Spam?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.

Do you think spam is lame?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Spam?

Post by Gabrielman »

Okay so I have noticed a disturbing trend lately, and it is only getting worse. I am referring of course to the hated pest that plagues us all, spam posts. What is disturbing is that they are getting more elaborate. Instead of making it look like links in their sigs (which they can't have until ten posts to begin with) they have started seemingly legit topics, or answered on some thread, and then, after others have posted on the threads, they come back and edit their posts to add in spam links. The only reason I have noticed these few myself is because I happen to look back at older posts, or I am looking for a post I thought interesting and they happen to catch my eye. I am bringing this up because I want to know if anyone else has noticed this. An even better question, why do people bother to spam? :shakehead: It is so annoying! And it is sick because lately they have been posting Christian stuff as if they were really wanting to be involved with the discussion or something.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Spam?

Post by August »

Please alert us soon as that happens, we will be deleting and banning without exception.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

August wrote:Please alert us soon as that happens, we will be deleting and banning without exception.
Yeah I have been doing that, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. And I wanted them to let the spammers know they are not welcome. But yes if I see it I will let you know.

To be more specific this is one of the more disturbing ones:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 10&t=34319
note when she edited it, and when the spam was removed. They are getting very sneaky.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Yes, it happens every day now. I just removed two. Some people are adding links a period of time later, when the thread gets more active. Everything is buy, buy, buy . . .
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

I think everyone hates spam..... except the spammer :P

On another forum, the spammers actually spam private messages to people with higher post counts than others :shock:

Editing posts later is....... smart though y:-?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:Yes, it happens every day now. I just removed two. Some people are adding links a period of time later, when the thread gets more active. Everything is buy, buy, buy . . .
Yup, money is their god. When they see God and Science, they must think it has to do with money and how through science we can make cheaper plastic things for them to sell at a better price.
Phantom wrote:I think everyone hates spam..... except the spammer :P

On another forum, the spammers actually spam private messages to people with higher post counts than others :shock:

LOL I know, but I made this thread in hopes that people would start looking back on older posts and such so that no spam gets away.

On another note...

Welcome to the board Phantom!!! :wave: It's great to have you here and we are all looking forward to your thoughts on our thoughts!!! I hope you have a great time here, we always love getting new members.... that is unless they are spammers.... then they go bye bye!

God Bless!!!
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

Phantom wrote:I think everyone hates spam..... except the spammer :P

LOL I know, but I made this thread in hopes that people would start looking back on older posts and such so that no spam gets away.

On another note...

Welcome to the board Phantom!!! :wave: It's great to have you here and we are all looking forward to your thoughts on our thoughts!!! I hope you have a great time here, we always love getting new members.... that is unless they are spammers.... then they go bye bye!

God Bless!!!
Thank you! :ebiggrin:

I've been looking through the forums and main page for a couple of weeks now..... and it has strengthened my faith ;)

It's kind of weird how I found this place. I was viewing a different forum, and noticed that there was a thread about if you believed in a God. I clicked on it thinking that it would be mainly people who believe in God. For my entire life (not too long hehe) I thought that almost everyone in the world believes in God. Well most of the people who posted in that thread were atheists or agnostics :shock: Most of the posters were attacking any Christians who posted in the thread.... and basically making fun of us :? Naturally, I defended my religion, and got some questions that I didn't quite know :ewink: So I came here and read up on some things :D Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the books you have mentioned in the past threads.... I'm not that old (15)...

For some reason, I really like the discussions between you guys and the atheists who here..... atleast the civil ones who actually answer all the questions haha
Human
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Human »

I've been looking through the forums and main page for a couple of weeks now..... and it has strengthened my faith

It's kind of weird how I found this place. I was viewing a different forum, and noticed that there was a thread about if you believed in a God. I clicked on it thinking that it would be mainly people who believe in God. For my entire life (not too long hehe) I thought that almost everyone in the world believes in God. Well most of the people who posted in that thread were atheists or agnostics Most of the posters were attacking any Christians who posted in the thread.... and basically making fun of us Naturally, I defended my religion, and got some questions that I didn't quite know So I came here and read up on some things Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the books you have mentioned in the past threads.... I'm not that old (15)...
Hmmm....we seem to be in similar boats, Phantom......yours have a red steering wheel? :D

On topic, I haven't seen any spam in all my lurking, but then any sneaky spam is.....well sneaky.
ChrisB
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ChrisB »

"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

Human wrote:
I've been looking through the forums and main page for a couple of weeks now..... and it has strengthened my faith

It's kind of weird how I found this place. I was viewing a different forum, and noticed that there was a thread about if you believed in a God. I clicked on it thinking that it would be mainly people who believe in God. For my entire life (not too long hehe) I thought that almost everyone in the world believes in God. Well most of the people who posted in that thread were atheists or agnostics Most of the posters were attacking any Christians who posted in the thread.... and basically making fun of us Naturally, I defended my religion, and got some questions that I didn't quite know So I came here and read up on some things Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the books you have mentioned in the past threads.... I'm not that old (15)...
Hmmm....we seem to be in similar boats, Phantom......yours have a red steering wheel? :D

On topic, I haven't seen any spam in all my lurking, but then any sneaky spam is.....well sneaky.
Mine is blue. :ewink:

I pretty much haven't seen spam here except for once..... and it wasn't sneaky haha :ebiggrin:
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Samuel wrote:Image
:pound: I never pegged you as a spammer! :pound: no seriously this made my day!!!!!!!!