God as a big black woman

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#106

Post by PaulSacramento » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 am

Nessa wrote:I've just watched the movie...

Mixed feelings. Some parts did make me cry. I think there is something of God in it. It has unusual depth for a Christian movie.

But I do still feel its twisted in certain places. For example when mac dams the muderer to hell but 'God' says something like 'He's my son as well and I want him to have redemption'

Now is he really God's son before he is redeemed?

The bible makes it clear we are born dead in our transgressions and we were once enemies of God..

Haven't seen the movie yet BUT Yes, God wants us all to be redeemed BUT it is up to us to accept Our Lord.
God wants even the worse of us to be redeemed even if he knows that not all will be because they choose to deny Him.
Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Until the moment we die their is chance for redemption, but we have to choose it.

The underlining message that God was trying to make Mack understand is that humans have free will and God does NOT interfere in that and because of free will human will do horrific things and God "can't" stop them because that would be a violation of free will and go against what God is.
If God intervene in every act, and he would have to do that to be consistent, then no act of free will would exist, especially love.

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#107

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Nessa wrote:I've just watched the movie...

Mixed feelings. Some parts did make me cry. I think there is something of God in it. It has unusual depth for a Christian movie.

But I do still feel its twisted in certain places. For example when mac dams the muderer to hell but 'God' says something like 'He's my son as well and I want him to have redemption'

Now is he really God's son before he is redeemed?

The bible makes it clear we are born dead in our transgressions and we were once enemies of God..

Haven't seen the movie yet BUT Yes, God wants us all to be redeemed BUT it is up to us to accept Our Lord.
God wants even the worse of us to be redeemed even if he knows that not all will be because they choose to deny Him.
Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Until the moment we die their is chance for redemption, but we have to choose it.

The underlining message that God was trying to make Mack understand is that humans have free will and God does NOT interfere in that and because of free will human will do horrific things and God "can't" stop them because that would be a violation of free will and go against what God is.
If God intervene in every act, and he would have to do that to be consistent, then no act of free will would exist, especially love.
On a side note, why were the angels doomed? They are creation too. Is is bc they were in the presence of God and had no excuse, while man was more ignorant?

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#108

Post by Nessa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 am

PaulSacramento wrote: Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Really?

John 8:44-45 King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#109

Post by PaulSacramento » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:22 am

Even the Devil was God's son.

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#110

Post by Nessa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:50 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:Even the Devil was God's son.
so satan and jesus are brothers..

isnt that a bit Mormon-ish?


Please note I have started a new thread on this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=41849

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 909 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#111

Post by RickD » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:Even the Devil was God's son.
I see that legalized recreational LSD has made its way to the Toronto area.

:shock:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#112

Post by Hortator » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm

I think you guys are petty-fogging the distinction between child and creation.

Naturally though, I dont think my parents have ever referred to me as their "creation" :lol:

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#113

Post by Nessa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 pm

a creation does not necessarily equal a child

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#114

Post by PaulSacramento » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 am

Nessa wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Even the Devil was God's son.
so satan and jesus are brothers..

isnt that a bit Mormon-ish?


Please note I have started a new thread on this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=41849


You aren't imply that Jesus is a created being are you?

Jesus as God the Son is not the same as Son of God, even Adham was called "son of God", that doesn't make Adham and Jesus brothers does it?

User avatar
Stu
Senior Member
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#115

Post by Stu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 am

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#116

Post by PaulSacramento » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 am

All right, lets address this then:
“My words are alive and dynamic-full of life and possibility; yours are dead, full of law and fear and judgment. That is why you won’t find the word responsibility in the Scriptures,” God the Father tells Phillips in the story (page 205).
“Honey, I’ve never placed an expectation on you or anyone else. The idea behind expectations requires that someone does not know the future or outcome and is trying to control behavior to get the desired result,” Papa reiterates (page 206).
“Mackenzie, evil is a word we use to describe the absence of good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of light or death to describe the absence of life. Both evil and darkness can only be understood in relation to light and good; they do not have any actual existence,” God the Father outlines (page 136).
“I have followers who were murderers and many who were self-righteous. Some are bankers and bookies, Americans and Iraqis, Jews and Palestinians. I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my Papa, into my brothers and sisters, into My beloved,” Jesus tells Phillips (page 182).
“In Jesus, I have forgiven all humans for their sins against Me, but only some choose relationship,” Papa states (page 225).

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 909 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#117

Post by RickD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 am

I wonder if he has "renounced" all the money he made from the book?

It's interesting that he also sees a universalist message.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 909 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#118

Post by RickD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Nessa wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Even the Devil was God's son.
so satan and jesus are brothers..

isnt that a bit Mormon-ish?


Please note I have started a new thread on this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=41849


You aren't imply that Jesus is a created being are you?

Jesus as God the Son is not the same as Son of God, even Adham was called "son of God", that doesn't make Adham and Jesus brothers does it?
I think Nessa was pointing out the obvious Mormon ties to the term. Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are brothers.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6508
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 486 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#119

Post by Philip » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 am

Well, a lot of people think their brother is a devil - maybe not THE devil, but I digress.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 909 times

Re: God as a big black woman

#120

Post by RickD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 am

Philip wrote:Well, a lot of people think their brother is a devil - maybe not THE devil, but I digress.
Little girls are the devil.

http://youtu.be/xlWgF8dqneg
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply