Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Cross.eyed »

Thanks for the greeting FFC, Yeah .....I still here some of those whispers every now and then but I don't dwell on them as much as I once did. These days I try to remember so that I can learn from my mistakes and tell others about them. I recently read somewhere- um..I think it was Ravi Zacharias but I'm not sure-that I have no right to keep to myself the things GOD can use from my history for another. It can be very humbling (which is a good thing!)and sometimes hard to reswallow, but always well worth it when someone uses even the tiniest piece.

Thanks again,

Roger
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

And uh maybe the next time I'll remember how to spell "hear". :lol:
I am the wretch the song refers to.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Cross.eyed wrote:Thanks for the greeting FFC, Yeah .....I still here some of those whispers every now and then but I don't dwell on them as much as I once did. These days I try to remember so that I can learn from my mistakes and tell others about them. I recently read somewhere- um..I think it was Ravi Zacharias but I'm not sure-that I have no right to keep to myself the things GOD can use from my history for another. It can be very humbling (which is a good thing!)and sometimes hard to reswallow, but always well worth it when someone uses even the tiniest piece.

Thanks again,

Roger
Good advice, Roger. Also, the biggest thing you have going for you is the radical change that people will see in you as you walk in Gods ways again. They may be watching this new turn of events that you are displaying right now and waiting for you to slip up, but they are watching and that is a good thing! And even if you do slip up God is there to forgive and retore you again..70 times 7 and all that.

Take care
John
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Hello everyone, I am Jenna. I found this web by accident, but I'm glad I did. Now I can post my views and answer and ask questions hopefully without fear of retaliation. I believe in God, but some of my beliefs are very different than what others believe. It's always good to hear others' opinions and beliefs, though. I try to keep an open mind. Anyway, thanks and God bless
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

jenwat3 wrote:Hello everyone, I am Jenna. I found this web by accident, but I'm glad I did. Now I can post my views and answer and ask questions hopefully without fear of retaliation. I believe in God, but some of my beliefs are very different than what others believe. It's always good to hear others' opinions and beliefs, though. I try to keep an open mind. Anyway, thanks and God bless

WElcome aboard!! Good to have you here....already you have made several postings....

May I dare to ask how you beliefs are very different?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

zoegirl wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:Hello everyone, I am Jenna. I found this web by accident, but I'm glad I did. Now I can post my views and answer and ask questions hopefully without fear of retaliation. I believe in God, but some of my beliefs are very different than what others believe. It's always good to hear others' opinions and beliefs, though. I try to keep an open mind. Anyway, thanks and God bless

WElcome aboard!! Good to have you here....already you have made several postings....

May I dare to ask how you beliefs are very different?
well, for one I think Saturday is God's Sabbath, not Sunday. For another I don't believe in the trinity. I believe that God and Jesus are two separate beings in one family with one like spirit. I do not keep Christmas, Easter, Valentines, or any other holidays except Thanksgiving. I dont celebrate birthdays, mine or anyone else's. I don't believe people will go to either heaven or hell IMMEDIATELY upon their death. I do not believe in an "everlasting" hell where sinners will burn forever. I do believe that after the resurrection, God will give a choice, to either follow him, or face the lake of fire, where people will be cast, but they will burn up and be gone forever, not simply burn forever. (I have never found ANY scripture to support this). I also follow the "unclean foods" rule. There are some others, but these are the main ones. Anyway, thanks for your interest, and please all comments are welcome. One thing I also think is wrong is to put down another for their beliefs, so please, I'm open to all suggestions and comments. But I dont try to be demeaning to others, just talk about differences
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
josephcleetus
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by josephcleetus »

Hi to all of you!!
My name is Joseph. I am a catholic born and bought up as an "outstanding Christian" . Outstanding Christian - is one who attends the church only for obligatory purpose. They come for mass and may stand near the doors or outside the church so that they can move out as quickly as possible. I was one such Christian till I came to know Jesus personally 7 years back. There are many ups and down in my journey. But I am on the right path.
I came to know about this site, when I was searching for design theory and I am glad, I found this site.

May god bless you all……
Joshua 1: 9 "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid"
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

welcome here!!
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Joseph. Feel free to jump in or ask any questions.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
josephcleetus
Newbie Member

Post by josephcleetus »

zoegirl wrote:welcome here!!
thank you :D
josephcleetus
Newbie Member

Post by josephcleetus »

Byblos wrote:Welcome Joseph. Feel free to jump in or ask any questions.
Thank you.
I am just browsing through the huge information. There is a lot of information in which I am interested. But I am not an expert and so doesnot have any specific questions to be asked.
thanks
Joshua 1: 9 "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid"
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

josephcleetus wrote:
Byblos wrote:Welcome Joseph. Feel free to jump in or ask any questions.
Thank you.
I am just browsing through the huge information. There is a lot of information in which I am interested. But I am not an expert and so doesnot have any specific questions to be asked.
thanks
Just a thought, but I don't think you need to be an expert to ask questions. How else are we going to learn the truth? Anyway, welcome aboard and God bless :D
Himantolophus
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Himantolophus »

Hey everybody,

I came across this site and it seems like a good place for intelligent discussions on God and science. I was born Catholic but have not been a regular Churchgoer for some years. Despite this, I am a believer in God and I consider myself a moral person that does his best to follow God's laws. I am in graduate school for marine biology in Chas, SC and obviously I've had alot of experience with evolution. I am a firm "old-Earther" and believer in evolution and have debated the topic many times. However, I am trying to find an explanation that includes both scientific evidence and God. I believe in a form of "created Evolution" in which God created the Big Bang and all of nature's laws (including evolution) and then let it go from there. I admit that there are a few flaws with evolutionary theory and I am open to God involving Himself in these problems (as in planting life on Earth perhaps?). But I do believe that science as a whole is on the right track with things in the past.

I don't know what backgrounds you all have and I hope I haven't stumbled into a "born-again" minefield, but according to the title of this site, I hope there are a lot of open minded people here :)
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Welcome! I think you hit a minefield! :twisted: Seriously though, welcome aboard. I'm pretty new myself, and couldn't have asked for a better place. Hope you like it! 8)
Himantolophus
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Himantolophus »

I didn't mean the "minefield" comment as an insult to conservatives on the site but I have Baptist relatives and they are as staunchly Yound Earth and Creationist as they come. I meant that I hope people are more open to discussion then they are! I believe there is a compromise between God and Science and that's what this site is for, right?