Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DivineRageFromSpace
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by DivineRageFromSpace »

Hello all! :wave:

After stalking this forum for a few days and finding some intelligent and thorough discussions throughout, I decided to sign myself up. I consider myself Christian, but there are certain parts of Christianity that are difficult to come to terms with -- especially considering that most of the other Christians I know personally are not very useful counselors, discouraging religious debates and reciting pithy responses such as: "Just obey the Bible." This forum seems to be willing to have a more open discussion of faith than that, and I look forward to joining said discussion. C:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome DRFS! :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

DivineRageFromSpace wrote:Hello all! :wave:

After stalking this forum for a few days and finding some intelligent and thorough discussions throughout, I decided to sign myself up. I consider myself Christian, but there are certain parts of Christianity that are difficult to come to terms with -- especially considering that most of the other Christians I know personally are not very useful counselors, discouraging religious debates and reciting pithy responses such as: "Just obey the Bible." This forum seems to be willing to have a more open discussion of faith than that, and I look forward to joining said discussion. C:

Welcome!
Beanybag
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Beanybag »

Hi there. I'll preface this with the warning that I am an atheist but I come bearing no ill will or intent to persuade any of you to atheism, honest! I was looking for a forum with more intellectual theists and craving philosophical discussion. I just want to get a different perspective on things and it is largely difficult to find theists willing to discuss things openly and honestly in an environment that tends to be hostile towards theists. I hope we can get along! I promise not to be judgmental so long as I am afforded the same privilege. :]

With that aside, I'll introduce some things about myself. I'm 21, in college, studying computer science. I am extremely progressive politically and extremely skeptical and conservative philosophically. I plan on working for a few years to get some work experience, pay off some debts and then head back to school to get a masters and hopefully, eventually a doctorate in philosophy. I am very open to discussions and simply want, like others, to find some truth and meaning to this world. I think that, despite many different beliefs, we're not so different at heart.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the site, Beanybag. :wave:
May I ask how you found this site?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Beanybag
Valued Member

Post by Beanybag »

RickD wrote:Welcome to the site, Beanybag. :wave:
May I ask how you found this site?
I can tell you exactly how I found it, it's a little funny. I was feeling frustrated at the overwhelmingly atheist population on the internet after looking at some article on Time (which apparently has a liberal fanbase, but many of the comments were very anti-theist as well, which surprised me) and I googled this phrase: why is the internet so atheist. Voila, the first result was a thread on this forum here. I did a little lurking and thought I would contribute!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Cool.
If you get some time, you might want to check out the Home Site, if you haven't already. Most of the answers, to the questions that newcomers to the site have, can be found there.

-Edward R Murrow

Beanybag
Valued Member

Post by Beanybag »

RickD wrote:Cool.
If you get some time, you might want to check out the Home Site, if you haven't already. Most of the answers, to the questions that newcomers to the site have, can be found there.
Can you provide me with a URL? I'm not sure I know where you are referring to. Thanks. :]
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Beanybag wrote:
RickD wrote:Cool.
Can you provide me with a URL? I'm not sure I know where you are referring to. Thanks. :]
When you're signed in, at the top of the page, it says, "Home site". Just click on that. Or, here:http://www.godandscience.org/

-Edward R Murrow

Reason
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Reason »

Hi. Many of the people I'm around much of the time, including most of my family is Christian(or Catholic). Seeing as such, it seems like the right idea to try to make peace with Christian beliefs. I'd like to see Christianity as a possibility, so I'll be posing some questions to see what forumers here have in mind.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

When I saw the username "Reason", a weird feeling told me that the user was not Christian. I can't believe I guessed right! :pound:

Just kidding, welcome to the forum. :D
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Might be a little late, as this isn't exactly my first post here :ebiggrin: but regardless...

I've considered myself a Christian since my Freshman year in high school. After that, I began a search for enlightenment in understanding the scripture and historical/scientific evidence behind it. I've been interested in philosophy and mortality for some time now. I'm hoping my time here will prove to be fruitful! :D
sky
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by sky »

I am new to this board but not a stranger to religious forums.
I am checking this one out.

sky
Last edited by sky on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

sky wrote:I am new to this board but not a stranger to religious forums.
I am checking this one out. I started a new topic. Now I have
to wait until it is approved by a moderator! Pesonally I don't
like the idea of being moderated by a fellow human being.
In things religious I believe that this work should be left
to the Holy Spirit.

What do you think?

sky
Hi sky! This is the Holy Spirit, speaking through RickD's moderator posts. You are approved! :pound:

Welcome to the site!

-Edward R Murrow

sky
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by sky »

hey RickD, so you are the Holy Spirit eh? :)
ooooooookay :)

sky :)
Last edited by sky on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.