US adults are dumber than the average human

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Re: US adults are dumber than the average human

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

I roared laughing! Thanks for posting/sending ! I like dual citizenship myself. Oh Canada, Terre de nos ayeux (spelling?)...
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Hey, lay off Peyton, we were schoolmates.

He definately is smarter than the average human. He took more than a full load while in college, graduated early, honor roll, and came back for his senior year turning down NFL money.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:Hey, lay off Peyton, we were schoolmates.

He definately is smarter than the average human. He took more than a full load while in college, graduated early, honor roll, and came back for his senior year turning down NFL money.
Peyton is without a doubt, THE best regular season QB of all-time.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:I roared laughing! Thanks for posting/sending ! I like dual citizenship myself. Oh Canada, Terre de nos ayeux (spelling?)...
That would be aïeux which is oldish French for ancestors. Now that Canada is newly part of North America, what are the chances we'll see you visiting Canada's National Igloo?

FL :pound:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

God Bless America! Jesus was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald in the Middle Ages:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyQ2JnCdSk4

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:God Bless America! Jesus was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald in the Middle Ages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyQ2JnCdSk4

It's official, US adults are dumber than the average one celled amoeba.

I did learn something from that video that I didn't know before. AD stands for "after death".

Holy crap are Americans stupid!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I just watched another of that guy's videos. He thought he was more intelligent that his interviewees, when they didn't know the price that one ounce of gold was trading for. When one guy got the question wrong, the brilliant interviewer offered him a "consolidation" prize. It seems even the interviewer is dumber than the average amoeba! :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: When one guy got the question wrong, the brilliant interviewer offered him a "consolidation" prize. It seems even the interviewer is dumber than the average amoeba! :pound:
My guess is that ''consolidation'' prize was part of the joke: he was making even more fun of his victim.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote: When one guy got the question wrong, the brilliant interviewer offered him a "consolidation" prize. It seems even the interviewer is dumber than the average amoeba! :pound:
My guess is that ''consolidation'' prize was part of the joke: he was making even more fun of his victim.

FL
You be the judge. It's the first person, right around 50 seconds into the video. Doesn't seem like part of the joke.
http://youtu.be/WAaVK5AkZzI

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: You be the judge. It's the first person, right around 50 seconds into the video. Doesn't seem like part of the joke.
Well...I guess you are right...again. Are you sure you're not Canadian? You seem too smart to be American. Come clean, Ricky. Tell us the truth.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote: You be the judge. It's the first person, right around 50 seconds into the video. Doesn't seem like part of the joke.
Well...I guess you are right...again. Are you sure you're not Canadian? You seem too smart to be American. Come clean, Ricky. Tell us the truth.

FL
I took a Canadian iq test and scored in the 5th percentile. I'm too dumb to be a Canadian. I'm just an average, slightly smarter than an amoeba, American.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:I took a Canadian iq test and scored in the 5th percentile. I'm too dumb to be a Canadian. I'm just an average, slightly smarter than an amoeba, American.
In all honesty, Canadians are a pretty ignorant lot...very similar to Americans. The only reason the average Canadian has a more rounded education than the average Gringo, is that we have many immigrants from North Africa, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, China, and South America. Most of these people arrive here very well educated, even though they end up doing menial jobs.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

The high school class I attended in Ottawa was like the UN, it was so diverse. Being required from kindergarten to 13th grade (Yes! there is such a thing there as grade 13.) to learn French, because there are two official languages in Canada, was a good thing. I wish there was more emphasis at an early stage on learning languages in USA.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:The high school class I attended in Ottawa was like the UN, it was so diverse. Being required from kindergarten to 13th grade (Yes! there is such a thing there as grade 13.) to learn French, because there are two official languages in Canada, was a good thing. I wish there was more emphasis at an early stage on learning languages in USA.
I wish thar wuz mor empasiz on the English langwidge from an urly stage in USA. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

HUGE problem, less and less quality, detailed and reliable news sources - AND so many have the attention span of a flea that they aren't even paying attention to even the few media sources that are reasonably good ones. So, most get their news - that is IF they even watch or read them - from sound-bite, online short analyses of dubious value and sources. And as much of the media is a brain-dead as their audiences, I'd say global warming (oops, I mean, Climate Change) and N. Korea might be lesser threats. This is how we ended up with the "Fourth Stooge" in the White House. And, yes, legalizing Mary Jane needs to be a HIGH priority! :roll: