Anybody else like NCIS?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Anybody else like NCIS?

Post by zoegirl »

Just throwing this out, considering that we have had discussions about Doctor Who.

Anybody else like NCIS. I've only watched it for the last couple of years but I am really enjoying it. Good show, very little profanity, patriotic, good guys/bad guys

Some science, some action, some comedy, and good characters as well.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Re: Anybody else like NCIS?

Post by Byblos »

zoegirl wrote:Just throwing this out, considering that we have had discussions about Doctor Who.

Anybody else like NCIS. I've only watched it for the last couple of years but I am really enjoying it. Good show, very little profanity, patriotic, good guys/bad guys

One of my favorite shows (other than Criminal Minds and all the CSIs). Love Tony and Ziva, thought they were going to hook at some point but I guess not.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Byblos wrote:
zoegirl wrote:Just throwing this out, considering that we have had discussions about Doctor Who.

One of my favorite shows (other than Criminal Minds and all the CSIs). Love Tony and Ziva, thought they were going to hook at some point but I guess not.
Yeah, they have terrific chemistry...really all of them do...it's a very good combination of good teamwork, good solid characters, and yet good plots.

I haven't enjoyed CSI in a long while, many many years....the characters and the show is just too too weird...and most of the CSI invovles crimes that are very perverted.
Swamper
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by Swamper »

Definitely my favorite show right now. Gibbs is my hero.

Speaking of NCIS, a couple of actors from the show (Sasha Alexander and Rocky Carroll) were also in the movie Yes Man that recently came out. My friend that I saw it with is another NCIS fanatic, and we had a good laugh about that. :ebiggrin:
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
imoneru?
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by imoneru? »

I agree I like the show and often watch it on my computer as the comercials are (for the most part only about 10 seconds long) I hate commercials, I watched JAG before they took it off, I believe it was produced by the same producer as NCIS.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

I hate shows like NCIS where stilted stereotypes abound.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

imoneru? wrote:

I agree I like the show and often watch it on my computer as the comercials are (for the most part only about 10 seconds long) I hate commercials, I watched JAG before they took it off, I believe it was produced by the same producer as NCIS.
Yes, Bellisario started both of them, although he and Harmon had some disagreements and now Harmon directs most of them (I believe)...but Bellisario still maintains "created by".

JAG is good, although I am only catcing it now and then.

It's just nice to see a show where the characters have just normal bickering/working relationships instead of the major DRAMA found in other ridicluous shows like the medical soap opera shows (talk about sterotyping!!) or shows where there is little interaction between the characters(like CSI or Law and Order).

Sure, they have definite "types" but the dialogue and the writing tend to lessen this. I guess it depends on what sterotpyes one wants to see. Considering all of the other shows out there....they are pretty tame.

It was always pretty funny to hear Abby =, with all of her goth stylings, talk about going to church or being with the nuns and then bowling. (that was an interesting break from the assumptions of the goth look)
nd925
Familiar Member

Post by nd925 »

This show is one of my favorites too. I wish Lauren Holly didn't leave the show though.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

yay new ncis!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Hmm, not sure what an NCIS is... :(
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

The most awesomest show on TV !!! Best team...new season premier just on....it was a good one.