God as a big black woman

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God as a big black woman

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I've not seen this movie. But ANY movie or art form, no matter how well intentioned, that distorts or denies key, important theological truths, is bad! All lies work better hidden with a coating of honey and a sprinkling of truth.
Now that's a little rough Philip. Let's at least give them credit for using an Israeli actor to play Jesus!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Thread reminds me of this funny joke I heard from Joel Osteen once :lol:

claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

I'd only make sense if the women was played by Tyler Perry, so we could still call it "Father"!

Madea IS GOD! :P
sharleea
Newbie Member

Post by sharleea »

I've always made jokes about this and now it's a movie. Far out! First off, I have to explain why I think God may be a woman....first off, (I am a woman) I believe that women have the ability to be very evil. Men are men. They are plan and simple. But us women are a whole another thing! Women are thinkers and they come up with some pretty mean stuff when they want to. With that being said, the devil must be a woman. What about that part where it says the devil thought "he" was prettier than God? And this is why "he" became the devil. Man wouldn't care and he sure wouldn't use prettier. But for a woman to go up against another woman who is the top dog and say they thought they were "better" than her?! That woman would go to hell. Which she did. Now for God being black...all us whites in the religious circuit have always made God out to be white. For God to be black...we can't have that! Blacks are for being made as slaves, in the old days! So it would serve us right if God is black. I hope God is just to get all these so called Christians to really open their eyes. Boy, the hypocrites in churches would about go potty if they die and find out God is black. What would they say to God then? Oh, ah, sorry. I thought you were going to be white. Oops, I goofed. Black Gods reply "so now what do I do with you? Do yo have a problem with me being black? I know you do. So what am I to do with you?" God is God. He might be a she. Or worse yet, a tranny! LOL God may be black, green, pink, rainbow, who knows what color and why should it even matter? If a person is a true Christian it shouldn't matter now or after you die as to what God really is. God might end up being a big blob for all we know. But that God is PURE LOVE and loves each and every person no matter what we look like. And this is the whole point of being a Christian is to follow in God's footsteps. IF you are capable of that then sex, size, color, age, looks, doesn't matter either. To become more of a Christian you need to be able to throw out any prejudges you have about anyone. Because to God it doesn't matter. So why is everyone making such a big deal over that movie? Let it go, enjoy the movie for what it is, and don't let it bother you. I know God is ok with the movie. He has humor. He understands. He or she is probably up there saying "hey, that's not a bad idea for the Christian hypocrites! I can't wait to see their expressions when they first see me as a big black woman! It's going to be priceless!" God will present to us in any form that God wants us to see. God has the ability to look different for each and every person. So be careful what you think God isn't! She just might throw a wrench in your spokes to make you wake up! If I were God that's what I'd do.
It would simplify my job as to who gets to stay and Heaven with me.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Sharleea: I've always made jokes about this and now it's a movie. Far out! First off, I have to explain why I think God may be a woman....first off, (I am a woman) I believe that women have the ability to be very evil.
God is not a woman - across Scripture He self-identifies as a male. However, when He created man in His own image (according to the Bible), He also them male and female. This means that God poured the various aspects of His attributes into BOTH sexes - which is why, with each sex, there are individuals who have a mixture or extremes of those attributes. But as for the ROLES of men and women, God has told us that there are differences in His purposes for them. Note that He did not create some sexless creatures that were all the same - He made clear differences with clear tendencies in the sexes of each. Note also that He chose the male sex for certain aspects of leadership - head of the family, key leaders in His Church. Curious, is it not, that He chose not one female apostle. Scripture regulates all of the leadership roles for the Church to men - which has not one thing to do with their capabilities or any sense that they are intellectually or ability wise inferior. The sexes are equal in these areas.
Sharleea: Now for God being black...all us whites in the religious circuit have always made God out to be white. For God to be black...we can't have that! Blacks are for being made as slaves, in the old days! So it would serve us right if God is black. I hope God is just to get all these so called Christians to really open their eyes.
Not only is God not black, He's not white, asian, etc. - He is "spirit." However, per His Incarnation as Jesus, He took on the physicality of a human male - which Jesus was physically resurrected as, and as He STILL is. So whatever and ancient Jew's resurrection body looks like - that's the "cloak" Jesus inhabits. But Jesus, also God, without the coat of humanity he WEARS, is also, like the Father and Holy Spirit - is SPIRIT - this is what the New Testament teaches.
Sharleea: If a person is a true Christian it shouldn't matter now or after you die as to what God really is. God might end up being a big blob for all we know. But that God is PURE LOVE and loves each and every person no matter what we look like.
It SHOULD matter to us that God is the way He truly is. Just imagine if He were NOT a God of love, if He were instead and viewed mankind - as like the gods of the Greeks and Romans - impersonally, and as mere pawns for petty amusement. And so we should accept God as He actually is, AND as He's described Himself. We don't get to create God as we desire Him - but only as He truly IS. Also, Scripture teaches that God NEVER changes Who or What He is. So all of the silly human politics over whatever physical attributes God has is beyond silly - it's also Biblically ignorant.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

sharleea wrote:I've always made jokes about this and now it's a movie. Far out! First off, I have to explain why I think God may be a woman....first off, (I am a woman) I believe that women have the ability to be very evil. Men are men. They are plan and simple. But us women are a whole another thing! Women are thinkers and they come up with some pretty mean stuff when they want to. With that being said, the devil must be a woman. What about that part where it says the devil thought "he" was prettier than God? And this is why "he" became the devil. Man wouldn't care and he sure wouldn't use prettier. But for a woman to go up against another woman who is the top dog and say they thought they were "better" than her?! That woman would go to hell. Which she did. Now for God being black...all us whites in the religious circuit have always made God out to be white. For God to be black...we can't have that! Blacks are for being made as slaves, in the old days! So it would serve us right if God is black. I hope God is just to get all these so called Christians to really open their eyes. Boy, the hypocrites in churches would about go potty if they die and find out God is black. What would they say to God then? Oh, ah, sorry. I thought you were going to be white. Oops, I goofed. Black Gods reply "so now what do I do with you? Do yo have a problem with me being black? I know you do. So what am I to do with you?" God is God. He might be a she. Or worse yet, a tranny! LOL God may be black, green, pink, rainbow, who knows what color and why should it even matter? If a person is a true Christian it shouldn't matter now or after you die as to what God really is. God might end up being a big blob for all we know. But that God is PURE LOVE and loves each and every person no matter what we look like. And this is the whole point of being a Christian is to follow in God's footsteps. IF you are capable of that then sex, size, color, age, looks, doesn't matter either. To become more of a Christian you need to be able to throw out any prejudges you have about anyone. Because to God it doesn't matter. So why is everyone making such a big deal over that movie? Let it go, enjoy the movie for what it is, and don't let it bother you. I know God is ok with the movie. He has humor. He understands. He or she is probably up there saying "hey, that's not a bad idea for the Christian hypocrites! I can't wait to see their expressions when they first see me as a big black woman! It's going to be priceless!" God will present to us in any form that God wants us to see. God has the ability to look different for each and every person. So be careful what you think God isn't! She just might throw a wrench in your spokes to make you wake up! If I were God that's what I'd do.
God cannot be a woman, because women are the weaker sex. :fyi:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Didn't God make sandwiches for everyone once? Old Style sandwiches, lifting up empty basket to the heavens? Maybe this is evidence Christ was a woman in a man's body? y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Didn't God make sandwiches for everyone once? Old Style sandwiches, lifting up empty basket to the heavens? Maybe this is evidence Christ was a woman in a man's body? y:-?
No, that was loaves of bread. And fish. Men are good at fishing.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote: Men are good at fishing.
And oystering. I like oysters.
Especially fried and with ketchup.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
sharleea wrote:I've always made jokes about this and now it's a movie. Far out! First off, I have to explain why I think God may be a woman....first off, (I am a woman) I believe that women have the ability to be very evil. Men are men. They are plan and simple. But us women are a whole another thing! Women are thinkers and they come up with some pretty mean stuff when they want to. With that being said, the devil must be a woman. What about that part where it says the devil thought "he" was prettier than God? And this is why "he" became the devil. Man wouldn't care and he sure wouldn't use prettier. But for a woman to go up against another woman who is the top dog and say they thought they were "better" than her?! That woman would go to hell. Which she did. Now for God being black...all us whites in the religious circuit have always made God out to be white. For God to be black...we can't have that! Blacks are for being made as slaves, in the old days! So it would serve us right if God is black. I hope God is just to get all these so called Christians to really open their eyes. Boy, the hypocrites in churches would about go potty if they die and find out God is black. What would they say to God then? Oh, ah, sorry. I thought you were going to be white. Oops, I goofed. Black Gods reply "so now what do I do with you? Do yo have a problem with me being black? I know you do. So what am I to do with you?" God is God. He might be a she. Or worse yet, a tranny! LOL God may be black, green, pink, rainbow, who knows what color and why should it even matter? If a person is a true Christian it shouldn't matter now or after you die as to what God really is. God might end up being a big blob for all we know. But that God is PURE LOVE and loves each and every person no matter what we look like. And this is the whole point of being a Christian is to follow in God's footsteps. IF you are capable of that then sex, size, color, age, looks, doesn't matter either. To become more of a Christian you need to be able to throw out any prejudges you have about anyone. Because to God it doesn't matter. So why is everyone making such a big deal over that movie? Let it go, enjoy the movie for what it is, and don't let it bother you. I know God is ok with the movie. He has humor. He understands. He or she is probably up there saying "hey, that's not a bad idea for the Christian hypocrites! I can't wait to see their expressions when they first see me as a big black woman! It's going to be priceless!" God will present to us in any form that God wants us to see. God has the ability to look different for each and every person. So be careful what you think God isn't! She just might throw a wrench in your spokes to make you wake up! If I were God that's what I'd do.
God cannot be a woman, because women are the weaker sex. :fyi:
God is gender neutral, though refers to God as masculine usually because men are and usually were the head of the house. Doesn't mean women or men are superior or inferior to each other it just means there's a complementary balance of who does what.
In some passages God is referred to in feminine terms Ps 131:2-3 Is 49:14-15