Does Fishing Hurt The Fish?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Does Fishing Hurt The Fish?

Post by Imperial »

I don't know anymore, there's no straight answer on the internet. Of course PETA says it does, but PETA says anything to do with animals hurts them...
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Does Fishing Hurt The Fish?

Post by cslewislover »

Is this a joke? You could do some research on what nerves are.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Oh ya totally, you can negatively respond to ALL my posts.. even non religious ones just because i'm an Atheist now :P Ur Nice
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Imperial wrote:Oh ya totally, you can negatively respond to ALL my posts.. even non religious ones just because i'm an Atheist now :P Ur Nice
Can you answer a question? I asked if it was a joke. You could've said "no." You come here and call us all idiots and irrational, so I suspected that this may have been a post to imply what you'd already said. U r nice too. LOL.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Actually i called Gman said name because he thinks i believe we spawned from mud.. which is ridiculous. And i posted this before the Atheist thread went up - before i called anyone irrational. And ya, like i said in quote, i don't care anymore about arguing since there's no possible way to make everyone happy. Not wanting to argue = Nice ;)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Imperial wrote:I don't know anymore, there's no straight answer on the internet. Of course PETA says it does, but PETA says anything to do with animals hurts them...

You trust PETA then?

Is that where you place your faith in - the claims of PETA?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Imperial wrote:Actually i called Gman said name because he thinks i believe we spawned from mud.. which is ridiculous. And i posted this before the Atheist thread went up - before i called anyone irrational. And ya, like i said in quote, i don't care anymore about arguing since there's no possible way to make everyone happy. Not wanting to argue = Nice ;)
You claim that atheists don't believe in God and that atheists don't believe that we evolved from inorganic matter...

Please tell me then, what are the other options??? If God didn't do it and nature didn't do it then what is left? E.T.?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Then who made E.T. ? Where would that even come from?
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Ok people lets use some intelligence to figure this one out. Has it ever occured to you that you don't HAVE to believe or even involve your life in making origin theories? I really don't CARE how we're here anymore. No one can prove anything about it, it's pointless to waste time on the subject. All i see in you are people who think they know the answer to somthing unprovable, and that's fine, i DONT CARE.

^ thats what i """believe""". I highly doubt my quality of life will be weakened because i don't care about origin. Especially since im not a homosexual :P so you people blind yet discriminating people can't even get to me there.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Imperial wrote:Ok people lets use some intelligence to figure this one out. Has it ever occured to you that you don't HAVE to believe or even involve your life in making origin theories?
This is using our intelligence? Sweeping it under the carpet and pretend that origins didn't occur?
Imperial wrote:I really don't CARE how we're here anymore. No one can prove anything about it, it's pointless to waste time on the subject. All i see in you are people who think they know the answer to somthing unprovable, and that's fine, i DONT CARE.
In other words, you have to except it on faith...
Imperial wrote:^ thats what i """believe""". I highly doubt my quality of life will be weakened because i don't care about origin. Especially since im not a homosexual :P so you people blind yet discriminating people can't even get to me there.
Even if you take away origins you still have nothing... You have nada. Just a belief.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

++
Okay Gman, concerning origins of species - I think we have here evidence that certain ape species are NOW evolving into cage wrestlers and ultimate fighters!

Enter Link Here
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Imperial wrote:Ok people lets use some intelligence to figure this one out. Has it ever occured to you that you don't HAVE to believe or even involve your life in making origin theories? I really don't CARE how we're here anymore. No one can prove anything about it, it's pointless to waste time on the subject. All i see in you are people who think they know the answer to somthing unprovable, and that's fine, i DONT CARE.

^ thats what i """believe""". I highly doubt my quality of life will be weakened because i don't care about origin. Especially since im not a homosexual :P so you people blind yet discriminating people can't even get to me there.
Do you need to state everything you feel Imperial?

Re: homosexual, I'm not sure of the relevant. Why did you need to make a point about not being homosexual? It seems you've implicitly made more of a discriminatory issue out of being homosexual than any Christians here.
Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

It does cause them pain, yet they are of a lower conciousness than we are. Maybe they do not suffer as much as we do.

Either way, the world is not perfect and suffering will occur.
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Question: Does a fish feel pain when another bigger fish eats it?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: