God and Science

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
SilasCole
Newbie Member
Christian: No

God and Science

Post by SilasCole »

I think many who uphold science forget first that science is extremely fickle and in constant flux. seriously, a published article written five years ago may be 'dated' information now, ten years maybe on the general track, 20 years, it's backwards or embarrassing 50 or more, the information is laughable or absurd. Look at a science book from the renaissance and compare the information with what we have today.

Second, the notion of science is purely objective field is a recent development, probably less than 400 yrs in practice, which is very short time in terms of world history. Even in 1687 Harvard university was still teaching Aristotle's work in physics, Ptolemy in astronomy, and Galen in medicine and likely continued well into the 1770s when fluency in Greek and Latin were the mark of an educated person.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God and Science

Post by Philip »

Silas, welcome to the forum!

Not sure what your point is? The scientific METHOD is not fickle - it is consistent. But cannot the findings of scientific research and understandings, over time, definitely reveal that theories once held to not be validated by subsequent data? Of course. But there ARE limits to what science is capable of showing us - because its tools are unable to examine beyond the physical / observable.
SilasCole
Newbie Member

Post by SilasCole »

SilasCole wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 am I think many who uphold science forget first that science is extremely fickle and in constant flux. seriously, a published article written five years ago may be 'dated' information now, ten years maybe on the general track, 20 years, it's backwards or embarrassing 50 or more, the information is laughable or absurd. Look at a science book from the renaissance and appvalley tutuapp tweakbox compare the information with what we have today.

Second, the notion of science is purely objective field is a recent development, probably less than 400 yrs in practice, which is very short time in terms of world history. Even in 1687 Harvard university was still teaching Aristotle's work in physics, Ptolemy in astronomy, and Galen in medicine and likely continued well into the 1770s when fluency in Greek and Latin were the mark of an educated person.

it's backwards or embarrassing 50 or more, thankyou !
pladium
Newbie Member

Post by pladium »

SilasCole wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 am I think many who uphold science forget first that science is extremely fickle and in constant flux. seriously, a published article written five years ago may be 'dated' information now, ten years maybe on the general track, 20 years, it's backwards or embarrassing 50 or more, the information is laughable or absurd. Look at a science book from the renaissance and compare the information with what we have today.

Science is a rational human explanation for the world apart from God.

God created the universe and gave humans the intelligence to understand the universe- therefore creating the study of science.
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Post by Challenger007 »

Philip wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:00 am Silas, welcome to the forum!

Not sure what your point is? The scientific METHOD is not fickle - it is consistent. But do the findings of scientific research and understandings, over time, can definitely reveal that theories once held to not be validated by subsequent data? Of course. And there ARE limits to what science is capable of showing us - because it's tools are unable to examine beyond the physical / observable.
As for me, science is limited by technical possibilities, while religion is limited by medieval stereotypes and obsolete rules. Not so long ago, we had no idea at all that there could be a wireless connection, but today each of us has a smartphone. Not so long ago, only learned men could observe celestial bodies, and today anyone can buy a telescope and do astronomy for their own pleasure. I am no exception, when I was reading this article, I decided to buy my own home telescope, which you can take with you outside the city. So, everyone can be his own scientist. Science is limitless.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

From the same paragraph:
Challenger: As for me, science is limited by technical possibilities...
Challenger: Science is limitless.
I'm confused - so, which is it? :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 am From the same paragraph:
Neither. He just wants you to click on the link in his post. He does this from time to time with his posts.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Post by Challenger007 »

Science is developing very quickly, expanding opportunities. I meant that the existing restrictions are only temporary. Could we send satellites to Mars 20 years ago? And now it is already possible for us. And in 10 years the possibilities will be even greater. The development of science expands the boundaries of knowledge. That is, the existing boundaries are temporary, but where are the permanent boundaries that no one can overcome? I will not name them, because more and more incredible things are becoming everyday.
pladium
Newbie Member

Post by pladium »

RickD wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am
Neither. He just wants you to click on the whatsapp plus apk link in his post. He does this from time to time with his posts.
Yes I think you are absolutely right about this.
Godyato
Newbie Member

Post by Godyato »

Well, God and Science, nice question.
As I know from my studies, the beginning of the 20th century proved that there is no God, as some commentators now claim? Science is an amazing, wonderful undertaking: it teaches us about life, the world, and the universe. But it has not revealed to us why the universe came into existence nor what preceded its birth in the Big Bang. Biological evolution has not brought us the slightest understanding of how the first living organisms emerged from inanimate matter on this planet and how the advanced eukaryotic cells—the highly structured building blocks of advanced life forms—ever emerged from simpler organisms. Neither does it explain one of the greatest mysteries of science: how did consciousness arise in living things? Well, someday we sure gonna find out the truth. Although thanks for this amazing forum. I wish, an app is released for all such information about science and god.
Smith21
BANNED

Post by Smith21 »

Godyato wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:54 am Well, God and Science, nice question.
As I know from my studies, the beginning of the 20th century proved that there is no God, as some commentators now claim? Science is an amazing, wonderful undertaking: it teaches us about life, the world, and the universe. But it has not revealed to us why the universe came into existence nor what preceded its birth in the Big Bang. Biological evolution has not brought us the slightest understanding of how the first living organisms emerged from inanimate matter on this planet and how the advanced eukaryotic cells—the highly structured building blocks of advanced life forms—ever emerged from simpler organisms. Neither does it explain one of the greatest mysteries of science: how did consciousness arise in living things? Well, someday we sure gonna find out the truth. Although thanks for this amazing forum. I wish, an app is released for all such information about science and god.
You explain it very nicely and now a days science has play a very vital role in human lives.. It innovate many things which makes things easier.
Smith21
BANNED

Post by Smith21 »

No doubt, science plays a very important role in human lives because its introduce many machines which reduce the human resource and decrease the time also and increase the productivity.. On the other hand GOD Who makes this universe.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Godyato wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:54 am Well, God and Science, nice question.
I wonder why someone would take the time to join a forum and make a long post, just to put a link to an app he’s promoting.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Smith21: No doubt, science plays a very important role in human lives because its introduce many machines which reduce the human resource and decrease the time also and increase the productivity.. On the other hand GOD Who makes this universe.
Smith, I see your info reveals you to not be a Christian - and yet you refer to "GOD" - so, WHO, exactly, do you believe god to be?
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Post by Challenger007 »

Smith21 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:15 am No doubt, science plays a very important role in human lives because its introduce many machines which reduce the human resource and decrease the time also and increase the productivity.. On the other hand GOD Who makes this universe.
Of course, there is a metaphysical force that keeps the basic laws of existence in balance. It doesn't matter what you call it: God, Allah, Energy. If it's easier for you to personalize, this is not a mistake.