Popularity of Non-Christians Wearing Crosses

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Popularity of Non-Christians Wearing Crosses

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:We're listing people whose economic advice is worth following.So like, get with the program already.
I think Caesar Millan could give excellent advice on how to succeed in the world but he's a big Zero in the spiritual arena, what with his temple to Buddha at his kennel. y8-}

Anyway, what does this have to do with the biblical injunction against Christians having yachts? I really wish we'd stay on topic.)

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Audie wrote:We're listing people whose economic advice is worth following.So like, get with the program already.
I think Caesar Millan could give excellent advice on how to succeed in the world but he's a big Zero in the spiritual arena, what with his temple to Buddha at his kennel. y8-}

Anyway, what does this have to do with the biblical injunction against Christians having yachts? I really wish we'd stay on topic.)

FL
I was, its that other, that guy who!!!

Do you feel the specific request Jesus is said to have made of certain persons can or should apply to us all?

See, I give very substantially to charity. Say, the 15,000 USD I gave to typhoon relief in Philippines.

Now, lets say I converted all I have beyond basic necessities to give it all to the needy.

Does that make me a better person? I'll never have much to give, ever again.

The world is a better place because my assets are now in other corporate hands?

Better if corporations are liquidated, assets and workers scattered?

I cant be millionaire times x and be a Christian too? Not that I'm a Christian,
not that I even earned what I own, but I seek clarification here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:

FL
I was, its that other, that guy who!!!

Do you feel the specific request Jesus is said to have made of certain persons can or should apply to us all?

See, I give very substantially to charity. Say, the 15,000 USD I gave to typhoon relief in Philippines.

Now, lets say I converted all I have beyond basic necessities to give it all to the needy.

Does that make me a better person? I'll never have much to give, ever again.

The world is a better place because my assets are now in other corporate hands?

Better if corporations are liquidated, assets and workers scattered?

I cant be millionaire times x and be a Christian too? Not that I'm a Christian,
not that I even earned what I own, but I seek clarification here.
Audie,

Just between you and me, and before FL goes on and on, he's joking about the biblical injunction that Christians can't have yachts.

But please don't tell FL. I don't want to ruin his fun.

And Audie,

Once you get to know FL, you'll know when he's joking(most of the time), and when he's not(rarely).
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Audie,Just between you and me, and before FL goes on and on, he's joking about the biblical injunction that Christians can't have yachts.
Well, that's just your literalistic interpretation, Mister Moderator. Did Jesus not say, "...Come with Me and I will make you fishers of men" What does that imply??? THEY HAD YACHTS! Did they go yachting again while He was with them? NO! But after His death, they went back to yachting, only to stop when He showed up on the beach and cooked them breakfast. After that event, they stopped yachting and went BY FOOT to spread the Gospel. I seriously doubt they trailered their yachts behind them on these missionary journeys.

Moreover, who owns yachts? THE RICH! y#-o Did Jesus not also say, "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom" ??? Well, Mister Moderator, what if that rich man tries to bring his YACHT into heaven??? If he can't get his camel through the gate* do you really think he should be worried about his yacht???

That's the problem with you literalistic Bible interpreters! You can't see the deepest hidden meaning of the Scriptures.
Audie wrote:Do you feel the specific request Jesus is said to have made of certain persons can or should apply to us all?
Yes, to all of us, dearest Chinadoll. To all of us except the Prophet Benny Hinn.

FL

*I have a great teaching on camels & heaven but this isn't the place or time.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FL wrote:
Yes, to all of us, dearest Chinadoll. To all of us except the Prophet Benny Hinn.
Seeing "prophet" and "Benny Hinn" in the same sentence made me giggle.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:Audie,Just between you and me, and before FL goes on and on, he's joking about the biblical injunction that Christians can't have yachts.
Well, that's just your literalistic interpretation, Mister Moderator. Did Jesus not say, "...Come with Me and I will make you fishers of men" What does that imply???
I thought the true meaning was that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage? Am I wrong??
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:I thought the true meaning was that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage? Am I wrong??
The beauty of the allegorical method of biblical interpretation is that God can speak to you in the moment and pervert infuse the Text with a fresh, vibrant, and socially-responsible message!

Threfore, there is nothing wrong with gay marriage as long as the ceremony is not performed aboard a YACHT.

FL :samen:

+ + +

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Well, that's just your literalistic interpretation, Mister Moderator. Did Jesus not say, "...Come with Me and I will make you fishers of men" What does that imply??? THEY HAD YACHTS! Did they go yachting again while He was with them? NO! But after His death, they went back to yachting, only to stop when He showed up on the beach and cooked them breakfast. After that event, they stopped yachting and went BY FOOT to spread the Gospel. I seriously doubt they trailered their yachts behind them on these missionary journeys.

Moreover, who owns yachts? THE RICH! y#-o Did Jesus not also say, "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom" ??? Well, Mister Moderator, what if that rich man tries to bring his YACHT into heaven??? If he can't get his camel through the gate* do you really think he should be worried about his yacht???

That's the problem with you literalistic Bible interpreters! You can't see the deepest hidden meaning of the Scriptures.
Audie wrote:Do you feel the specific request Jesus is said to have made of certain persons can or should apply to us all?

FL

*I have a great teaching on camels & heaven but this isn't the place or time.
What one of us failed to take into account is that I am an excitable sort.
FlawedIntellect
Established Member

Post by FlawedIntellect »

This sort of thing happens when a bunch of people with different personalities all have a conversation together. Misunderstandings are bound to happen. Sometimes I still have a hard time telling when FL is joking and when he isn't. And Rick is almost always being silly, to the point where some of his jokes really strike a nerve. (Though he makes a serious comment from time to time.) Anyway... the FL post directly above yours, Audie, is clearly a joke.

I'm not going to explain why, but it should be obvious.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

FlawedIntellect wrote:This sort of thing happens when a bunch of people with different personalities all have a conversation together. Misunderstandings are bound to happen. Sometimes I still have a hard time telling when FL is joking and when he isn't. And Rick is almost always being silly, to the point where some of his jokes really strike a nerve. (Though he makes a serious comment from time to time.) Anyway... the FL post directly above yours, Audie, is clearly a joke.

But, there's always truth to every joke.
With FL his jokes are nearly always meant as truth cloaked within a joke.
So there is only a misunderstanding with those who take his jokes as non-serious and think he's only serious from time to time.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
FlawedIntellect wrote:This sort of thing happens when a bunch of people with different personalities all have a conversation together. Misunderstandings are bound to happen. Sometimes I still have a hard time telling when FL is joking and when he isn't. And Rick is almost always being silly, to the point where some of his jokes really strike a nerve. (Though he makes a serious comment from time to time.) Anyway... the FL post directly above yours, Audie, is clearly a joke.

So there is only a misunderstanding with those who take his jokes as non-serious and think he's only serious from time to time.
And the fact that you didn't say that about my jokes, just shows that I'm much better than FL at hiding my real intentions. :twisted:

Oops...I mean my jokes are only jokes...they aren't meant to masquerade the truth.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

And the fact that you didn't say that about my jokes, just shows that I'm much better than FL at hiding my real intentions. :twisted:

Oops...I mean my jokes are only jokes...they aren't meant to masquerade the truth.
:crying: So you do think I am feminine!?
I better watch myself around you. :knitting:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

No, that was actually just a joke. I think. y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

So is overinterpreting a fashion thing. Makes people look even more shallow and silly than the
Trendy ones. And that takes a bit of doing.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:So is overinterpreting a fashion thing. Makes people look even more shallow and silly than the
Trendy ones. And that takes a bit of doing.
You mean like all men who wear skinny jeans, are homosexuals?

-Edward R Murrow