Pet peeves

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Pet peeves

Post by DannyM »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I have no problem with you expressing appreciation for your country as it is at the moment.
What does this even mean?
I don't understand how you can compare a loving grandmother to an unfeeling nation but if your analogy moves you, what can I say?
My grandmother is dead and buried. What's the problem? I'm just following your line of thought here, not mine. Do you mean something different by "dead and buried"?
I did not say that history means nothing. You are putting words into my mouth!
That is the logical conclusion from your words. Not my problem. Sometimes it is fruitful for one to think before one speaks.
perhaps your deduction came from a sense of hurt, wounded pride.
Nope. More speculation on your part. This is fun. I love talking with people who don't even know what they're fighting for.
Here is what I think: History is very important, pride is always evil, thankfulness is beneficial.
Here's what I think: that sentance is meaningles, and just adds to your obfuscation. I'm proud of my son. Wow, he's such a looker, and so clever, and so intuitive. And I'm proud that he looks like me... I guess I'm evil; alas I am not, and you are far beyond confused.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Sorry Danny, I think you are just angry. I don't see any point in discussing this further.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Sorry Danny, I think you are just angry. I don't see any point in discussing this further.
FL, what must I do to convince you I am not angry? y>:D< 8-}2 :wave: :lol: ;) :) How's that?

You have produced not one rational reason for anti-patriotism. Not my problem, Bro. If I am forthright it is because I am trying to push you for a coherent argument for anti-patriotism. Fact is, FL, you don’t like patriotism without being able to articulate why.

And we have the obligatory reference to 'anger'… Very cheap. You’ve produced nothing more than the sneering anti-patriotism I am used to. Shame, Bro, big shame
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

I like america..... It's pretty awesome...... ya.....
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Dallas
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

My number one pet peeve would be people who refuse to learn (ignorance).
and another thing is...
People who talk down about other religions both religious people and athiest.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.