate. If not, please let me know.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Just watch the guidelines closely. We don't have a problem with non-believers participating, but bear in mind the purpose of the boards. Honest discussion is always welcome, but attempts to tear down the Christian faith (calculated attacks, etc.) simply aren't tolerated. There are plenty of atheist vs. Christian forums for that.

Otherwise, good to have you aboard (same with everyone else ;)), and I look forward to discussions and what we can learn from each other.

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry I should have done this ages ago. Hi my name is Phil, I live in New Zealand. I'm 18, and I'm just about to start teachers college so I can become a school teacher in New Zealand.