The shack and 'lies' we believe about God

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

The shack and 'lies' we believe about God

Post by Nessa »

Well, well, well....

Like Rob Bell, William Paul Young skirted around universalism.... And now he's finally admitting it...it's a Oprah Winfrey moment.. 'You're saved, you're saved... Everybody's saved!'

Apparently sin doesn't seperate us from God....yep, try telling that to the guy who steadied the ark. God is holy....
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The shack and 'lies' we believe about God

Post by Stu »

Nessa wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:33 am Well, well, well....

Like Rob Bell, William Paul Young skirted around universalism.... And now he's finally admitting it...it's a Oprah Winfrey moment.. 'You're saved, you're saved... Everybody's saved!'

Apparently sin doesn't seperate us from God....yep, try telling that to the guy who steadied the ark. God is holy....
I read The Shack when I wasn't a very strong Christian, but it still didn't sit well with me, just an uneasy feeling, rather than a big reaction.

Looking back, I still have it on my shelf, it is a shocker to be honest, it tugs at the heart strings and brings about huge emotion but at it's core it is non-Biblical. It does not represent true Christianity.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The shack and 'lies' we believe about God

Post by Philip »

Nessa: Like Rob Bell, William Paul Young skirted around universalism.... And now he's finally admitting it...it's a Oprah Winfrey moment.. 'You're saved, you're saved... Everybody's saved
Yep, the Oprah religion is all about feeding your own narcissism while going about espousing some feel-good nonsense and beliefs, that sucks people in, just as Stu says, "tugs at the heart strings and brings about huge emotion but at it's core it is non-Biblical. It does not represent true Christianity." When people are yearning for something and know that something spiritual is missing in their lives, they're still easily deceived - usually because they only want what they think will make them happy in the moment and that doesn't require any change in their heart, mind, commitment, or actions (as in truly turning to the Lord).