Anime & Anime Images

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Anime & Anime Images

Post by Gabrielman »

J.Davis wrote:Ok Gab…I could Photoshop every last pic you know...JK :P ….but it was just for fun. And besides, cslewislover is an admin, she could photoshop my whole profile…LOL…don’t want to get on her bad side. Just pictures of anime characters my friend. It was never my intent to argue about women…just giving a shutout to my girl that’s all.
:P Yeah I know, lol just having fun! If I had more time we could really have fun, but work as picked up a bit :shock: still, yes photo shopping pics :mrgreen: hehehe oh the possibilities that could be had... (and I meant arguing in the anime sense, and I know it is all in fun, don't be too serious on me now) [and she would never abuse her powers like that.... right? :lol: *nervous laugh*....]
J.Davis wrote: That is Corel Paint Shop Pro but I also have Photoshop CS5, they are both cool.
Hm.... I have been thinking about different editors like that, but not sure what to get, or what can be afforded!
J.Davis wrote:
Thanks Gab! I definitely like the matching idea…It looks like several members changed their pictures. Or at least the whole Gab crew, I like the new looks.
Well I will see what can be found, I actually have an idea in mind for a back ground, not sure if it will clash though with your theme though.... but we shall see! And yeah, lots of changes to pics, still.... not sure what to do about the siggy, I actually like the one I have right now a lot, but I want more space with it, and a bit more zoomed out too....
J.Davis wrote:
Destroying atheists…. :amen: Brother…lol….So long as they come here with the intent to play games. I am going to take it slow with the animes…I haven’t heard of any of the ones on your list except for what you guys mentioned earlier. I’ll probably take a look at Solty Rei as it was highly recommended. I’ll get back to you guys on it….
Yeah oddly enough most of them just come on to make fun of us, not even making an attempt at a logical argument :? and yet for some reason they think they win.... http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 7&start=15 people like realist, for example. Of course I think we should try to lead the lost as well, lol but most of the atheists we get are like that.... and yes, you should take it slow with the animes, this thread will be around for awhile, well forever presumably, so no rush, lol just listing them. I myself have to re-watch many of them, so one step at a time!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:
J.Davis wrote:Ok Gab…I could Photoshop every last pic you know...JK :P ….but it was just for fun. And besides, cslewislover is an admin, she could photoshop my whole profile…LOL…don’t want to get on her bad side. Just pictures of anime characters my friend. It was never my intent to argue about women…just giving a shutout to my girl that’s all.
:P Yeah I know, lol just having fun! If I had more time we could really have fun, but work as picked up a bit :shock: still, yes photo shopping pics :mrgreen: hehehe oh the possibilities that could be had... (and I meant arguing in the anime sense, and I know it is all in fun, don't be too serious on me now) [and she would never abuse her powers like that.... right? :lol: *nervous laugh*....]
:evilnod:

@ JDavis - You meant "shoutout" I presume, right? Otherwise, I don't know, lol. Thanks for your encouraging assessment of my talents, J, and for yours too, of course, my wonderful (!). Yes, I'd like to try a Photoshop, and as I was just looking at them today I'd wondered which one you meant. Lol. Since GIMP is free, I was thinking of using that, but Nathaniel says it's really for other operating systems.

Hey J, you know, I never see Kenpachi with women . . . I'm not sure if he just hangs out with men, but Ichigo tells me the men like to hang around him. y:-?

Ahhh, Ichigo, by dream boat . . . y@};-
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Ngakunui
Established Member

Post by Ngakunui »

I don't mean to sound like a moderator, but since this topic is going so well in its current direction, perhaps you all could start a topic about drawing/animating anime? I'd, personally, like a topic where I could talk about drawing in the style. I know a thing or two about it, and I'd like to hear what others have to say about it. Maybe it's just because I have the worst time drawing in the style, or any style for that manner, but... meh.

Yes, I'd like to try a Photoshop, and as I was just looking at them today I'd wondered which one you meant. Lol. Since GIMP is free, I was thinking of using that, but Nathaniel says it's really for other operating systems.
If you don't mind zooming in a bit and drawing at a low resolution, I find Microsoft Paint to be quite useful. Then again, I only used it for drawing sprites in games that were never any higher than 640x480 if even that much, and they were usually "closeup" sprites of characters. Nonetheless, they were anime styled, and if nothing else, Paint is the best program to use if you don't want any anti-aliasing/interpolation between pixels, and want them to all be nice, solid colours. Which on the note of anime again, is something rather common among it. The new Windows 7 version does have "brushes" with photoshopish qualities, but it can still be used the old fashioned way, and it's been about the only program I use for making sprites with. Don't bother with Gimp; it's too complicated and confusing. If you want an easier computer program, I'd say get Photoshop. Though it's expensive.

Of course, this is assuming you use Windows. Though personally, anything that I don't intend to show its pixels will be drawn on paper, and scanned if it's one of my drawings that manages to meet my already low standards.

I'm sorry I can't add anything to the whole Bleach discussion this has more or less turned into. I really need to start watching the series. .___.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Ngakunui wrote:I don't mean to sound like a moderator, but since this topic is going so well in its current direction, perhaps you all could start a topic about drawing/animating anime? I'd, personally, like a topic where I could talk about drawing in the style. I know a thing or two about it, and I'd like to hear what others have to say about it. Maybe it's just because I have the worst time drawing in the style, or any style for that manner, but... meh.
Now there's an idea :D I wouldn't mind a topic like that, but would you care to start it? Since it came to your mind, I don't want to start it out wrong in a way that is not how you intended, but I would certainly participate in said thread. (and you being a mod.... huh.... lol I wonder what that would be like....)
Ngakunui wrote:
If you don't mind zooming in a bit and drawing at a low resolution, I find Microsoft Paint to be quite useful. Then again, I only used it for drawing sprites in games that were never any higher than 640x480 if even that much, and they were usually "closeup" sprites of characters. Nonetheless, they were anime styled, and if nothing else, Paint is the best program to use if you don't want any anti-aliasing/interpolation between pixels, and want them to all be nice, solid colours. Which on the note of anime again, is something rather common among it. The new Windows 7 version does have "brushes" with photoshopish qualities, but it can still be used the old fashioned way, and it's been about the only program I use for making sprites with. Don't bother with Gimp; it's too complicated and confusing. If you want an easier computer program, I'd say get Photoshop. Though it's expensive.
Sadly I am a perfectionist and I keep screwing up with MS paint..... darn shaky hands... too much coffee... or not enough :? but yeah, I want to do art and express myself that way, but alas, I suck at it. I did see some of your stuff in your deviant art profile, and I have to say I like it. My problem is being able to put what is in my mind onto paper... or anything other than my mind..... if only there were a computer program that could take your thoughts and paint them for you.
Ngakunui wrote:
I'm sorry I can't add anything to the whole Bleach discussion this has more or less turned into. I really need to start watching the series. .___.
What ever you do, don't watch the filler seasons.... they are no where near coherent and they take away from the anime over all. :shakehead: Why they exist is beyond me.... people just can't let Kubo catch up....... no patience.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
ChrisB
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ChrisB »

Gabrielman wrote:y=; come on, really? Is that all you got? ;) Actually Kenpachi admitted a few things during the fight, 1 that Ichigo was stronger, and 2 at the end that Ichigo had won. You should really pay more attention to what is said during the fight. I could link you to the fight in its entirety, but I am not sure you are ready for it yet. You see Ichigo was only using his shikai, while kenpachi was going all out, essentially his banki. And Ichigo still won. Now you should know that so far as borrowing power, that isn't the best word describe it. Ichigo didn't "borrow" the power of Zangetsu, oh no, that is his power. You see, and you would know this if you did your research (what kind of warrior are you!? Come on man, be prepared for your battles) you would know that a soul reaper's power is their Zanpakutō. Just like the samurai, the sword of a real soul reaper is part of who they are. Zangetsu is part of Ichigo, and he was just then learning how to use that power. And the hollow mask, that is Ichigo's own mask. It is his hollow side, which he completely owned and now can use the power of at his own will. It may also benefit you to know that when in banki Ichigo has twice the spiritual energy and spiritual pressure of a captain, with his mask, he has 4x! And that is not counting his new power, which if you had kept up on the manga and seen the most recent things, give him new abilities the likes of which no one has ever seen before. So all the power he gets, is his own to begin with. Look deeper in and you will see that when he fights Zangetsu for the right to use his banki, and when he fights Tensa-Zangetsu and his hollow, he tells him that it is his power, and he must prove himself to be allowed to use it. So all of that power, is his.
Twice the level of a captain is a real broad term Gabe. Maybe twice the likes of Mayuri or Sajin, but not Byakuya, who fought against Ichigo on even ground.

Anyway, the Ichigo vs Kenpachi fight had plot device written all over it. Even with Bankai, Ichigo was no match for Grimmjow until he became a Visored (and even then he barely won against Grim's released form), whereas Kenpachi basically Ramboed Nnoitra...

btw hey J.Davis. I did'nt get the chance to meet you so... nice to meet you.
Gabrielman wrote:Sadly I am a perfectionist and I keep screwing up with MS paint..... darn shaky hands... too much coffee... or not enough but yeah, I want to do art and express myself that way, but alas, I suck at it. I did see some of your stuff in your deviant art profile, and I have to say I like it. My problem is being able to put what is in my mind onto paper... or anything other than my mind..... if only there were a computer program that could take your thoughts and paint them for you.
Ditto for me. I can never get what I imagine onto paper... :shakehead:
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Meh, I have been reading ahead in the manga, and a captain was asking him about some things and it came up that his spiritual pressure was twice that of a captain. And so far as him having to fight after he beat grimmjow, who would be able to go on after going through that? Even Kenpachi had trouble with Nnoitr. Not to mention later on it is revealed that Ichigo was not using his full vizord powers for fear of his hollow, and that he had never actually properly hollowfied... and Byankuya is just hard core, no one could deny that. There is actually a fight between Kenpachi and Byankuya as to who is stronger, and who should finish off Yammy. But then again there is no point as we were having fun :P

And for reference sake:

But that is all just implication on my half, lol and you made me do it now, so I had to post them! y:p2
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Also, am I the only one who noticed, or do others see this as well. That the espada reflect the members of the soul society as follows:

Szayel Aporro Granz ---> Mayuri Kurotsuchi,

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez---> Renji Abarai

Ulquiorra Cifer---> Byakuya Kuchiki

Nnoitra Jiruga---> Kenpachi Zaraki

Coyote Starrk---> Shunsui Kyōraku

Lilynette Gingerback---> Jūshirō Ukitake

Baraggan Luisenbarn---> Soifon

Tia Harribel---> Tōshirō Hitsugaya

I am not sure of the others, but these match up very well in how they behave and what have you.... scary

Sorry, I know you are not on Bleach J Davis, but I did want to bring that up!!!! :ebiggrin:

I simply could not resist. And on another note I was thinking of taking his yellow spirit energy and doing a color to match your avatar, so let me know what you think and I will get started on that!
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Gabrielman wrote:(and I meant arguing in the anime sense, and I know it is all in fun, don't be too serious on me now) [and she would never abuse her powers like that.... right? *nervous laugh*....]
What I said about cslewislover had a LOL after it and was said with a (non flirtatious :D ) smile. I know she would not abuse her powers nor would I have any real fear of the matter. I know you guys are cool and my post have a calm, lighthearted tone to them. At least after the third page..lol. But even before that I was not too serious at all. I make things simple and clear when I really get fired up. I’m looking for good Christian fellowship here…And I’m game for a few fired up debates as well…But always in good fun, So we agree my friend….

Gabrielman wrote:(Hm.... I have been thinking about different editors like that, but not sure what to get, or what can be afforded!
(Most of the major art programs can be demoed before you buy them. Here is a web link (I just did a fast search so there may be a better site) that list some of the popular art programs. http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/design ... ftware.htm

About the atheists….

It’s silly really…God is not asking any more of us than what we naturally do. For example…People become our friends when we make it so, until then, even though the potential friend exist, to us their existence as a friend is nonexistent. The nature of God makes him unseen to man in natural ways but the process is still the same. For a being to become your God (even if the being is a God) you would have to make it so, until then his existence as God in your life is nonexistent. And that is simply how it works for everything we accept in our personal reality. Until we make a relationship a reality, there will be no proof that it exist, only the potential for it to exist. And of coarse if a person has never been saved than what can they know about salvation through Christ.

Cslewislover and Zoe girl did a great job and Cslewislover made a great point here…
cslewislover wrote:He really understands the human mind . . . If so, and we can deceive ourselves (like through "belief"), then who says you're not deceiving yourself
His argument was weak…just plain weak...lol…
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Real fast, since I see you are here, have you see this one?

Didn't know if you would ever consider it for a pic!

Samuel wrote: Ditto for me. I can never get what I imagine onto paper... :shakehead:
It seems many here are suffering from problems getting what they have in their head on paper, any one have any ideas on how to fix that? y:-/
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

cslewislover wrote:@ JDavis - You meant "shoutout" I presume, right? Otherwise, I don't know, lol.
We should all give the one we love the promise of an exclusive romantic relationship, making it known that all others are shutout due to the fact that all we want and everything we need exist in a single, perfect body…

Shutout, shout-out….give it all….(Smile)..lol…well, I had to fix it…and it’s true too... :D
cslewislover wrote:Thanks for your encouraging assessment of my talents, J, and for yours too, of course, my wonderful (!).
Only the wages for a job well done…
cslewislover wrote:Yes, I'd like to try a Photoshop, and as I was just looking at them today I'd wondered which one you meant. Lol. Since GIMP is free, I was thinking of using that, but Nathaniel says it's really for other operating systems.
Take a look at this link I gave to Gab…It has a list of art programs and some are free downloads. It will be cool to see what you can do with a more professional program.
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/design ... ftware.htm
cslewislover wrote:Hey J, you know, I never see Kenpachi with women . . . I'm not sure if he just hangs out with men, but Ichigo tells me the men like to hang around him. y:-?
Well, I’ve never seen Ichigo with women either or Rukia with a man…lol…Yes…I know the most likely response but the reasoning would work the same in the anime world. Just because it is not seen does not mean it doesn’t happen. Kenpachi is a serious babe magnet, he just likes to be humble about it…lol. :D
Last edited by J.Davis on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

J.Davis wrote: Well, I’ve never seen Ichigo with a women either or Rukia with a man…lol…Yes…I know the most likely response but the reasoning would work the same in the anime world. Just because it is not seen does not mean it doesn’t happen. Kenpachi is a serious babe magnet, he just likes to be humble about it…lol. :D
No no, Rukia is with Ichigo, lol see: Image and Kenpachi with women? Hm.... well he is doing them a favor, they just could help but faint if he was around, right? ;) I'll leave that open for you to play with.
J.Davis wrote: We should all give the one we love the promise of an exclusive romantic relationship, making it known that all others are shutout due to the fact that all we want and everything we need exist in a single, perfect body…

Shutout, shout-out….give it all….(Smile)..lol…well, I had to fix it…and it’s true too... :D
You should really have her come to the forums!
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Gabrielman wrote:(Real fast, since I see you are here, have you see this one?
Didn't know if you would ever consider it for a pic!
Hey Gab!

Cool picture, I like it. I’ll see if I can use it or maybe I will make an avatar out of it for latter use when I want to change things up…

Thanks Gab!
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Gabrielman wrote:(You should really have her come to the forums!
Trust me, she has been on a lot..lol…just not posting, Keeping an eye on her man…LOL. :wave:
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Samuel wrote:btw hey J.Davis. I did'nt get the chance to meet you so... nice to meet you.
Hi Samuel, Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet you as well! I look forward to talking more in the future.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Something else I am working on that may be a sig pic or an avatar soon:

It's Ichigo after he gets his new power and is ready to own Azien!