Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
rodyshusband
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome, obsolete!
I spent a lot of time on another Christian web site that embraces New Age...I grew tired of debating there.
I accepted Christ when I was 17 (gave Him my heart) and 30 years later, finally gave Him my will.
Again, welcome!
y>:D<
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Screwtape
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Screwtape »

Hi folks,

I recently encountered this site and decided to join up for some alternative Christian views and perspectives. I've been a Christian as long as I care to remember, however, I've always taken my faith for granted. Despite considering myself a Christian since childhood, I've always had a weeks sort of faith. Now, as I hit 30, I have decided to question and explore the facets and mysteries of God and Christianity. I hope, though vigorous questioning, debate, exposure to alternative perspectives and sincere acceptance of Jesus, my faith will be built on something more than sand.

Looking forward to chatting with you all. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Screwtape
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Screwtape wrote:Hi folks,

I recently encountered this site and decided to join up for some alternative Christian views and perspectives. I've been a Christian as long as I care to remember, however, I've always taken my faith for granted. Despite considering myself a Christian since childhood, I've always had a weeks sort of faith. Now, as I hit 30, I have decided to question and explore the facets and mysteries of God and Christianity. I hope, though vigorous questioning, debate, exposure to alternative perspectives and sincere acceptance of Jesus, my faith will be built on something more than sand.

Looking forward to chatting with you all. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Screwtape
Welcome, screwtape (great name). The Holy Bible is the only religious book that encourages questioning, exploring and examining the words that are written. God has not provided answers for everything, but the answers He has provided are overwhelming! :clap:
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Screwtape
Acquainted Member

Post by Screwtape »

Thanks for the Welcome. Yes, I would agree that the Bible (and certain Christians religions) teaches that honest questioning is the bedrock of faith.

Out of curiosity, is this an active forum? I have a lot of questions :)
Daniel
Recognized Member

Post by Daniel »

Welcome, Screwtape! This is, in fact, an active forum, although sometimes you'll have to wait a few hours for a response.
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Daniel wrote:Welcome, Screwtape! This is, in fact, an active forum, although sometimes you'll have to wait a few hours for a response.
Sometimes even days.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

obsolete wrote:
Daniel wrote:Welcome, Screwtape! This is, in fact, an active forum, although sometimes you'll have to wait a few hours for a response.
Sometimes even days.
Sorry if it seems like a long time!
We LOVE when people ask questions...ask a few (or just one), and watch the responses flow!
Also, browse through the God & Science home page...plenty of questions are answered there.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
:wave:
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

rodyshusband wrote:
obsolete wrote:
Sometimes even days.
Sorry if it seems like a long time!
We LOVE when people ask questions...ask a few (or just one), and watch the responses flow!
Also, browse through the God & Science home page...plenty of questions are answered there.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
I was joking. :lol:
Johannes
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Johannes »

Hi everyone.

My first post here...
This site is really great, it answers many of the questions I have been wondering about for a long time. I feel that reading this site has given my faith new strength. I have always been a Christian as I was born into a Christian family, though I had to choose between being either Greek Orthodox or Protestant, I chose the latter.
In recent years however my faith had begun to falter. I always saw myself as a Christian but it was not until I hit rock bottom, just weeks ago that I realized that I wasn't Christian at all. It must have been at least a year since I last visited a Chrurch for spiritual business, I have decided though that I will go next sunday.
I never realized untill just days ago how empty my life really was, no head nor tail. I'm glad that I finaly have come back and found Jesus again, much thanks to this site.
I just pray that I won't fall back to my old ways.

Anyways that's my introduction :).
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Welcome, Johannes. And God Bless you.
I too had hit rock bottom when I fell out of fellowship with Jesus. I hope that you find the answers to your questions here. Feel free to ask away. Again, God Bless! y>:D<
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Hi, johanes and welcome!
I gave my heart to Christ when I was 17 years old...and it took me 30 years to give Him my will! It takes time.
WELCOME!!!
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Welcome screwtape. I too fell away for a long time but I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and came back to Christ. That was 18 yrs. ago and I haven't looked back since. Life is much better today

I'm sure you will find good support here.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Unique
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Unique »

Hi! I've just joined this site and I'm looking forward to meeting new people and finding out even MORE exciting things about my God and my faith. :)

I'm so glad to see that there are Christian forums!

~God Bless~
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Unique wrote:Hi! I've just joined this site and I'm looking forward to meeting new people and finding out even MORE exciting things about my God and my faith. :)

I'm so glad to see that there are Christian forums!

~God Bless~
Welcome, Unique! I hope that through this site we all can edify one another and grow spiritualy. God Bless.
Moonvolt
Newbie Member

Post by Moonvolt »

Hey all,

My user name, Moonvolt, is unusual but there is a story. Several years ago I was ordering some computers for work. The customer service person told me to fax the PO to him, Mercury Ohm. He said it wasn't his first choice - I guess it gets assigned. I figured if he could have a strange name then so could I. It works really well as a user name because it is unique.

Personally I have been a Christian since I was 10, 28 years now. My father is the pastor of our church and has been preaching for 50 years this past June. I love science, sci-fi and books that use science to prove God, within our finite capabilities.

I have been studying the universe and it is amazing how big it is - and God is bigger than that. :clap: