Mary Jane and Violence

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 7366
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 558 times

Mary Jane and Violence

#1

Post by Philip » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:33 am

Interesting article and data: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... t-behavior

If true, newly legalized pot is a terrible idea - particularly when one realizes the stuff grown now is like it's on steroids vs. what we (uh, not me, of course :roll: :? ) used in the '60s and '70s. But now the legal genie is out of the bottle...

And here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... lized.html (note, though in the Daily Mail, it merely is quoting key sources)

And now the zoom to shrooms: https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/07/d ... alization/

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#2

Post by Stu » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Cannabis responsible for quarter of new psychosis cases, scientists warn

Researchers have linked strong forms of cannabis with a quarter of newly-diagnosed cases of psychosis.

They also found that using more potent forms of the Class B drug leads to a three-times higher risk of psychosis in casual users.

Scientists at King's College London published the six-year study which connects the stronger form of the drug known as 'skunk' to serious mental illness, and are now calling for greater public awareness.

But it comes as a US neuroscientist suggested long-term recreational cannabis use has no significant association with long-term mental decline.

Sir Robin Murray, professor of psychiatric research at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King's and senior researcher on the study, said: "It is now well known that use of cannabis increases the risk of psychosis.

More


Scientists discover a genetic link between cannabis use and SCHIZOPHRENIA

A new scientific study has linked smoking cannabis with certain psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia.

Researchers from Radboud University looked at data from more than 180,000 people as part of the study.

They uncovered that people with schizophrenia are also more likely to use cannabis.

The large-scale genetic study, published in Nature Neuroscience , was conducted by a team of scientists part of the International Cannabis Consortium.

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:00 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#3

Post by LittleHamster » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm

You've probably read at times that psycho-active drugs have the potential to open 'doorways to the other side'. The more you use them, the greater the chance. The same openings can occur with intense meditation techniques, intense concentration (eg, being in a military exchange) and also with sudden psychological shock or prolonged psychological trauma (such as violent abuse).

And the danger is this: Once that psychological door opens, thought-forms from the subconscious, including those in the various worlds of existence, whether it be demons or angels, from the lowest hell to the heavens above will, depending on what the person's mental predisposition is at the time, attract those thoughts and entities to himself and they will attach to and become part of the his everyday personality. e.g. if a person is mean and has nasty thoughts towards humanity, there's a good chance he will attract to himself more of those thoughts, eventually leading himself into a mental state where he'll go out and do some damage to his fellow man. Another example would be that if you are someone that thinks about sex a lot of the time then, there's a good chance you'll become hyper-sexual.

The other characteristic worth mentioning is the speed at which this happens. If the doorway opens, even if only for a split second, the attack is instantaneous. The thought-forms, entities, etc, go straight in and attach to the person. That is why advanced mystics always protect themselves first.

This can happen to 'normal' people in everyday life too! (Without taking drugs). e.g., Some people can get really obsessed about things and then the obsession then get's out of control. Not all obsessions are detrimental, but alot of them are. e.g. dieting leading to anorexia. But most people will not experience this. The majority of humanity is mostly resilient towards psychological attack, have stronger psychological barriers, etc.

It's also worth noting that most people are under the 'curse-of-the-law' and because of this, they tend to get the really bad end of the psychological stick.


Biblical:

"When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ 25 On its return, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26 Then it goes and brings seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and dwell there. And the final plight of that man is worse than the first.”

- Luke 11:24, Matthew 12:43




Think twice............ think carefully :-)
These users liked this post by LittleHamster:
theophilus (Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am)
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#4

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am

All that can be said about alcohol by the way and also many other things that people with genetic disorders ( such as addictive personalities) should not partake in, just saying.

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#5

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am
All that can be said about alcohol by the way and also many other things that people with genetic disorders ( such as addictive personalities) should not partake in, just saying.
No, cannabis is very different to alcohol. People have breaks from reality and end up in mental asylums from using cannabis. They create psychosis cases. They are most definitely NOT the same. I have personal experience with this as well.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#6

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 am

Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am
All that can be said about alcohol by the way and also many other things that people with genetic disorders ( such as addictive personalities) should not partake in, just saying.
No, cannabis is very different to alcohol. People have breaks from reality and end up in mental asylums from using cannabis. They create psychosis cases. They are most definitely NOT the same. I have personal experience with this as well.
Yes, cannibis is different than alcohol ( people tend to be LESS violent on cannabis than alcohol for example).
Not relevant to what I said though.
I said that ALL that was mentioned above can also be said OF alcohol also.

EX: https://www.alcohol.org/comorbid/psychotic-disorder/

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#7

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 am
Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am
All that can be said about alcohol by the way and also many other things that people with genetic disorders ( such as addictive personalities) should not partake in, just saying.
No, cannabis is very different to alcohol. People have breaks from reality and end up in mental asylums from using cannabis. They create psychosis cases. They are most definitely NOT the same. I have personal experience with this as well.
Yes, cannibis is different than alcohol ( people tend to be LESS violent on cannabis than alcohol for example).
Not relevant to what I said though.
I said that ALL that was mentioned above can also be said OF alcohol also.

EX: https://www.alcohol.org/comorbid/psychotic-disorder/
No, they work differently. I'm not talking about being addictive, obviously being addicted to either is bad. I'm talking about creating mental disorders. Cannabis has far worse track record, like the article I linked to in my first post.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 7366
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 558 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#8

Post by Philip » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am

One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#9

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 am

Philip wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.
I couldn't smoke cannabis. I could do acid however and drink alcohol until the cows come home.
Below is a story related to me about their father trying very mild cannabis.

Funny how people react differently to weed. My folks visited me for my 40th and my Mom was keen to smoke a spliff for the first time. We took them to the local weed market and bought a mild sativa loosey for them. I wasn't keen but my wife smoked alongside my Mom and Dad (who claimed to have smoked weed before).

My Mom was perfectly fine, biggest tell she had was how much she was enjoying the music in the bar - handled it so naturally I actually went and bought a second loosey and smoked it with her to make sure she was getting it into her lungs properly and all that.

Now my Dad, we went into the bar right after smoking and I bought us all drinks. He sat there real quiet while the rest of us chatted, then said he felt like taking a walk. Off he was for at least a half hour, so I was sent to go find him. There he was sitting in the rain on a bench staring into nothing. I just left him since he looked okay.

15 mins later he comes walking in hunched over moving at a snail's pace. He goes into the toilets and locks himself in a stall (you can see into the toilets, there's just a fish tank separating it from the bar area). We wait, he doesn't come out, I go check again, there I see his feet sticking out under the stall door, he's clearly just lying there on the floor. I ask him if he's okay, he sheepishly says "fine". I go back, buy more drinks and we carry on chatting, my Mom and my wife going to check on him ever now and then.

Eventually we all wanted to go so we as a group went in to get him out. He was not going anywhere, it took my wife kicking his feet and threatening to have the door broken down to get him out of there (tough love was necessary at this point, people were beginning to gather). Hunched over my mother we start guiding him out, he yells for us to slow down, apparently the road is shifting under his feet and he's going to fall in. Slowly, slowly we got him to the street and found a taxi. There he sits, eyes closed clenching his hands so tight they're white, groaning all the way home and shaking.

Got him upstairs and into bed, my Mom, my wife and I sat and had a fine time chatting, drinking champagne and listening to music until he finally woke up, still very shaken but sober enough to talk, said it was absolutely terrifying, didn't think he'd make it home alive.

Weird how different some people react. I mean it's not the first time I've seen people freak out and think they're going to die or something, but never such a drastic reaction to what was a very mild joint.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#10

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am

Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 am
Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am
All that can be said about alcohol by the way and also many other things that people with genetic disorders ( such as addictive personalities) should not partake in, just saying.
No, cannabis is very different to alcohol. People have breaks from reality and end up in mental asylums from using cannabis. They create psychosis cases. They are most definitely NOT the same. I have personal experience with this as well.
Yes, cannibis is different than alcohol ( people tend to be LESS violent on cannabis than alcohol for example).
Not relevant to what I said though.
I said that ALL that was mentioned above can also be said OF alcohol also.

EX: https://www.alcohol.org/comorbid/psychotic-disorder/
No, they work differently. I'm not talking about being addictive, obviously being addicted to either is bad. I'm talking about creating mental disorders. Cannabis has far worse track record, like the article I linked to in my first post.
Doesn't matter if they work differently, the point is the same issue one gets with cannabis, one can get from alcohol and, it can be argued, at least cannabis has some medicinal benefits.
That is why in Ontario, cannabis is regulated by the same agency that regulates alcohol.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#11

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 am

Philip wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.
That is not correct.
I personally can't stand drugs and prefer a nice single malt than a splif BUT to deny the the risks of alcohol or to say that cannabis is more harmful without proper context is just wrong.
https://www.livescience.com/42738-marij ... fects.html

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#12

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 am
Philip wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.
That is not correct.
I personally can't stand drugs and prefer a nice single malt than a splif BUT to deny the the risks of alcohol or to say that cannabis is more harmful without proper context is just wrong.
https://www.livescience.com/42738-marij ... fects.html
That article seems more concerned about the bodily health factors. I'm concerned with the mental health issues.
Cannabis is responsible for a QUARTER of new psychosis cases scientists say (alcohol doesn't come even close). I know I'm one of them. I know a few others as well (one ended up in a asylum).

There are groups (in my country, so probably yours too) that go around teaching on the MENTAL health issues associated with cannabis and they have a number of attendees. This issue is slowly coming to light.

Cannabis responsible for quarter of new psychosis cases, scientists warn

Scientists discover a genetic link between cannabis use and SCHIZOPHRENIA
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#13

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am

Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 am
Philip wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.
That is not correct.
I personally can't stand drugs and prefer a nice single malt than a splif BUT to deny the the risks of alcohol or to say that cannabis is more harmful without proper context is just wrong.
https://www.livescience.com/42738-marij ... fects.html
That article seems more concerned about the bodily health factors. I'm concerned with the mental health issues.
Cannabis is responsible for a QUARTER of new psychosis cases scientists say (alcohol doesn't come even close). I know I'm one of them. I know a few others as well (one ended up in a asylum).

There are groups (in my country, so probably yours too) that go around teaching on the MENTAL health issues associated with cannabis and they have a number of attendees. This issue is slowly coming to light.

Cannabis responsible for quarter of new psychosis cases, scientists warn

Scientists discover a genetic link between cannabis use and SCHIZOPHRENIA
Are you suggesting that cannabis CAUSES mental health issues or exacerbates it?

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8608
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#14

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am

You also realize that the study was a bout a very SPECIFIC type of cannabis, right? (Skunk)

It says:
Scientists at King's College London published the six-year study which connects the stronger form of the drug known as 'skunk' to serious mental illness, and are now calling for greater public awareness.

But it comes as a US neuroscientist suggested long-term recreational cannabis use has no significant association with long-term mental decline.


Kind of like saying that excessive drinking of over proof alcohol can cause far more complications than drinking beer.
And water is wet.

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mary Jane and Violence

#15

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am
Stu wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 am
Philip wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
One can drink alcohol moderately without becoming inebriated. It can even have some health benefits. With pot, EVERY time one partakes they will get high, harm their lungs, etc.
That is not correct.
I personally can't stand drugs and prefer a nice single malt than a splif BUT to deny the the risks of alcohol or to say that cannabis is more harmful without proper context is just wrong.
https://www.livescience.com/42738-marij ... fects.html
That article seems more concerned about the bodily health factors. I'm concerned with the mental health issues.
Cannabis is responsible for a QUARTER of new psychosis cases scientists say (alcohol doesn't come even close). I know I'm one of them. I know a few others as well (one ended up in a asylum).

There are groups (in my country, so probably yours too) that go around teaching on the MENTAL health issues associated with cannabis and they have a number of attendees. This issue is slowly coming to light.

Cannabis responsible for quarter of new psychosis cases, scientists warn

Scientists discover a genetic link between cannabis use and SCHIZOPHRENIA
Are you suggesting that cannabis CAUSES mental health issues or exacerbates it?
Both.

The cases are out there, and they are increasing. People can ignore the evidence it if they want.

"It varies from person to person. Some only take one joint and are brought in to emergency department with psychosis, others develop over time and follow a more insidious course.

Schizophrenia and undifferentiated psychosis are really just labels for spectra of illnesses, some acute and full-blown, some less so, making them really difficult to actually pick up. The only symptom may be that of a slight paranoia that might only manifest as nervousness or something.

Perhaps you have no knowledge of how controlled trials and peer reviewing articles work. Perhaps you don't know that reduction in cannabis use improves symptomatology. Perhaps you don't know that once in remission, cannabis use is directly correlated with relapse of psychosis."
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Post Reply