Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RickD »

TheLogos wrote:Hello everyone!

I am a born again, non-denominal, YEC, Christian from the UK. I love to discuss science and religion and also to preach the good news so that's why I am here. I was brought up by 2 unitarians who both had limited faith/beliefs. I came to Christ and was born again at the age of 21 and was a deist for nearly all my life before that. I mainly use presuppositional apologetics when debating "atheists" and evidential ones when talking with other (heretical) "Christians" and people of different faiths. I hope for some good, friendly discussion on this forum and for some souls to be saved.

God bless!!!!!
Welcome to the forum TL! :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

TheLogos wrote:Hello everyone!

I am a born again, non-denominal, YEC, Christian from the UK. I love to discuss science and religion and also to preach the good news so that's why I am here. I was brought up by 2 unitarians who both had limited faith/beliefs. I came to Christ and was born again at the age of 21 and was a deist for nearly all my life before that. I mainly use presuppositional apologetics when debating "atheists" and evidential ones when talking with other (heretical) "Christians" and people of different faiths. I hope for some good, friendly discussion on this forum and for some souls to be saved.

God bless!!!!!
Welcome!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome and blessings.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

hey

well it was a toss up between balaams donkey or davidstones but i didnt want too make an ass of myself :-P i know...i know.....bad joke and im not even past the first sentence yet :esurprised:

I live in New Zealand and I am a Christian.

But i cant really articulate why. Not really. I never knew you were really meant to have a reason why you believed what you did....its just a faith thing right? Well i guess not so much. At least it shouldnt be a blind faith.

Someone challenged me by asking me why i believed what i did and i was lost for words..which has started me on the road to apologetics.

Its a lonely and hard road. My knowledge of science is pretty bad.... never paid much attention in class so it makes it extra hard. I do want to learn though. I listen to christian atheist debates which help somewhat.
Last edited by Nessa on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum Nessa. Glad you could join us. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Glad to have you, Nessa!

What part of New Zealand - north of south island? My nephew lives not far from Auckland. Beautiful place! Welcome!
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Hi Nessa, welcome to the forums :)

If you are new to apologetics, go read this if you haven't already. As in, right now.

Seriously. Just close this post with that little red X in the top right corner AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK silly.

Okay! Welcome back! I know you feel much more enlightened. That is what got me started (and I'm sure several other of us, too) many moons ago. And besides, Lewis was Church of England, which is most of NZ Christians, I think, right? See, I'm trying to be culturally sensitive (FL isn't reading this, is he?!?!)

If it isn't obvious, I enjoy a terrible joke. The book recommendation was not a terrible joke. That was very serious. The rest of this rambling nonsense is, well, just rambling nonsense!

God bless you in your journey to study and show thyself approved! :D
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Glad to have you, Nessa!

What part of New Zealand - north of south island? My nephew lives not far from Auckland. Beautiful place! Welcome!
I live several hours drive from Auckland in the Hawkesbay area... it's in the north island still though.

Never been out of the country so I just have to have faith that all these other countries DO exist ;-)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Hey thanks for the book recommenation..I have gotten that one out of the library before but don't think i finished it (I tend to do that ALOT)

Will go over it again...

I use to go to this forum and they had a place called "the lions den" though one would think that the whole site was rather just that.

It was an ex Christian site.. not sure why I went.. part curious.. part wanting to understand.. part wanting to evangelize... big mistake...
thats when this all started... the challenge.. and the searching for truth.....I felt God urge me to leave and don't look back... (I'm not that fond of salt...)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

by the way Jac... would be interested to know more bout your view on a young earth... or maybe you have it already in another thread?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Hey Nessa

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you find it's a great place.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

1over137 wrote:
me too :mrgreen:

The people seem friendly enough :D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
1over137 wrote:
me too :mrgreen:

The people seem friendly enough :D
:lol: that's what everyone says, at first. :twisted:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

ive got my bullet proof vest on just incase... ;-)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

:lol: that's what everyone says, at first. :twisted:
maybe i should have kept the fact im a kiwi a secret ;) we all know how the aussies like to treat us :shakehead: