What are your jobs?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

What are your jobs?

Post by Dallas »

As I look throughout this forum, you are very educated people; almost Doctor like, to me at least. So it raises a question, what are your jobs? Are some of you in ministry, just an average worker, or what?
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: What are your jobs?

Post by Silvertusk »

I'm a teacher of computing and ICT at a comprehensive school.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Projects director for a financial (banking) software company.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I work for the DOD(Department of Defense). I can't tell you any more than that, or I'd have to kill you. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Dallas wrote:As I look throughout this forum, you are very educated people; almost Doctor like, to me at least. So it raises a question, what are your jobs? Are some of you in ministry, just an average worker, or what?
I'm an 'or what'.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

BavarianWheels wrote:
Dallas wrote:As I look throughout this forum, you are very educated people; almost Doctor like, to me at least. So it raises a question, what are your jobs? Are some of you in ministry, just an average worker, or what?
I'm an 'or what'.
How much does that pay? :)

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Dallas wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
I'm an 'or what'.
How much does that pay? :)
Just a hair above CA minimum wage.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Full-time university student, myself.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I work with fluid transfer systems, petro chemical, industrial chemical, agricultural etc....

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Don't worry. I'm a big dummy, not ''Doctor like'' at all. If I told you what I did for a living, I'd lose all credibility... y:o)

...on the other hand, maybe we could turn this into a contest! If you guess my job, I will mail to you - postage paid and anywhere in the world - my mint copy of Cabinet of Catholic Information as well as another 100+ year old book here in my library.

Here's a hint:

Today I visited:

-a convent with real nuns,
-a gay bar specializing in drag queens,
-a university faculty of economics.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Don't worry. I'm a big dummy, not ''Doctor like'' at all. If I told you what I did for a living, I'd lose all credibility... y:o)

...on the other hand, maybe we could turn this into a contest! If you guess my job, I will mail to you - postage paid and anywhere in the world - my mint copy of Cabinet of Catholic Information as well as another 100+ year old book here in my library.

Here's a hint:

Today I visited:

FL
Okay, Here I go. Are you a janitor? :)

Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I'm a full time university student and part time IT Intern at a hospital.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dallas wrote:
As I look throughout this forum, you are very educated people; almost Doctor like, to me at least. So it raises a question, what are your jobs? Are some of you in ministry, just an average worker, or what?

Don't worry. I'm a big dummy, not ''Doctor like'' at all. If I told you what I did for a living, I'd lose all credibility...

Here's a hint:

Today I visited:

FL
I got it, I got it! I want that book. You're a traveling salesman!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:I got it, I got it! I want that book. You're a traveling salesman!
I was a traveling salesman about 15 years ago.

It occurs to me that I need an overseer for this contest; someone who will not participate and will know what I do. Just to ensure fairness.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Dallas wrote:Okay, Here I go. Are you a janitor?
Nope. I've never been a janitor. Not a job I'd like either. I have a cleaning lady at home.

FL

+ + +

+ + +