No jab no job in Australia

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

No jab no job in Australia

Post by Nessa »

It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed? :shock:
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: No jab no job in Australia

Post by Philip »

Nessa: It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed?
What, Ness - ya thinking about giving up your Kiwiship? y:-?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:01 pm
Nessa: It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed?
What, Ness - ya thinking about giving up your Kiwiship? y:-?
Not quite... Wondering if it will happen here and how our fellow aussie posters are handling it
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Is there a new spike in infections there?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

here in Slovakia we are in the middle of a third wave. Worst situation now. Worse than second wave. And now if you want to go to work and are not being vaccinated, you have to have negative PCR test, twice a week.
Things are getting worse, so soon we will see new measures.

Hey folks,
take all care.
Love,
1over137
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stay safe, Hana!!!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I hear Africa is the place to be now... Holiday anyone? :lol:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nessa: I hear Africa is the place to be now...
Definitely not S. Africa - my wife is a programmer and she works with S. Africans every day. They often don't have power, certain times of the day. It is a very stressful place to live and work in.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm
Nessa: I hear Africa is the place to be now...
Definitely not S. Africa - my wife is a programmer and she works with S. Africans every day. They often don't have power, certain times of the day. It is a very stressful place to live and work in.
Yes, when a certain amount of stations go down or there is a a fair amount of maintenance to be done there are usually controlled blackouts. Not fun. Businesses suffer.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu, has it been safe where you live - I know there was a lot of trouble there recently?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:03 pm Stu, has it been safe where you live - I know there was a lot of trouble there recently?
If you're talking about the looting/riots, yeah we were fine. It was mainly more up north in Kwazulu Natal and a little in Gauteng. The government just had no plan to react at all. Useless. They let it run for like 2 weeks and then only put the army and police in strategic places but by then many of the malls had been looted. It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Unfortunately, it sounds far too familiar to some of stuff that has gone on here, in the Pacific NW, Chicago, NYC, etc., over the last 18 months or so. Every civilized society should have zero tolerance for such, and should deal severely with those who commit such crimes. And it's why people are determined to arm themselves - as when you or your home are under siege and the police aren't immediately available, then one MUST defend themself, their family, home, business, etc. I live in a good area with very little residential crime - and yet every house on my street has defensive weapons - which is why so few would be crazy enough to invade a private residence, cause it would be suicide!

Glad you and your family were safe from the madness, Stu!
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 pm
Stu: It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Unfortunately, it sounds far too familiar to some of stuff that has gone on here, in the Pacific NW, Chicago, NYC, etc., over the last 18 months or so. Every civilized society should have zero tolerance for such, and should deal severely with those who commit such crimes. And it's why people are determined to arm themselves - as when you or your home are under siege and the police aren't immediately available, then one MUST defend themself, their family, home, business, etc. I live in a good area with very little residential crime - and yet every house on my street has defensive weapons - which is why so few would be crazy enough to invade a private residence, cause it would be suicide!

Glad you and your family were safe from the madness, Stu!
Thanks man.

Yeah unfortunately our useless police minister wants to remove Self Defence as a reason for owning a gun in South Africa. Can you believe it, one, if not the, most violent and dangerous (non-war) countries in the world and they want to remove guns from law abiding citizens.

Police stations are held up and robbed of guns and ammo (yes, really), women being raped is so common it doesn't even make the news, so many murders and now kidnapping (2000 in 2 months) is raising it's head in SA, trust me kidnapping is going to explode here when the criminals see easy money. But I suspect there are going to be a lot of boating accidents if they ever try and take away guns for self defence.