Rise in flat earthism

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Rise in flat earthism

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:Anyone else see similarities between Flat Earthers, and Young Earthers?
:stirthepot:

I do.
Yea, but YECs are a much more reasonable bunch.
:pound:

You're getting really good at sarcasm!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Rise in flat earthism

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:Anyone else see similarities between Flat Earthers, and Young Earthers?
:stirthepot:

I do.
Yea, but YECs are a much more reasonable bunch.

You're getting really good at sarcasm!
Im getting good at using Poe's law, because that wasn't sarcasm!
Do you see the stuff flat earthers think about in regards to their conspiracy?
Like that the sun zooms away from earth at sunset yet no evidence to the contrary, there is an anti-moon, earth has no gravity yet we fly up nearly at the speed of light which should flatten everything but then there's an aether that does something to the sky and pilots, little kids, teachers, lay people, everyone who supports a round earth idea is part of a conspiracy as well with NASA to keep ppl from reaching the edge of Antarctica aka the ice wall. When you tell them ppl have went to the south pole they think u're in a conspiracy, and they also think the universe or earth at least is 6000 years old, and that according to records the continents were in a square at one point that moved away, yet do not explain how tectonic plates would work on a flat world. The sun is a spotlight 3000 miles up that orbits in a weird circluar path along the equator, they do not attempt to explain how night and day last so long on the Arctic and Antarctic, other than maybe "the aether did it". Some say sand deserts are wood-chips from mighty trees long ago cut that would stand over 60 miles at least. Such trees can be found today like Pilot's Mountain and other Buttes and maybe Mesas.
Some flat earthers are legit, others are trolls and go along for the laughs. We shouldn't hate them though but they make YECS look more reasonable by a good ways.