Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Storyteller »

Vergil wrote:Hello o merry sons and daughters of Christendom
Hello o jolly sons and daughters of Knowledge

I am Vergil
Welcome Vergil y>:D<
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Vergil
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

Thank you for the greetings friends.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Vergil, I love your name, but I think it's spelled "Virgil" unless I'm mistaken
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Hortator wrote:Vergil, I love your name, but I think it's spelled "Virgil" unless I'm mistaken
Unless your talking about the Game (Devil May Cry) no, my full name is Publius Vergilius Maro or in short Vergil (or in some countries or translation, Virgil), named after the legendary roman poet during the time of Augustus, creator of the Aeneid, and guide of Durante Degli Alighieri on his journey to the 3 kingdoms of the afterlife and spiritual understanding in the world-renowned Divinia Comedia.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

So, where you from Virgil?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:So, where you from Virgil?
I would lie and say i'm from Mantua 8) but i'm from the Pearl of the Orient Seas (Philippines)

How bout thee o friend?
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Vergil wrote:
I would lie and say i'm from Mantua 8) but i'm from the Pearl of the Orient Seas (Philippines)

How bout thee o friend?
South coast of UK. A little seaside town.
I absolutely adore the sea, it pulls at my soul :)

What do you do in the Philippines? I had a bookshop (in the process of closing the shop down and selling from home) I`m crazy about books, writing, horses, dragons and of course our Lord. Recently came to Christ and I feel like I`m home.

You`ll like it here (just watch out for the crazies :shock: :mrgreen:

P.S. How old are you? Married? How long you been a Christian?

Sorry, too many questions :oops:
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:
Vergil wrote:

How bout thee o friend?
South coast of UK. A little seaside town.
I absolutely adore the sea, it pulls at my soul :)

What do you do in the Philippines? I had a bookshop (in the process of closing the shop down and selling from home) I`m crazy about books, writing, horses, dragons and of course our Lord. Recently came to Christ and I feel like I`m home.

You`ll like it here (just watch out for the crazies :shock: :mrgreen:

P.S. How old are you? Married? How long you been a Christian?

Sorry, too many questions :oops:

I honestly love books and have this wild imagination which makes daydream all the time, with Knights and Dragons in enchanting lands from far away in an epic battle between Good and Evil!

I'm still a high school student, sad to hear that Storyteller but maybe one day you'll can have an even great one.

I might, i love the sea and always wanted to see the breathtaking sunset on which always enamored like Sunrise (Also i have a relative in UK)

I'm 17, Single, Well i'm Roman Catholic since all of my life

It's okay Milady
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I have been around books all my life (I'm 45 now). I live in a world of words. We are going to try and bring as many books home as we can to sell from home so all is not lost.
Any ideas what you want to do when you leave school?
Sunsets here are wuite often stunning, my favourite time of day :)
I've been looking into Catholicism!

It's a delight to make your acquantince, young sir y>:D< y>:D<
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:I have been around books all my life (I'm 45 now). I live in a world of words. We are going to try and bring as many books home as we can to sell from home so all is not lost.
Any ideas what you want to do when you leave school?
Sunsets here are wuite often stunning, my favourite time of day :)
I've been looking into Catholicism!

It's a delight to make your acquantince, young sir y>:D< y>:D<
Surely reading a book will launch you towards many fantasy.
That's alot of working bringing a ton of books.
I'm planning on taking Political Science and Law in college (a more straight-forward answer: I want to be President)
Yes, its always both Sunset and Sunrise that caught my eyes, as well as the stars that light up the gloomy night.
Well, that's great milady!

The pleasure is all mine, mademoiselle :ebiggrin:
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I am charmed, besotted in fact. You are a true gentleman. At 17. You are destined for great things.

President. Why?

I spend many an hour under a starlit sky.
With an echo of the waves on a distant shore, xcept it isnt, just sounds better.

Vergil, I wanna change the world.
Not managed it yet but never say never, huh?
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:I am charmed, besotted in fact. You are a true gentleman. At 17. You are destined for great things.

President. Why?

I spend many an hour under a starlit sky.
With an echo of the waves on a distant shore, xcept it isnt, just sounds better.

Vergil, I wanna change the world.
Not managed it yet but never say never, huh?
You honor too much milady, I am but a humble boy.

Well if take the cliche one (I want to change the world) it'll be a normal answer, but my own answer is I want to make my country then the world happy, I want to see a world with people smiling even just a fleeting moment, for our time has to many sorrows (I know its kinda childish or impossible)

Aye, I must say it must be beautiful a scene, to see the stars and the moon, I always talked to the moon, its like i'm talking to God, and sleeping under a tree beneath the moonlit night.

Well, you can change the world not by just rule, but by words, by heart, by sword and fire, by speech,and by Love and of God, we all can change the world, but to change the world, we must change ourselves milady.
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Are you sure you're only 17? :P

I love those moonlit nights, under the stars, feeling the wind. It stirs my soul.
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:Are you sure you're only 17? :P

I love those moonlit nights, under the stars, feeling the wind. It stirs my soul.
I swear upon my oath and on my life, milady, do you doubt me?

Ahh yes, such beauty they are, that feeling of the wind caressing your face, makes me shudder thinking about it, while the night shines due to the billions of stars the light above, such beautiful things that tortures me.
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

No, I don't doubt you, it's just you seem to be incredibly wise for someone so young.
You have the soul of a poet, my friend. Have you read anything by Kahil Gibran?

So do you live with your family? Any pets?

Sorry, I am incredibly nosey, I mean curious :mrgreen:

You are a fresh breeze, gentle, cool and stirring y>:D<