Hello

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Hello

Post by Proinsias »

Hi and welcome Johnny.

Where in the world are you?
Johnny916
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Johnny916 »

Thanks! I'm from Sacramento, Cal.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I totally agree Gman, as a person with Jewsish heratige myself i know how anti-Semetic some Christains can be and in no way was i trying to be anti-semetic.
Oh sorry about that.. That's funny because both my great grandparents on both sides of my family were Jews too. I even got the nose to prove it. LOL
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I just worry that they are making a huge mistake by rejecting Jesus, but as fellow believers in God the Father i will stand by their side as i would do the same for a Christain.
Yes.. We need to give it time however.. Christianity in my book is actually Judaism. Yeshua (Jesus) and all the disciples were Jews. ALL of them to the core... Unfortunately when the gentiles got a hold of it they corrupted much of it with their pagan religion.

What I mean to say is that we have 2 thousand years of corruption to unwind. Therefore I really don't blame Jews for not identifying with it from the get go.. In fact I wouldn't know where to start except with an apology and forgiveness.. y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:Why do you guys support the state of Israel? I'm a Jew against Zionism. Yes, I know I would have to mention some time are another. As I mentioned before I'm very in-tune with my faith. Therefore I'm influenced by Jews who disagree with Zionism.
Not all of us are Zionists here.. But I'm a Christian Zionist. Why? Because we identify with the state of Israel our future and present homeland. In fact I would argue that much of scripture calls us to support Israel even if we aren't Jews..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Gman wrote:
Johnny916 wrote:Why do you guys support the state of Israel? I'm a Jew against Zionism. Yes, I know I would have to mention some time are another. As I mentioned before I'm very in-tune with my faith. Therefore I'm influenced by Jews who disagree with Zionism.
Not all of us are Zionists here.. But I'm a Christian Zionist. Why? Because we identify with the state of Israel our future and present homeland. In fact I would argue that much of scripture calls us to support Israel even if we aren't Jews..
Well, it is fun to debate. Have you ever visited this website before http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/? Agree or disagree; this is one of the sites that shapes my views on Zionism and why I should not support Zionism.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:
Gman wrote:
Well, it is fun to debate. Have you ever visited this website before http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/? Agree or disagree; this is one of the sites that shapes my views on Zionism and why I should not support Zionism.
Oh yes.. I'm well aware that not all Jews support Zionism. Many Jews call for Israel's destruction in fact.

I identify with Israel because I believe the Abrahamic land covenants are in full effect. Even today.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Sorry.. I didn't answer your question. I would disagree with your website.

Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Well give it a browse if you can.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:Well give it a browse if you can.
Will do but I'm pretty firm in my beliefs. I believe in the Jewish state.. With a full heart. I don't think that Zionism is a problem at all... It's a spiritual issue. Jews will be forever hunted down and killed even without a Zionist state. History has proven that..

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I totally agree Gman, as a person with Jewsish heratige myself i know how anti-Semetic some Christains can be and in no way was i trying to be anti-semetic.
Oh sorry about that.. That's funny because both my great grandparents on both sides of my family were Jews too. I even got the nose to prove it. LOL
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I just worry that they are making a huge mistake by rejecting Jesus, but as fellow believers in God the Father i will stand by their side as i would do the same for a Christain.
Yes.. We need to give it time however.. Christianity in my book is actually Judaism. Yeshua (Jesus) and all the disciples were Jews. ALL of them to the core... Unfortunately when the gentiles got a hold of it they corrupted much of it with their pagan religion.

What I mean to say is that we have 2 thousand years of corruption to unwind. Therefore I really don't blame Jews for not identifying with it from the get go.. In fact I wouldn't know where to start except with an apology and forgiveness.. y@};-
Bwahaha, yes i have the nose to prove it too, at scholl i had nicknames like Gonzo, snoz, snozton ( a play on words with my last name ), and many others but i took it all with good humor.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I understand. I'm influenced from the Messiah concept that the Messiah will lead the Jews back to the holy land.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Gman wrote:

Bwahaha, yes i have the nose to prove it too, at scholl i had nicknames like Gonzo, snoz, snozton ( a play on words with my last name ), and many others but i took it all with good humor.
It must run in the family. I have a long and crooked nose too. My mother, and youngest sister and I have long noses.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Gman wrote:
Johnny916 wrote:Well give it a browse if you can.
Will do but I'm pretty firm in my beliefs. I believe in the Jewish state.. With a full heart. I don't think that Zionism is a problem at all... It's a spiritual issue. Jews will be forever hunted down and killed even without a Zionist state. History has proven that..
And this is where i have found Christains to be anti-semetic ( not saying what you said is Gman ), they take the persecution of the Jews to mean that this is God's punishment on them which is incorrect.
I believe the persecution of the Jew's is the work of Satan, he wants to destroy God's people.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
I was always called birdman.. Or eagle beak. :mrgreen:

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:I understand. I'm influenced from the Messiah concept that the Messiah will lead the Jews back to the holy land.
Yes.. Ultimately. How? I'm not really sure except that they are moved in the spirit somehow.