Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
sharleea
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by sharleea »

Hello everyone! I labeled myself as a Christian because I believe in God. But this is the extent of my belief. I do not read the Bible because there are too many Bibles in the world. There should only be one. This is only my opinion and that is all it is. Whether it's true or not we all will eventually find out when we die what is really going on. My Bible that I wrote has one page in it. When you open it up you will see the word LOVE written in all kinds of pretty colors. That is all that is needed in my Bible. If we all truly loved one another and ourselves too, there would be world peace. There would be no wars. No one would ever go hungry or without clothes or medical attention. And everyone would have shoes on their feet and a place to call home. Only if we all could love each other like God loves us, could this ever happen. And this is all we are supposed to do. Basically that is it. No more need for law enforcement because we all know what is right and what is wrong. We would all have compassion and empathy for everyone here. It wouldn't be important to have a president or world leader. I think there is a place like this and this place is Heaven. This is where you will find all this to be true. But for now we are stuck in a place that tests us daily. My last words are: anyone reading this, please try and do one random act of kindness for someone every day. It doesn't have to be anything big. It can be a simple hello or a smile. It is that simple. Everything we do everyday spreads out throughout the world. Yes that hello you said to that stranger who was having a bad day, made a difference to him and changed his day into a better one....that affects the entire world. We all need to stop with this negativity and start doing positive things for each other if we want to save this planet. Let's all stop the downhill spiral and make it go upward so good change can happen. This all starts with each and everyone of us. Do a good deed every day. Oh, and you can't tell people you did it either because then you want something for it and it cancels the action out. It won't kill you to do this one simple thing. Best of all, it doesn't cost a penny unless you want to give money to someone in need. So it is free and takes only a minute of your day. If you can't do this then I hate to tell you this, you ain't no Christian...not in my one word book. And what are you doing here then? Go away. And this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I let God take over and tell me what to say. Basically God did the typing. How and why can I say this? Because I don't practice doing a random act of kindness any more. I stopped. So now I have to start doing it too. Thanks for the reminder God. I now feel bad that I had stopped for so many years. I'll start today.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Welcome to the forum, Sharleea!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Sharleea: Hello everyone! I labeled myself as a Christian because I believe in God. But this is the extent of my belief.
The reality is, anyone can label themselves whatever they want. But the term "Christian," as defined by the New Testament, is the only definition that matters. And across the entire NT, the term is only applied to one who has faith in the historical Jesus written about in the NT. And that Jesus has always existed / was never created, is equally God, as is the Father and Holy Spirit, born into the world as a baby to eventually die to save us from our sins. So the Bible tells us that a Christian is one who has faith in this Jesus and what it says about Him in the Bible, that we believe also in His death and physical resurrection, in Who He is (God!), AND by faith we have also submitted ourselves to Him is desire to follow and obey Him. This is what a Christian is. All other definitions are made up by people, and without any other context but their own defintion of the term "Christian." If one has not submitted in faith to Christ or hasn't believed the key things about Who He is and what's He's done for us, then they are NOT a Christian. Also, mere intellectual belief that Jesus existed is not enough - if you've not come to faith in these things, and haven't sincerely expressed desire to Him, to follow Him, the you are not a Christian.
Sharleea: I do not read the Bible because there are too many Bibles in the world. There should only be one.
You are correct - if there is but ONE God, His word should be intact in one unit - and not added to by man. And most certainly not in multiple documents purported to be of God, that nonetheless contradict each other per what they teach. For instance, Islam denies Jesus is God. It denies His resurrection. The pantheistic religions like Hinduism all assert their are multiple gods, and that all of creation is part of god. The religions that tacked on far later teachings to the those in the Bible (ending with the Book of Revelation), like Mormonism, Islam, Jehovah Witnesses - these all deny Jesus is God - which is THE central teaching of the New Testament. So, they can't ALL be correct. And God either gave us His word or not. If He had the power to create a universe, He can protect His word to man. And the New Testament states that Jesus came to DIE for the prophecies of the Old Testament and He confirmed that this also is part of God's word to man.
Sharleea: When you open it up you will see the word LOVE written in all kinds of pretty colors. That is all that is needed in my Bible.
The problem is, God is not ONLY love - which He most certainly is - but He's much more than just that, although that is one of His major attributes. But we can't credibly cherrypick what in the Bible we think He has said about Himself, and just reject the rest of it. Do you think God would allow His word to be corrupted and mixed in with fiction and lies? What would that say about Him? Would THAT be loving? Remember, Jesus said He came here to DIE for the collective truth of His words to man.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

According to my profile, it's been 5 years since I last posted.

Hello again. :)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

BavarianWheels wrote:According to my profile, it's been 5 years since I last posted.

we shall wait with baited breath for your next 5 yearly post :lol:
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Nessa wrote: we shall wait with baited breath for your next 5 yearly post :lol:
I may be back...for a little while. :ebiggrin:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

BavarianWheels wrote:
I think the mods are now offering free gifts for those who stay :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
I think the mods are now offering free gifts for those who stay :mrgreen:
Bav,

If you do stay, I'm afraid you'll have to put up with Nessa's attempts at humor.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

5 years.
Welcome back for a while :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

I liked her post. I thought it was very sweet..
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:I liked her post. I thought it was very sweet..
Did someone say chivalry is dead?
:knight:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Welcome Sharleea!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

BavarianWheels wrote:According to my profile, it's been 5 years since I last posted.

Welcome home or back which ever you prefer :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Thx B.W.

It's so quiet in here now. I recall not being able to keep up with all the discussions going on here.

What did you all do?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Thx B.W.

It's so quiet in here now. I recall not being able to keep up with all the discussions going on here.

What did you all do?
It's been slow since you left.
y:-?

-Edward R Murrow