Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1201

Post by Danieltwotwenty » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Welcome.

Peace and blessings.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

educationreigns
Acquainted Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1202

Post by educationreigns » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Hello,
I am a questioner of organized faith and feel that god can be found from within. I know in my heart that god would not let me burn in eternal hell fire because I don't believe everything the bible says. It is not logical that you need this book. What about cave men and people that live on islands? Did they go to hell ? I don't really believe in the christian system of heaven and hell. I don't expect to go up into the clouds after I die (or to burn in hell for that matter). I try to be a good person just because it is the right thing to do, not because I'm promised eternal life in heaven. God would not be so cruel to as make me believe something that was written thousands of years ago and translated thousands of times. I love the nice verses, like about being honest and loving. But then, all these verses that sound like this: Colossians 3:18 *

18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Timothy 2:9 - 15*

9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Please don't make fun of my name because the reason I chose it is because I feel I did not receive a fair education going to California schools, and had to make up for it in college. And I think that children need quality education. I'm not saying "I'm smarter than you." I'm just saying knowledge in the most important thing you can give/have.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1203

Post by Danieltwotwenty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, it seems that you have started on the wrong footing and I hope Christ's love will show you that the people here are not attacking or mocking you.
If you feel that this is what they are doing, I am 100% certain that it was not intentional.
Please take the time to read through all the literature on the main site that pertains to your contentions, take time to absorb what is being said and pray and ask God for guidance.

I do agree with you that all we need is God.


Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1204

Post by B. W. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:29 pm

educationreigns wrote:Hello,
I am a questioner of organized faith and feel that god can be found from within. I know in my heart that god would not let me burn in eternal hell fire because I don't believe everything the bible says. It is not logical that you need this book. What about cave men and people that live on islands? Did they go to hell ? I don't really believe in the christian system of heaven and hell. I don't expect to go up into the clouds after I die (or to burn in hell for that matter). I try to be a good person just because it is the right thing to do, not because I'm promised eternal life in heaven. God would not be so cruel to as make me believe something that was written thousands of years ago and translated thousands of times. I love the nice verses, like about being honest and loving. But then, all these verses that sound like this: Colossians 3:18 *

18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Timothy 2:9 - 15*

9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Please don't make fun of my name because the reason I chose it is because I feel I did not receive a fair education going to California schools, and had to make up for it in college. And I think that children need quality education. I'm not saying "I'm smarter than you." I'm just saying knowledge in the most important thing you can give/have.
Okay Educationreigns,

Are you from a George Soros organization? Reason why I ask, is that they have collaborated with various leftist writers, blogsters, etc, and have begun an attack on Christian websites. The reason for this attack is the current issue that the Obama Administration imposition on the Constitutional rights granted by the USA Constitution, First Amendment clause demanding that religious organization provide birth control pills – contraceptives – free, by using the moral argument of a woman’s right to choose issue to build a legal structure; which, later can be exploited in a way that allows Government to dictate what is acceptable for churches teach. The goal is for churches to become spokesman for a George Soros type of ideology. The goal is to destroy churches (specifically Christianity) through use of ridicule and a constant barrage of attacks designed to question people’s faith done with subterfuge and moral equivalency arguments.

The form of these constant attacks, takes the appearances of woman rights issues, sex issues, and express that love means unbridled tolerance. The mode of operation is to pose as seekers on Christian forum or website and dig up scriptures pertaining to these issues – posing moral arguments of rights, and fairness, etc – much of what and in the same format as you have posed so far on the Evidence for God from Science website. Same tactics the left uses, you are using.

So are you one of those moles? If so, that is okay, maybe the actual gospel message will penetrate your heart and you’ll become born again. So welcome to the board. Even if you are not such a mole, forgive me, but I do retain my doubts…

PS the US Constitution first Amendment right was to protect the Church from Government intrusion and control. If the left is successful in their attack on this amendment, fully watch how they built a structure from that will later be used to control church doctrine and the very conscience of Christians. The greatest threat to the Left is Christianity that is not controlled by government populist ideology.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1205

Post by Bradigans » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello everybody, Don't really have much to say right now... Not certain if I had formally introduced myself here yet.. Just trying to find my place in this body.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1206

Post by Danieltwotwenty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 am

Bradigans wrote:Hello everybody, Don't really have much to say right now... Not certain if I had formally introduced myself here yet.. Just trying to find my place in this body.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here. y@};-


Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1207

Post by Bradigans » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 am

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Bradigans wrote:Hello everybody, Don't really have much to say right now... Not certain if I had formally introduced myself here yet.. Just trying to find my place in this body.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here. y@};-


Dan
Thanks.. And God bless.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1208

Post by Bradigans » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 am

Danieltwotwenty I forgot to comment on the rose (Song of Solomon 2:1)... It's beautiful.. Thanks.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1209

Post by Bradigans » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 pm

educationreigns wrote:Hello,
I am a questioner of organized faith and feel that god can be found from within. I know in my heart that god would not let me burn in eternal hell fire because I don't believe everything the bible says. It is not logical that you need this book. What about cave men and people that live on islands? Did they go to hell ? I don't really believe in the christian system of heaven and hell. I don't expect to go up into the clouds after I die (or to burn in hell for that matter). I try to be a good person just because it is the right thing to do, not because I'm promised eternal life in heaven. God would not be so cruel to as make me believe something that was written thousands of years ago and translated thousands of times. I love the nice verses, like about being honest and loving. But then, all these verses that sound like this: Colossians 3:18 *

18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Timothy 2:9 - 15*

9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Please don't make fun of my name because the reason I chose it is because I feel I did not receive a fair education going to California schools, and had to make up for it in college. And I think that children need quality education. I'm not saying "I'm smarter than you." I'm just saying knowledge in the most important thing you can give/have.
Not trying to attack you but, you simply sound natural minded...

- 1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Do you believe in a rebirth (John 3:3, John 3:6)???

--- IN CHRIST ---

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1210

Post by Danieltwotwenty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Bradigans wrote:Danieltwotwenty I forgot to comment on the rose (Song of Solomon 2:1)... It's beautiful.. Thanks.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Nice I like it, so much beauty within the bible.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1211

Post by Bradigans » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Bradigans wrote:Danieltwotwenty I forgot to comment on the rose (Song of Solomon 2:1)... It's beautiful.. Thanks.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford

Nice I like it, so much beauty within the bible.
Amen.. Alleluia!

BibleVerses
Newbie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1212

Post by BibleVerses » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Greetings.

Really enjoy the site and forum.

I phileo apologetical studies.

BibleVerses :wave:

User avatar
KBCid
Senior Member
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1213

Post by KBCid » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking to join in discussions of biblical understanding with others here as it seems like a decent enough online board. I have been studying science and the religions of the world for over 30 years and I think now is a good time to test my understandings and see how others understand many of the things they do. I classify myself as a weak agnostic Simply because it best describes my position as of this moment;

Weak agnosticism
The view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable; therefore, one will withhold judgment until/if any evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybe one day, when there is evidence, we can find something out."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticis ... gnosticism

I am surely convinced of intelligent design. Strangely that position is not one of the options to choose upon registration so I had to simply leave it as it was. I am fairly well read on most subjects I see in these forums and I have no axe to grind so give and take are easy objectives for me. I have found a few quotes I think will give some insight into how I think for those who may at some point have questions along that line;

“The universe must be law-abiding, and if Christ suspended law it would be a criticism of his Father as one whose laws were inadequate for certain possible situations which might arise. “We say,” said St. Augustine profoundly, “that all portents (=miracles) are contrary to nature, but they are not so. For how is that contrary to nature which happens by the will of God, since the will of so mighty a Creator is certainly the nature of each created thing?”” (106) (Augustine: The City of God. 21:8)

“Let us never imagine that faith can ever be furthered by suppressing doubt, let alone by suppressing evidence. All truth is one, and religion must be as eager as science to know the truth as far as man can perceive it. If something we have treasured as truth is really contradicted by unanswerable evidence, then in the name of the God of truth we must part with it however venerable it may be. Let us never suppose that we can take over faith from our parents without examination, or believe anything merely because another says it is true. But let us not be content with a static agnosticism which never rouses itself to make inquiry. Let us examine the evidence and then in complete loyalty to its trend make a leap both of intellect and will, and, committing ourselves, acting as if all were established, try out in life the faith that carries us on wings after the hard road of fact and reason stops.”
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Christ ... n_Agnostic

KBCid

Bradigans
Recognized Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1214

Post by Bradigans » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 am

Nice to meet you KBCid...
“Let us never imagine that faith can ever be furthered by suppressing doubt, let alone by suppressing evidence. All truth is one, and religion must be as eager as science to know the truth as far as man can perceive it. If something we have treasured as truth is really contradicted by unanswerable evidence, then in the name of the God of truth we must part with it however venerable it may be. Let us never suppose that we can take over faith from our parents without examination, or believe anything merely because another says it is true. But let us not be content with a static agnosticism which never rouses itself to make inquiry. Let us examine the evidence and then in complete loyalty to its trend make a leap both of intellect and will, and, committing ourselves, acting as if all were established, try out in life the faith that carries us on wings after the hard road of fact and reason stops.”
Amen...

- 2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

--- IN CHRIST ---

bradford

User avatar
zoegirl
Old School
Posts: 3927
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:59 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: east coast
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

#1215

Post by zoegirl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 am

KBCid wrote:Hi everyone,

I am looking to join in discussions of biblical understanding with others here as it seems like a decent enough online board. I have been studying science and the religions of the world for over 30 years and I think now is a good time to test my understandings and see how others understand many of the things they do. I classify myself as a weak agnostic Simply because it best describes my position as of this moment;

Weak agnosticism
The view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable; therefore, one will withhold judgment until/if any evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybe one day, when there is evidence, we can find something out."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticis ... gnosticism

I am surely convinced of intelligent design. Strangely that position is not one of the options to choose upon registration so I had to simply leave it as it was. I am fairly well read on most subjects I see in these forums and I have no axe to grind so give and take are easy objectives for me. I have found a few quotes I think will give some insight into how I think for those who may at some point have questions along that line;

“The universe must be law-abiding, and if Christ suspended law it would be a criticism of his Father as one whose laws were inadequate for certain possible situations which might arise. “We say,” said St. Augustine profoundly, “that all portents (=miracles) are contrary to nature, but they are not so. For how is that contrary to nature which happens by the will of God, since the will of so mighty a Creator is certainly the nature of each created thing?”” (106) (Augustine: The City of God. 21:8)

“Let us never imagine that faith can ever be furthered by suppressing doubt, let alone by suppressing evidence. All truth is one, and religion must be as eager as science to know the truth as far as man can perceive it. If something we have treasured as truth is really contradicted by unanswerable evidence, then in the name of the God of truth we must part with it however venerable it may be. Let us never suppose that we can take over faith from our parents without examination, or believe anything merely because another says it is true. But let us not be content with a static agnosticism which never rouses itself to make inquiry. Let us examine the evidence and then in complete loyalty to its trend make a leap both of intellect and will, and, committing ourselves, acting as if all were established, try out in life the faith that carries us on wings after the hard road of fact and reason stops.”
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Christ ... n_Agnostic

KBCid
welcome!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"

Post Reply