Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
BigHamster
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by BigHamster »

1over137 wrote:BigHamster, why are you not using your old account?
I changed the email address on my old godandscience account (which was a wrong email address). Subsequently, the account was rendered inactive until I verified it. Since I couldn't access the new email account and verifiy the new email address, the godandscience account stayed locked (inactive). Catch 22.

Kurieuo fixed it in the end, but now I have grown into a Big Gigantic Hamster.

TruthSeeker035
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by TruthSeeker035 »

I'm not quite new. I've had another account but I haven't been on in years thus forgot what my original account was under. I could actually be confusing my old account here with another on a different site as well. Anyhow will be venturing more here in the next few days. Thanks ........
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

Hi, i'm seeking after Christ, Mark Whittington, age 55, Heretic, single, creation~centered, not sure what "creation position" is asking, i doubt "fetal" is the correct response, so i'll just say that i suspect Adam and Eve had navels, for now, and i'll fill in the bio stuff today. Started Southern Baptist, through Charismatic, Free-will, Messianic, Prosperity, OP, now considered a Heretic by pretty much all of those guys. i hope. Ntmy all :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:Hi, i'm seeking after Christ, Mark Whittington, age 55, Heretic, single, creation~centered, not sure what "creation position" is asking, i doubt "fetal" is the correct response, so i'll just say that i suspect Adam and Eve had navels, for now, and i'll fill in the bio stuff today. Started Southern Baptist, through Charismatic, Free-will, Messianic, Prosperity, OP, now considered a Heretic by pretty much all of those guys. i hope. Ntmy all :)
Welcome to the forum, Mark.

:D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bbyrd009 wrote:Hi, i'm seeking after Christ, Mark Whittington, age 55, Heretic, single, creation~centered, not sure what "creation position" is asking, i doubt "fetal" is the correct response, so i'll just say that i suspect Adam and Eve had navels, for now, and i'll fill in the bio stuff today. Started Southern Baptist, through Charismatic, Free-will, Messianic, Prosperity, OP, now considered a Heretic by pretty much all of those guys. i hope. Ntmy all :)
Take solace my friend, I'm Catholic so even you might consider me a heretic. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:
Take solace my friend, I'm Catholic so even you might consider me a heretic. :mrgreen:
not even close, wadr. Aren't the two anathema to each other? how can one be both "Establishment," and "Heretic?" former Catholic, then? ty
Byblos wrote: Welcome to the forum.
tyvm!
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

ok, but lest that be misinterpreted, after being raised to believe that Catholics were satanic, i have since started volunteering at Catholic Charities, and i love Catholics, ok? If one is in dire straits, and seeks relief, they are almost surely going to be shortly talking to some Catholics, who are not going to even be asking whether that one is a believer or not. they help Wiccans, or anyone else who asks! :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:ok, but lest that be misinterpreted, after being raised to believe that Catholics were satanic, i have since started volunteering at Catholic Charities, and i love Catholics, ok? If one is in dire straits, and seeks relief, they are almost surely going to be shortly talking to some Catholics, who are not going to even be asking whether that one is a believer or not. they help Wiccans, or anyone else who asks! :)
Catholic charities needs to do a better job, vetting their volunteers. :shock:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick's just sore because their lapsed Catholic database flagged his volunteer application. :lol:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

:lol. it is easy to lump Catholics in with Catholicism, when Catholics are just like everyone else. No two Catholics have the same beliefs, either. why is your :lol working, and mine is not? ty
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:ok, but lest that be misinterpreted, after being raised to believe that Catholics were satanic, i have since started volunteering at Catholic Charities, and i love Catholics, ok? If one is in dire straits, and seeks relief, they are almost surely going to be shortly talking to some Catholics, who are not going to even be asking whether that one is a believer or not. they help Wiccans, or anyone else who asks! :)
zing! :lol

ya, you got me, RickD, good job. "Well done!" :)
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

daqq
today, 1:32 am
But see both the passages which I highlighted in blue actually have a word that is rendered shepherd elsewhere.

Rev 2:27 και ποιμανει [G4165] αυτους εν ραβδω σιδηρα ως τα σκευη τα κεραμικα συντριβεται (2-28) ως καγω ειληφα παρα του πατρος μου

Rev 12:5 και ετεκεν υιον αρσεν ος μελλει ποιμαινειν [G4165] παντα τα εθνη εν ραβδω σιδηρα και ηρπασθη το τεκνον αυτης προς τον θεον και προς τον θρονον αυτου

G4165 ποιμαίνω poimaino (poi-mai'-nō) v.
1. to tend as a shepherd of.
2. (by implication) to feed sheep.
3. (figuratively) to supervise, direct, and feed.
[from G4166]
KJV: feed (cattle), rule
Root(s): G4166

Your body-temple is "the Land", as we have said in many other places and in many other ways, and in the outer bounds-commons-profane area of your land dwell all sorts of creatures, even wild beasts, and nations and allegorical "heathen", it is all an allegory for tending or shepherding your own land and the permanent dwellers upon your earth, (and "members" of your household as Paul also puts it, and in Romans 7, where he says that no good thing dwells in the flesh which is the outer bounds-commons-profane area of your body-temple). You are the porter of the door of your house while the House Master is as if away in a far journey, (Mark 13:34-37), you are like the second-in-charge shepherd who has been put in charge while the Master of the house is away. In the days of the heavens upon the earth, (Deut 11:21), when the Son of man comes, (the full Testimony of Yeshua and the mysteries thereof revealed), you will not just "rule" the various territories of the land in your charge but you will shepherd the "nations" roundabout in all the dominion of your land. It is all supernal allegorical teaching, (pure asceticism, imo, because it concerns teachings for taking control over the body-temple which you have been set over, which is no more your own when you enter into Yeshua faithfulness through the doctrine, parables, sayings, and teachings of Messiah).
oh; forgot this was a general intro thread, not mine. oh, well.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

:wave:

I'm back :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote::wave:

Omg, were you away?
:oops:

:mrgreen:
y>:D<

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:

Omg, were you away?

I only went to make you a sammich!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

Omg, were you away?

I only went to make you a sammich!
In all seriousness, your gift of faith, which shines through in your posts, is a refreshing breath of fresh air in this forum. I truly miss you when you're not here.

-Edward R Murrow