Need a little advice

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Need a little advice

Post by PaulSacramento »

I gotcha bro
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Cannabis!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

On The Road,Away From Home
https://youtu.be/68JBmFiFm88
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
My hubby's a truck driver as well and also encounters a lot of bad driving. The only thing I can suggest is to be cautious, always keep a good following distance and be alert to what's going on around you, so when someone does something stupid you're better prepared. Hubby's a pretty cautious driver and he's probably avoided a few incidents that way. I know you can't always avoid them though.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
My hubby's a truck driver as well and also encounters a lot of bad driving. The only thing I can suggest is to be cautious, always keep a good following distance and be alert to what's going on around you, so when someone does something stupid you're better prepared. Hubby's a pretty cautious driver and he's probably avoided a few incidents that way. I know you can't always avoid them though.
Yes, I've become a very cautious and observant driver. I'd probably be dead if I didn't drive so defensively.

It's becoming an everyday occurrence now. It's really bad. Lazy, inattentive drivers.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I feel really bad for misjudging drivers now that I found out that the cold weather has caused a blinker fluid shortage here.

I really need to be more understanding.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

RickD wrote: I'm not sure how a lesson in humility is needed, when a guy who wasn't paying attention, almost ran me off the highway.
That doesn't surprise me in the least ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Mallz wrote:
RickD wrote: I'm not sure how a lesson in humility is needed, when a guy who wasn't paying attention, almost ran me off the highway.
Considering how you've misjudged me in the past, and don't know me, I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.
I was on I-95 for 2 1/2 hours today between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Allot of reckless driving. Lots of Puerto Rican's weaving in and out of traffic.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

What kinds of trucks do you drive and for what purpose? Do you work for yourself or a company?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:

What kinds of trucks do you drive and for what purpose? Do you work for yourself or a company?
It's top secret government work. That's all I can tell you.

-Edward R Murrow

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

RickD wrote:
Mallz wrote:
Considering how you've misjudged me in the past, and don't know me, I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.
I'm not surprised your not surprised that I'm not surprised? :clap:
You'r in an opportunity to learn humility and grace. The fact you're in that position shows you're in the opportunity to further develop your soul. It's pretty obvious the things one can learn in these instances. And if it's something like learning to live how Jesus lives and how He suffered then I don't think you should refuse it. Saying you can learn humility and grace from this, and then you immediately blaming it on the 'other guy' proving you don't need to learn anything about humility? Really? It doesn't matter whose fault it is, that's the point of grace. But you can't even get there because you won't humble yourself when you're not at fault. But, no one teaches you to turn the other cheek, or the reasoning behind it, aye?
And how have I misjudged you in the past?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

OK here's something practical I use. We don't know where anyone is going on the road. We don't know the people nor their lives who are driving around us. They could be acting like jerks on the road rushing to get to the hospital to say goodbye to their dying mother. Who knows? People will tread on us for any reason or none at all. I found 'taking the hits' while driving actually influences the drivers around me. And it's funny the amount of prayer and blessings given to others (even perceived enemies) on the road can change them, too (as compared to when I don't).
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Blessed wrote:
Philip wrote:If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.
I was on I-95 for 2 1/2 hours today between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Allot of reckless driving. Lots of Puerto Rican's weaving in and out of traffic.
So did you see Rick? Or did Rick see you :lol:

Couldn't help it 8-}2
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys