Rise in flat earthism

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Rise in flat earthism

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Byblos wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I've seen a number of people who claim to believe earth is flat on religious videos across youtube. This trend seems to be increasing, and others have noted too. Anyone know why?
Flat earthers now claim to have members all around the globe. :pound:

Not sure where I read that (recently) but I got a good chuckle out of it and figured I'd share.
These are Christians btw.
All of them? And what is your point?
We're laughing at our brothers and sisters instead of trying to teach them rightly. I don't think all are Christians though.

I wonder if the church has been infiltrated with flat-earthers to try to make Christianity look bad.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Not sure where I read that (recently) but I got a good chuckle out of it and figured I'd share.
We're laughing at our brothers and sisters instead of trying to teach them rightly. I don't think all are Christians though.

I wonder if the church has been infiltrated with flat-earthers to try to make Christianity look bad.
The church doesn't need fake Christians to make Christianity look bad, when we real Christians do a pretty good job of it ourselves. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Maybe but since there is a growth of conspiracies in the church regarding biblical literacy like the nephilim etc that has been going on for years, maybe this is a sincere but deluded result of that.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I haven't noticed really, but then I don't pay much attention to fringe groups.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

I've noticed there seems to be a marked increase in kooks in the last ten years on the internet. In law enforcement you constantly run into mental cases, many seem as normal as anybody until they talk long enough. Usually takes 10 minutes for the really disguised kooks to reveal themselves. And yes, they have some really far out ideas and they believe them hardcore as in no talking sense to them because it won't work. Your jaw will just get tired.

Browsing "headlines" in Youtube it appears the Flat Earthers are probably some of the more sane people outside of institutions.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

In other news, JButler now believes in a flat earth. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

JButler wrote:I've noticed there seems to be a marked increase in kooks in the last ten years on the internet. In law enforcement you constantly run into mental cases, many seem as normal as anybody until they talk long enough. Usually takes 10 minutes for the really disguised kooks to reveal themselves. And yes, they have some really far out ideas and they believe them hardcore as in no talking sense to them because it won't work. Your jaw will just get tired.

Browsing "headlines" in Youtube it appears the Flat Earthers are probably some of the more sane people outside of institutions.
I agree. When I was a kid, about 40 years ago, there weren't nearly as many kooks on the Internet, as there are now. In fact, in the 1970's and 1980's, YouTube was pretty "normal".
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
JButler wrote:I've noticed there seems to be a marked increase in kooks in the last ten years on the internet. In law enforcement you constantly run into mental cases, many seem as normal as anybody until they talk long enough. Usually takes 10 minutes for the really disguised kooks to reveal themselves. And yes, they have some really far out ideas and they believe them hardcore as in no talking sense to them because it won't work. Your jaw will just get tired.

I agree. When I was a kid, about 40 years ago, there weren't nearly as many kooks on the Internet, as there are now. In fact, in the 1970's and 1980's, YouTube was pretty "normal".
:lol:
JButler
Established Member

Post by JButler »

RickD wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury......I present Exhibit #1..!! :lol:
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

I dunno about that, but then again youtube is so vast it doesn't surprise me.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Like seriously if earth was flat how would half the stuff work? Like ocean currents and wind currents and tectonic plates? Where would the mantle fit and why would the magnetic south pole be a ring for?
How come they say almost everything is a conspiracy this makes little sense and it makes me almost go mad trying to entertain the idea.
Ik rapper B.O.B. accepts it as well as a few others for various reasons, some admittedly more sound than others, but...
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:Anyone else see similarities between Flat Earthers, and Young Earthers?
:stirthepot:

I do.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:Anyone else see similarities between Flat Earthers, and Young Earthers?
:stirthepot:

I do.
Yea, but YECs are a much more reasonable bunch.