God as a big black woman

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: God as a big black woman

Post by PaulSacramento »

Nessa wrote:I've just watched the movie...

Mixed feelings. Some parts did make me cry. I think there is something of God in it. It has unusual depth for a Christian movie.

But I do still feel its twisted in certain places. For example when mac dams the muderer to hell but 'God' says something like 'He's my son as well and I want him to have redemption'

Now is he really God's son before he is redeemed?

The bible makes it clear we are born dead in our transgressions and we were once enemies of God..

Haven't seen the movie yet BUT Yes, God wants us all to be redeemed BUT it is up to us to accept Our Lord.
God wants even the worse of us to be redeemed even if he knows that not all will be because they choose to deny Him.
Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Until the moment we die their is chance for redemption, but we have to choose it.

The underlining message that God was trying to make Mack understand is that humans have free will and God does NOT interfere in that and because of free will human will do horrific things and God "can't" stop them because that would be a violation of free will and go against what God is.
If God intervene in every act, and he would have to do that to be consistent, then no act of free will would exist, especially love.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Nessa wrote:I've just watched the movie...

Mixed feelings. Some parts did make me cry. I think there is something of God in it. It has unusual depth for a Christian movie.

But I do still feel its twisted in certain places. For example when mac dams the muderer to hell but 'God' says something like 'He's my son as well and I want him to have redemption'

Now is he really God's son before he is redeemed?

The bible makes it clear we are born dead in our transgressions and we were once enemies of God..

Haven't seen the movie yet BUT Yes, God wants us all to be redeemed BUT it is up to us to accept Our Lord.
God wants even the worse of us to be redeemed even if he knows that not all will be because they choose to deny Him.
Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Until the moment we die their is chance for redemption, but we have to choose it.

The underlining message that God was trying to make Mack understand is that humans have free will and God does NOT interfere in that and because of free will human will do horrific things and God "can't" stop them because that would be a violation of free will and go against what God is.
If God intervene in every act, and he would have to do that to be consistent, then no act of free will would exist, especially love.
On a side note, why were the angels doomed? They are creation too. Is is bc they were in the presence of God and had no excuse, while man was more ignorant?
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

PaulSacramento wrote: Even the worse of us are still His children in the sense that ALL are His creation.
Really?

John 8:44-45 King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Even the Devil was God's son.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

PaulSacramento wrote:Even the Devil was God's son.
so satan and jesus are brothers..

isnt that a bit Mormon-ish?

Please note I have started a new thread on this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=41849
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I see that legalized recreational LSD has made its way to the Toronto area.

:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

I think you guys are petty-fogging the distinction between child and creation.

Naturally though, I dont think my parents have ever referred to me as their "creation" :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

a creation does not necessarily equal a child
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Nessa wrote:

You aren't imply that Jesus is a created being are you?

Jesus as God the Son is not the same as Son of God, even Adham was called "son of God", that doesn't make Adham and Jesus brothers does it?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

All right, lets address this then:
“My words are alive and dynamic-full of life and possibility; yours are dead, full of law and fear and judgment. That is why you won’t find the word responsibility in the Scriptures,” God the Father tells Phillips in the story (page 205).
“Honey, I’ve never placed an expectation on you or anyone else. The idea behind expectations requires that someone does not know the future or outcome and is trying to control behavior to get the desired result,” Papa reiterates (page 206).
“Mackenzie, evil is a word we use to describe the absence of good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of light or death to describe the absence of life. Both evil and darkness can only be understood in relation to light and good; they do not have any actual existence,” God the Father outlines (page 136).
“I have followers who were murderers and many who were self-righteous. Some are bankers and bookies, Americans and Iraqis, Jews and Palestinians. I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my Papa, into my brothers and sisters, into My beloved,” Jesus tells Phillips (page 182).
“In Jesus, I have forgiven all humans for their sins against Me, but only some choose relationship,” Papa states (page 225).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I wonder if he has "renounced" all the money he made from the book?

It's interesting that he also sees a universalist message.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Nessa wrote:

You aren't imply that Jesus is a created being are you?

Jesus as God the Son is not the same as Son of God, even Adham was called "son of God", that doesn't make Adham and Jesus brothers does it?
I think Nessa was pointing out the obvious Mormon ties to the term. Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are brothers.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, a lot of people think their brother is a devil - maybe not THE devil, but I digress.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Well, a lot of people think their brother is a devil - maybe not THE devil, but I digress.
Little girls are the devil.

http://youtu.be/xlWgF8dqneg

-Edward R Murrow