Churches open 24 hours ?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Churches open 24 hours ?

Post by Blessed »

I need a church near me open 24 hours and can't find one.

Does anyone know where to find one? I noticed on some of my favorite movies churches are open 24/7.

I read "crime" as a reason for churches being locked at night. Which leads me to wonder if churches could get key cards.

I would like to go to church when it suits me. I like the idea of going at night and praying. I don't want to wake up early in the morning.

Does anyone know of any churches directories they can point me in the correct direction? Thank you.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Churches open 24 hours ?

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:09 am I need a church near me open 24 hours and can't find one.

Does anyone know where to find one? I noticed on some of my favorite movies churches are open 24/7.

I read "crime" as a reason for churches being locked at night. Which leads me to wonder if churches could get key cards.

I would like to go to church when it suits me. I like the idea of going at night and praying. I don't want to wake up early in the morning.

Does anyone know of any churches directories they can point me in the correct direction? Thank you.
God sleeps at night. Pray in the morning.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

I can't. I have to work during the week and I'm not a morning person. That's putting it mildly. These churches are not adapting to the market. I don't understand why I must get up at the crack of the rooster to huddle into church barely awake.

I need a church that is open 24/7 and cannot find it anywhere. Do you know of a website or something? Find a church dot com .. or something like this ?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed: I need a church that is open 24/7 and cannot find it anywhere. Do you know of a website or something? Find a church dot com .. or something like this ?
I don't understand why you think you need a church to pray in? Because there is nothing special about a building - one can pray just as effectively and God will hear just as well in an outhouse! What makes a church a CHURCH is that it is a community of believers that God teaches by giving each believer different gifts and insights, as well as the power of good works that can be done by a collective number of people as opposed to just oneself.

Plus, Lone Ranger Christianity simply isn't Biblical, and one is shortchanging themselves in many spiritual and other ways by practicing it! And I'm "Exhibit A" for once being a "lone ranger" who finally realized this after seeking church fellowship - which took some time to find a good fit (but I kept going until I found it). People use all kinds of excuses to not seek out church: They got hurt by jerks in some church, or had a bad experience in one with bad teaching or leadership, etc. They need to man up and GET OVER IT!!! As all churches are not like this, but it takes some effort (getting off your duff and leaving your home) to find a place you feel comfortable with (and do your search prayerfully).

BTW, that church I speak of - it's ANYWHERE people regularly gather to honor, worship the Lord and study His Word. And that might be a simple house church of just a few people, or outside by a lake or wherever.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

We went to Ohura... A tiny old town in NZ that is almost nothing now. But they had a church they never locked.

It was such a small congregation and those there were almost all related. And since it was the only Church, no competition.

Thought that was pretty amazing. Had a creepy old town feel but very intriguing.

Of course, flying to NZ to be able to pray in a Church 24/7, maybe a bit excessive :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

And no, it wasn't a Mormon church...
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:59 am
Blessed: I need a church that is open 24/7 and cannot find it anywhere. Do you know of a website or something? Find a church dot com .. or something like this ?
I don't understand why you think you need a church to pray in? Because there is nothing special about a building - one can pray just as effectively and God will hear just as well in an outhouse! What makes a church a CHURCH is that it is a community of believers that God teaches by giving each believer different gifts and insights, as well as the power of good works that can be done by a collective number of people as opposed to just oneself.

Plus, Lone Ranger Christianity simply isn't Biblical, and one is shortchanging themselves in many spiritual and other ways by practicing it! And I'm "Exhibit A" for once being a "lone ranger" who finally realized this after seeking church fellowship - which took some time to find a good fit (but I kept going until I found it). People use all kinds of excuses to not seek out church: They got hurt by jerks in some church, or had a bad experience in one with bad teaching or leadership, etc. They need to man up and GET OVER IT!!! As all churches are not like this, but it takes some effort (getting off your duff and leaving your home) to find a place you feel comfortable with (and do your search prayerfully).

BTW, that church I speak of - it's ANYWHERE people regularly gather to honor, worship the Lord and study His Word. And that might be a simple house church of just a few people, or outside by a lake or wherever.
Ok well whatever I just want one that's open 24/7 so I don't have to get up and the crack of dawn on a Sunday ..

Even an evening service would do

But I like the idea of keycards and being able to go 24/7
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Nessa wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:51 pm We went to Ohura... A tiny old town in NZ that is almost nothing now. But they had a church they never locked.

It was such a small congregation and those there were almost all related. And since it was the only Church, no competition.

Thought that was pretty amazing. Had a creepy old town feel but very intriguing.

Of course, flying to NZ to be able to pray in a Church 24/7, maybe a bit excessive :lol:
Yes .. lol
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Maybe you could get a membership to one of those 24 hour gyms, and go in there and pray.

Unless you think God won't listen to you in a gym.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:46 am Maybe you could get a membership to one of those 24 hour gyms, and go in there and pray.

Cardio with Christ?

I think we are onto something here
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:21 pm
RickD wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:46 am Maybe you could get a membership to one of those 24 hour gyms, and go in there and pray.

Cardio with Christ?

I think we are onto something here
I was thinking more along the lines of Stairstepper to Heaven. Or perhaps Dumbbells for Christ. But, Cardio with Christ will work too.

-Edward R Murrow