Was Jesus Tortured in hell for 3 days and 3 Nights?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Was Jesus Tortured in hell for 3 days and 3 Nights?

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 pm

B. W. wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Here is what I believe from bible reading,teachings and my understanding. No Jesus did not go to hell and was not tortured.He went into Abrahams Bosom where all of the OT saints were and he took them to heaven,Abrahams Bosom was where the OT saints went when they died and it was not in the tormenting part of hell.Those who were in Abrahams Bosom could look over and see those in hell but they themselves were safe.Jesus went to Abraham's Bosom where the OT Saints were.Nobody went to heaven until Jesus died on the cross fulfilling his mission and now they do.This is why Jesus told the theif Today you will be with me in paradise and he was,paradise was Abraham's Bosom and the theif went there after he died and then Jesus went there after he died and got him and took him to heaven with all of the OT Saints.
I agree but he also proclaimed a proclamation of victory over the the works of darkness and their damnation to those in the current hell, according to these verses:

1 Peter 3:18,19,20, "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water..." NKJV

The word traslated preached in verse 19 is the Greek word κηρύσσω - kērussō -Thayer Defines it as:
Thayer Definition:

1) to be a herald, to officiate as a herald
1a) to proclaim after the manner of a herald
1b) always with the suggestion of formality, gravity and an authority which must be listened to and obeyed
2) to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done
So from the text, Jesus also proclaimed a truth - shout of condemnation to those in current hell and a victory to those in Paradise.

There is no way Jesus fought the devils in hell in a Wrestling Cage match - that can't be derived from the the bible at all.
I agree.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 263 times
Been liked: 469 times

Re: Was Jesus Tortured in hell for 3 days and 3 Nights?

Post by Philip » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Not to mention one has to read into the text that Jesus visited hell. PLUS, remember how Jesus told the Disciples to shake the dust from their feet to anyone that rejected their message - to move on. Jesus would not be preaching a message that was too late - after their deaths - to people already judged guilty.