Anyone have Aspergers or Autism?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Anyone have Aspergers or Autism?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Is Aspergers a disease or just a difference?
Neither.
It's just the way your brain is wired.

And a difference to what? Don't we all consider ourselves normal? (Except maybe for Rick, we all know he's different)
I'm not different. I'm special.
Special needs, yeah :lol:
I'm a man. Of course I have special needs. Special sammiches.
With a side of fries and ketchup.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

When I was a kid, I was my neighbor's imaginary friend. Does that count?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick is my imaginary friend - I've heard him but I've never seen him. y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:09 pm Rick is my imaginary friend - I've heard him but I've never seen him. y:-?
Then I'm doing a great job stalking you!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 pm
Philip wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:09 pm Rick is my imaginary friend - I've heard him but I've never seen him. y:-?
Then I'm doing a great job stalking you!
sounds very "autistic" to me...
Floatingaxehead
Acquainted Member

Post by Floatingaxehead »

My twin does, and he's pretty good at seeing humor and reading sarcasm. Better than me in most circumstances, actually, although it can depend on the joke being made and prior experiences with the person's sarcasm. Sometimes we both don't see the joke immediately but after a few moments of thought "get" the joke.
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."
Colossians 2:8, NIV
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

[X] - can't make eye contact. (I can, it's just very uncomfortable)
[X] - show few emotions (Isn't this just a man-trait? lol)
[X] - speak in a flat, robotic kind of way. (yes)
[ ] - he may talk about himself most of the time (no)
[X] - Narrowed Interests - zero in with a lot of intensity on a single subject (yes, I move from Obsession's,first penguins, then biology, then computers, then Christianity)
[X] - He also may dislike change. For instance, he may eat the same food for breakfast every day (yes)
[X] - Failure to Develop Friendships (yes)
[X] - Selective Mutism - Yes
[X] - Inability to Empathize - I don't think so, but other people do *shrugs*
[X] - Social Awkwardness - yes
[X] - Literal Interpretations - The affected individual may not understand sarcasm - Yes
[ ] - Excellent Pattern Recognition - Um not that I can tell
[X] - Poor Motor Skills - Yes
[X] - Trouble Understanding Social Cues - Yes
[ ] - Repetitive Motor Mannerisms - No
[ ] - Heightened Sensitivity - No
[ ] - Difficulty Judging Personal Space - No

I have 70% of the symptoms I guess?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Psychiatry is labeling for profit. They have an annual meeting to "decide" what a new mental illness is. They define any one of these behaviors as a "mental illness". They change their diagnosis with the times and political correctness i.e. homosexuality and transsexualism are now not mental illness like they said before. They are frauds. Modern day sorcerers dressed up as a respectable medical professionals. The drugs they dish out like trick or treat candy create serious problems and ensure they always have "customers". Frauds. All of them.

I've been a card carrying member of CCHR for years. Psychiatry not a good thing at all.

If you're ever in Los Angeles be sure to visit a local museum called "Psychiatry an Industry of Death" - you will see exactly what I'm talking about.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Psychiatry certainly has its abuses. But for many, those treating the mentally ill are a godsend to those with things like bipolar and schizophrenia. I have a highly intelligent, well-functioning friend who otherwise be instituitionslized if not for a good psychiatrist. But as an industry, it has significant issues.
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

The problem with psychiatry is that they give you meds for one symptom, then you get side effects, then they give you meds for the side effects, then you have more side effects, then you get more meds, etc.

Most of the psychiatric drugs are terribly for the body, while you may be mentally stable, you are inviting an early death.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

claysmithr wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 am The problem with psychiatry is that they give you meds for one symptom, then you get side effects, then they give you meds for the side effects, then you have more side effects, then you get more meds, etc.

Most of the psychiatric drugs are terribly for the body, while you may be mentally stable, you are inviting an early death.
The purpose of the medication is:

1) Give the mental health industry a customer for life
2) Give Pharma a customer for life
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 am Psychiatry certainly has its abuses. But for many, those treating the mentally ill are a godsend to those with things like bipolar and schizophrenia. I have a highly intelligent, well-functioning friend who otherwise be instituitionslized if not for a good psychiatrist. But as an industry, it has significant issues.

My cousin was labeled "bi polar". Happy and sad. Up and down all day. I never saw anything wrong with it. The CCHR have done multiple fake patient/undercover visits to shrinks offices with the same "symptoms" and script. They are then diagnosed with a different "disorder" and pills at each one.

My Cousin was a smart kid. His Mom took him to the shrink because he was staying inside the house too much. There was nothing wrong with him. He was always up for going out - if there was somewhere to go or do. He was very smart. He had a high IQ and a gift of quickly assessing situations.

First shrink tells them he's depressed. Pills. Next Shrink tell them he's manic depressant. More pills. Then soft agorrophobia. Then antisocial personality disorder. Then bi-polar. Then ADHD, Then Skitz. Pills pills pills. On and on. My aunt and uncle are not rich but very well off. They spent tens if not hundreds of thousands on him. Only to get worse. I'm sure the fact when they pulled up at Dr. Peppitones office with a Porsche and Jaguar and Benz had no influence on my Cousins "diagnosis" from all these people.

Today he is in a full blown insane asylum. All he wants is to stop taking the pills and be normal. But he is forced to take these pills. Several each day. There were times when he would go off these pills and get away with me, back when he was "a little nuts" from their "treatments" but not "insane" and within DAYS he would start improving. Days. The kid would spend 3 days with me and start getting better.

It's like that line from Rain Man at the end where Charlie Babbit says something like Raymond has more improvement 1 week with me 10 years with you or something like that." The best cure for his "problem" was LIFE and getting outside, going places and living LIFE. Every time he did this he would get better - then back to the shrinks and the pills. His mother helped perpetuate this, in my opinion, though I would never dare say it in real life ..

The shrinks are in this for the money. They have not "cured" one person. They just label people with made up illnesses. I have an extremely bad opinion of this profession.

My bother is also marrying a shrink. A Child shrink who gives these drugs to children every day and makes $20,000 per month doing it. You cannot believe how much money child shrinks make or the power they have over your kids to destroy their lives - backed by the state. She is a bad person in real life. Not anything like the image she presents.

I have been dis-invited from the wedding FYI...
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The shrinks are in this for the money. They have not "cured" one person.
Cured? No. Greatly helped and stablized - absolutely. But there are many good psychiatrists. But a lot more bad ones - like any doctor or profession. One of my closest friends - really, he is a friend :D - is a psychiatrist. He also has some significant autism-like traits. But a brilliant guy.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 pm
The shrinks are in this for the money. They have not "cured" one person.
Cured? No. Greatly helped and stablized - absolutely.
Take a peek at a documentary, "The Widow Maker". I think it's currently on Netflix. It's on cancer, but it shows why the medical industry is more interested in "greatly helping and stabilizing" than in curing anything. Money!