Gimme a break!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Gimme a break!

Post by Storyteller »

The last few months have been pretty tough for me, as most of you know. Well, finally things are turning around, in the weirdest way.
I was living in a truly awful bedsit, it was grim. I caught scabies there, three times! I was signed off with depression, had pneumonia twice, got the underactive thyroid diagnosis. All this time im praying "gimme a break"...
I beat the deprseeion, recovered from the pneumonia, cleared the scabies. Found a gorgeous room in a houseshare, moved 4 weeks ago.
Cycling to a doctors appointment on 30 may, on the pavement (sidewalk 😋) aimed between a lamppost and wall, clipped the handlebars, leg went through frame and snapped.
Ended up having an operation to fix my leg, 2 spiral fractures to tibia and fractures to fibula. Have got a rod through my fibia. In a ski boot cast. Physio starts 19 june. On blood thinners for 6 weeks, off work for 3 months. Its a bad break apparently so its gonna be a long recovery.
Not quite what i meant by gimme a break :o
What it has shown me is that i was too busy fighting through things to stop and appreciate what i do have. I was creeping back into focusing on my losses. My dad, my marraige, thinking about my challenges instead of embracing the gifts i have. Love, i know love. From fooz, from my family (who i am building a relationship again), from my friends both irl and online, and God.
I am living the life i want to live, it had its price, now i need to allow myself to embrace it.
So, i guess i got my break after all, huh? :P
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Gimme a break!

Post by Philip »

Story, I'm glad you are learning to realize the blessings you DO have - especially when life craps on you. Godspeed in healing!
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

That’s an impressive run of bad luck. Stay away from power tools and heavy machinery for a while...
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Um...er...

Get well soon!
:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Storyteller wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 am The last few months have been pretty tough for me, as most of you know. Well, finally things are turning around, in the weirdest way...
You must be quite strong. If I had your string of bad luck I'd drive my car into the garage, turn on the engine and go to sleep... :sleep:
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Rick... but who's gonna make your sammiches? Oh, and thanks for your charming, loving concern 😋

Flie.. (hi, good to meet you btw) no power tools, I can barely work the remote!
Strong? Tenacious 😊
My knowledge of scripture is weak but my faith is my rock. I trust God totally. He is my strength, I give all my pain, fear and weakness to Him. I don't need to be strong, He is my strength. I just have to trust.
Philip.. every day He shows me new things. I'm learning to walk with Him.

I still can't really explain how personal my relationship with God is. I used to hear people say it's a living, real relationship, where you communicate. I always believed that, kinda understood how it might work but it's weird.. God is not only my Father, my creator, my inspiration. My guide, my compass. He is my friend.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Hey Annette,
you reminded me Mel, who broke her fist wrist.
You two - tough girls
brave girls
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Storyteller wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am God is not only my Father, my creator, my inspiration. My guide, my compass. He is my friend.
y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:50 pm
Storyteller wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 am The last few months have been pretty tough for me, as most of you know. Well, finally things are turning around, in the weirdest way...
You must be quite strong. If I had your string of bad luck I'd drive my car into the garage, turn on the engine and go to sleep... :sleep:
Strong? Tenacious maybe.
Bad luck? Challenges, sure.
I'm not strong, at all, but God is.
All my pain, fear, weakness, I don't need to carry it. Feel it, of course, but believe it and live it, no.
At my worst of my depression I'd go days without showering, or brushing my teeth. A friend said to me.. brushing your teeth for 10 seconds is better than not at all. So I brushed my teeth for 10 seconds and celebrated the fact I did it. I "failed" so many times but never once did I give up. Failing isn't about not succeeding. Real failure is giving up.

Suicide? My heart breaks for anyone that lost. I wanna hold them and tell them that I care. That I'd cry.

Life is such a gift. We get to experience all this. To feel. To love. To care.

Every challenge I've had, I've gotten something positive out of.
There's a song called Carry On by Bens Brother.
It reminds me that we all have someone who loves us.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I can't be the only one who thinks that many of these injuries wouldn't have happened if women just stayed in the kitchen?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 am I can't be the only one who thinks that many of these injuries wouldn't have happened if women just stayed in the kitchen?
Making you a sammich?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Didn't you break a leg falling off a horse?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Annette,

I prayed for you and God gave me a message for you.

"Stay in the Kitchen!"

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I broke my ankle getting thrown from a horse not my leg.

Funny thing is since breaking my ankle i had back pain. I wondered if it was to do with my ankle. Dismissed asking about it thinking what they gonna do... rebreak it?

Guess what leg i broke?

There is a line in some song that always stuck with me "i dont wanna start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God has a sick sense of humour"
Im starting to wonder :pound:

I mean, seriously?

*Im genuinely kinda tickled by this actually
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 pm Annette,

I prayed for you and God gave me a message for you.

"Stay in the Kitchen!"
Best not.
The kitchen is downstairs.