UFOs, The Government, and Bad Journalism

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

UFOs, The Government, and Bad Journalism

Post by Philip »

In recent months, all over the news we've seen a video which is asserted to have been a military jet's encounter with a UFO. In fact, the New York Times, in December, published an article all about it, as well as about the U.S. government and Pentagon's "secret" and very well-funded program to "study" UFOs. Of course, millions of alien believers see this as further evidence that ET has long been buzzing us.

Here's the Navy jet UFO video gaining such wide attention: [BBvideo]https://nyti.ms/2k1tU7U[/BBvideo]

Here's the NY Times article on UFOs and the U.S. program: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/p ... -reid.html

And today, Foxnews has Tucker Carlson weighing in on this - as if it is a matter that our citizens should be highly concerned over - it's a video of him interviewing a former Deputy Department of Defense for Intelligence about the issue:

But are we seeing what we think we are in this video? And what was its source? Was it doctored? If so, by whom? When? If it is so secret and ominous, why would it have been declassified? Or was it ever actually classified to begin with? My point is, people read stuff in popular media and they accept it at face value - without asking themselves important questions - which is true of a ton of stuff that is - yep, fake news being passed off as serious journalism. Course, the NY Times has long ago lost significant credibility.

Seeing the video on Fox News today, I wondered what Dr. Michael Heiser's take on this is - as he's not only an important theologian, Bible scholar, and expert on the Ancient Near East, its cultures and religions, but he also has great interest in debunking asserted phenomena - from aliens to all sorts of strange things typically found in popular media. Heiser likes to bring a scholar's assessment to these things, and to help people become more critical thinkers. And so Heiser recently posted on his blog about this UFO encounter and the government's UFO program, by linking to an article he believes asks some important questions that reveal that all of this recent UFO hysteria is being bought into without key, unanswered questions first being answered.

Here's the article Heiser linked on his blog page: https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-up- ... fo-videos/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: UFOs, The Government, and Bad Journalism

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
...I wondered what Dr. Michael Heiser's take on this is...
Probably thinks it's Angel/human hybrid Nephilim.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: UFOs, The Government, and Bad Journalism

Post by RickD »

If it's in a video, it must be a real alien UFO.

There's no way it could be a drone, a doctored video, U.S. secret project, etc.

I'm convinced. Demons are doing DNA experiments on humans, which created more Nephilim. And then, these Nephilim created a magical spacecraft.

The world is coming to an end. Please pm me, so I can give you an address to send all of your worldly possessions to me.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony