Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Servant
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

Post by Servant »

Starhunter wrote:Melanie, you are well informed, thanks for extra knowledge on this topic.
Yes, she knows some of the things of this world. But does our sister know some of the things of God, such as His Spirit?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Servant wrote:...A quote from Catholic Saints Information, "The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power". Divinity means of, or pertaining to "the Holy Trinity". The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Holy Trinity. To avoid confusion, this is the Halo, I will be referring to.

If we are to understand the Spirit of God, we are not to look to the things of this world, such as the occult and other religions, etc. I look to scripture for answers,...most likely the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Jesus appeared as a Halo, and as such, the Christian Halo most likely can be found in scripture. We search our hearts and scripture for truth and not the things of this world. If you choose to believe the things of this world, than you needn't believe me. Few people can truly understand the Spirit of God. The Christian should not allow themselves to be confused by the world.
Acts 17:11, These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

1 Th 5:21, Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Col 2:18, Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind

All we can say is for you to be careful as 2 Co 11:14 indeed happens.

In my opinion, after reading your post on this subject, is that you appear obsessed with halos - orbs. In this please ask yourself if this subject maybe has become somewhat of an idol to you personally. There are incidences of ministers in the past having halos during the 1946-1960 era, however, these folks drifted away from Christ and ended up teaching some very whacked out heresy. Again, all we can say to you, is to be careful and do not make these things a litmus test for Christian faith.

Have a nice day... :wave:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Servant wrote:
Starhunter wrote:Melanie, you are well informed, thanks for extra knowledge on this topic.
Yes, she knows some of the things of this world. But does our sister know some of the things of God, such as His Spirit?
Servant twice now you have made this statement in regards to halo's "the Christian Halo most likely can be found in scripture"
Most likely, what because you would like it too or because it actually truly is?
I can tell you what I do know, that it is NOT found anyway in scripture.
I tell you what, stop using 'most likely', pull out your bible, if you own one, and read it and show me any evidence of a Halo anywhere in the Word of God. I think that is a good way to start, you can't assume it's in the bible it actually has to be, so back up your claim with some scriptural evidence.
Servant
Familiar Member

Post by Servant »

B. W. wrote:You know servant, I am nearsighted and when viewing the world a night without my glasses all the street lights and headlights and all lights look like orbs to me. Optics are a what they are and camera lenses can take light and make orbs. Also documented in cases, dust too can appear as orbs and move like them.

Also, next, the occult uses orbs as well too and often defines these as helpers or spirit helpers. Shamans conjure these up to serve them and they boast how many spirits they have compared to other shamans. I would be very careful about these manifestations and recall the bible says we are to test all things - so test these. If you do, how do you test them - can I ask?

Some folks say that some orbs maybe of angelic manifestation and if a true angel of God one would never let anyone fixate on them, or worship them, obsess on them, or use them for ones personal champion. So please be cautious.
-
-
-
My heart goes out to you about your eye problems. I have eye problems myself.

Yes, camera len's can make light, and dust can appear as orbs as well. But I'm not referring to those orbs here. I'm referring to supernatural orbs.

Brother, the lies about the Holy Spirit are of this world and not of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can they know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Hence, we need to search scripture for the truth about the Holy Spirit.

If you must know why the orbs are witnessed in the occult and such practices. Temporal punishment comes to us through the Holy Spirit. This can be seen in scripture as longsuffering. Some Christians understand longsuffering to mean patience. Others, such as myself, understand it in it's literal since. The Holy Spirit is god and it is His sovereign throne to punish man. And, so you may say, "temporal punishment comes from God". It is true, the Holy Spirit comes from God.

Realize this, that if you test the orb, you are testing god, the Holy Spirit. It is written that we do not test our God. And we do not test the Holy Spirit either.

We are all little children of God and as such, some have their little fantasies of orbs being angels. Peace.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Servant wrote:
B. W. wrote:You know servant, I am nearsighted and when viewing the world a night without my glasses all the street lights and headlights and all lights look like orbs to me. Optics are a what they are and camera lenses can take light and make orbs. Also documented in cases, dust too can appear as orbs and move like them.

Also, next, the occult uses orbs as well too and often defines these as helpers or spirit helpers. Shamans conjure these up to serve them and they boast how many spirits they have compared to other shamans. I would be very careful about these manifestations and recall the bible says we are to test all things - so test these. If you do, how do you test them - can I ask?

Some folks say that some orbs maybe of angelic manifestation and if a true angel of God one would never let anyone fixate on them, or worship them, obsess on them, or use them for ones personal champion. So please be cautious.
-
-
-
My heart goes out to you about your eye problems. I have eye problems myself.

Yes, camera len's can make light, and dust can appear as orbs as well. But I'm not referring to those orbs here. I'm referring to supernatural orbs.

Brother, the lies about the Holy Spirit are of this world and not of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can they know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Hence, we need to search scripture for the truth about the Holy Spirit.

If you must know why the orbs are witnessed in the occult and such practices. Temporal punishment comes to us through the Holy Spirit. This can be seen in scripture as longsuffering. Some Christians understand longsuffering to mean patience. Others, such as myself, understand it in it's literal since. The Holy Spirit is god and it is His sovereign throne to punish man. And, so you may say, "temporal punishment comes from God". It is true, the Holy Spirit comes from God.

Realize this, that if you test the orb, you are testing god, the Holy Spirit. It is written that we do not test our God. And we do not test the Holy Spirit either.

We are all little children of God and as such, some have their little fantasies of orbs being angels. Peace.
I admire your honesty and candor in what you believe. All we are saying is please be careful about assuming all orbs are the Holy Spirit. I know the Holy Spirit, and teach on many things about him, his works, and giftings, etc. Orbs are not the criteria for truth. These do not testify of Jesus 100 percent of the time but rather have folks follow phenomenon and leave the truth behind. So again, please be careful and note the work of the Holy Spirit indeed testifies of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, please let us know what you know of the Holy Spirit, his role and work in our lives as that is what the focus should be about, and not orbs.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Servant
Familiar Member

Post by Servant »

My face may not grace the minds of everyone in the world. But I do have my Father's eyes.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Servant wrote:My face may not grace the minds of everyone in the world. But I do have my Father's eyes.
Well that is good to know. However, here is a far better prayer for you to take up:

Heavenly Father, grant me to look through the eyes of grace and endure what I see...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

This is under Christian Theology and at best the OP has taken great liberty with this subject. I see nothing of theological value and this is bordering on aberrant in terms of subject matter.

Just my opinion, but we really need to reign in some of this on the forum. This is primarily a discussion forum for an apologetics web page. Again, just my thoughts, but I think some of this is getting out there and may be detracting from the overall purpose and mission of this board.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Well, talking about orbs and halos, I rahther move it to General Chat.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Servant wrote:
It is biblical to question what you're saying, and to test the spirits.

1John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hana,

Thank you for moving this topic to a more appropriate forum.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:Hana,

I moved more topics from Theology forum. Kind of cleaning it.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:

Cleaning? It's good to see a woman knows her place. :fryingpan: :cheeking: :giverose: :dig:

-Edward R Murrow

Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

B. W. wrote: Therefore, please let us know what you know of the Holy Spirit, his role and work in our lives as that is what the focus should be about, and not orbs.
The above comment by BW is confirmed by the following text John 16:13, 14 KJV "...for He (the Holy Spirit) shall not speak of Himself..." but "He shall glorify Me (Christ)..."

If these manifestations were the work of the Holy Spirit, we would get a clearer understanding of Christ and the atonement?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:

Cleaning? It's good to see a woman knows her place. :fryingpan: :cheeking: :giverose: :dig:
How come you can make a joke and everybody still loves you, but when I make the same distasteful & stupid joke, everybody hates me? Why does nobody love me? It isn't fair!

GOD IS UNFAIR!

:crying: :crying: FL :crying: :crying:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +