Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

Hi my name is Katsuya. Some of my friends like to call me Chicken Katsu after the food!

Anyway, I live in the United States and I was born in the least religious state to a religious mother who later abandoned me. I am here to hopefully learn more about the bible from a Christian point of view. My husband is an Atheist and we read the bible together sometimes. Our interpretation is different sometimes but not all. For instance... anytime someone is killed in the Bible ( and this happens a lot) I find myself incredibly sad as an individual that believes that life is precious. My husband is the same way.

I am Buddhist but I hope you will all welcome me here as someone who wishes to learn more about your culture so as to understand more about well, everything in the United States.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re:

Post by Murray »

Anonymous wrote:Hello everyone. This seems like a cool forum and I look forward to interacting with the thoughtful people here.

I'm 31, but believe it or not, I've only just now starting reading the Holy Bible. I always knew I'd have to eventually, but I seemed to keep putting it off. Some recent research I did led me to the Good Book and I've become quite rapt by it.

Ever since I was young, I've been interested in eschatology. Perhaps I knew intuitively that I had been born into them or perhaps it was a result of growing up during the Cold War or a little of both. Regardless, it has always been my prime fascination and I am finally starting to seriously look to the Bible for some answers.

Thanks for welcoming me!

Im sure you will find this site to be full of a variety of opinions to help you answer a variety of questions with a touch of christian love and virtue
I hope you enjoy it :ebiggrin:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

Hello!

My name is Rob. I am 24 years old, a father, and an aspiring musician with a band.
I currently live in Des Moines, Iowa but grew up about 30 miles to the southwest near a small town by the name of Earlham. I spent most of my young life in Earlham and Winterset. You may recall the movie 'The Bridges of Madison County.' That's where I grew up. Hilariously enough, I've never seen the movie. :lol:

I've been a Christian since I was 3 years old, but I never realized the deeply personal sacrifice of Christ until two years ago despite having grown up in a pretty good church. Although it's taught that "Jesus died for you" all the time, I think most people view it as more of a corporate sacrifice.

Once I realized that Christ died for me individually, it hit me with the force of a freight train and brought my faith to another dimension entirely.
I've been a long time visitor to this site and send people here often, but only just now decided to join the forum. I think I registered a while ago, but never made a single post so I assume my account was removed for inactivity. In any case, it's a real pleasure to meet you all.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome (again) to site Rob. Glad you decided to join us. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Welcome to the site Rob. Hope you enjoy what you find here.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Welcome, Rob! :wave:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

hi rob!!! :wave:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I guess I'll join in here too... Welcome Rob. ;)

You have made a wish choice.. Only under God do we have true equality, peace, and happiness. For all and our individual lives...

Blessings :)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome, Rob.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
joe77n
Newbie Member

Post by joe77n »

Hello
My name is Joey, i live in Cairo,Egypt. I've been lurking on the forums for about 2 weeks and i decided to join because i have lots of questions and this might be the friendliest and most thoughtful in response christian forum i've ever seen, i also hope that i'll be helpful around here too.

pleasure to meet you all.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

joe77n wrote:Hello
My name is Joey, i live in Cairo,Egypt. I've been lurking on the forums for about 2 weeks and i decided to join because i have lots of questions and this might be the friendliest and most thoughtful in response christian forum i've ever seen, i also hope that i'll be helpful around here too.

pleasure to meet you all.
Hi Joey.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Hello joey, hope you enjoy it here, we're one big happy family :mrgreen:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:Hello joey, hope you enjoy it here, we're one big happy family :mrgreen:
And, Murray is the little brother that the rest of the family beats up on. :boxing: :poke:

-Edward R Murrow

SaidHarbieh
Newbie Member

Post by SaidHarbieh »

Hello im Said Harbieh, a lebanese catholic maronite, its nice to see so much people band together for one greater cause, no matter the denomination :D God bless you all
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

SaidHarbieh wrote:Hello im Said Harbieh, a lebanese catholic maronite, its nice to see so much people band together for one greater cause, no matter the denomination :D God bless you all
Welcome!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys