Happy New Year to all!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Happy New Year to all!

Post by BavarianWheels »

I have a great time on this forum and hold this as one of my favorite places to hang out and discuss.
May God richly bless each one of you in this New Year - now only a few hours away!
...despite worshipping Him on the wrong day...ahahahaha. (joking!)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Happy New Year to all!

Post by cslewislover »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
I have a great time on this forum and hold this as one of my favorite places to hang out and discuss.
May God richly bless each one of you in this New Year - now only a few hours away!
:lol: Awws, you just keep getting warmer and fuzzier, lol! I hope you have a blessed year too. The same for everyone here!!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

I wish the same to all who visit here!
Please allow me to take a moment to say thank you to all who participate in the forums. Often, the knowledge you share and the insights many of you provide have been an important part in my continued spiritual growth.
There are times I wish we could meet, face to face, and get to know each other better. Until that time comes,
I look forward to another year, the Lord willing, of continued faith and knowledge sharing here.
:wave:
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

:twisted:
Happy New Year! What are all your New Year's Resolutions?
BavarianWheels wrote: ...despite worshipping Him on the wrong day...ahahahaha. (joking!)
BavarianWheels is depicted in the smiley at the top of this post. : p
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Harry12345 wrote::twisted:
BavarianWheels wrote: ...despite worshipping Him on the wrong day...ahahahaha. (joking!)
Lol. That isn't nice. Um, lol.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
SaintConfused
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by SaintConfused »

Harry12345 wrote:What are all your New Year's Resolutions?
I'd like to finish my online book review (in the process of being blogged) before the start of next year.
You were the Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!~Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

cslewislover wrote:
Harry12345 wrote::twisted:
Lol. That isn't nice. Um, lol.
I was only yolkin'!
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Harry12345 wrote:Happy New Year! What are all your New Year's Resolutions?
I don't even bother with 'em anymore, but "not die" is always a good one... :ebiggrin:
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

Swamper wrote:
Harry12345 wrote:Happy New Year! What are all your New Year's Resolutions?
I don't even bother with 'em anymore, but "not die" is always a good one... :ebiggrin:
I hope you can keep it up! :ebiggrin:

No, seriously, for your sake, I hope you can keep it up... :o
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

cslewislover wrote:
:lol: Awws, you just keep getting warmer and fuzzier, lol! I hope you have a blessed year too. The same for everyone here!!
I'm always warm and fuzzy.

My NYR is I'm back on WW and hoping to lose more than my previous record of 25 lbs! It's day 2 today!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

BavarianWheels wrote:
cslewislover wrote:

My NYR is I'm back on WW and hoping to lose more than my previous record of 25 lbs! It's day 2 today!
Wow, I hope that works out! I had been cutting down myself and have lost weight. How much does WW cost, if you want to say?
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

cslewislover wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
cslewislover wrote:

Wow, I hope that works out! I had been cutting down myself and have lost weight. How much does WW cost, if you want to say?
It's like $16.00 per month with an initial $30.00 sign up fee. It seems a bit much, but it really does help to at least follow the plan for 3 months with their help(s). Normally after 3 months, one has the routine down and can follow without paying to WW. However, the long-term is very useful for some. I'm not planning on paying past the third month, but plan on continuing well past the 3rd month.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

BavarianWheels wrote: It's like $16.00 per month with an initial $30.00 sign up fee. It seems a bit much, but it really does help to at least follow the plan for 3 months with their help(s). Normally after 3 months, one has the routine down and can follow without paying to WW. However, the long-term is very useful for some. I'm not planning on paying past the third month, but plan on continuing well past the 3rd month.
Oh, so you don't pay a lot for food?
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

cslewislover wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote: It's like $16.00 per month with an initial $30.00 sign up fee. It seems a bit much, but it really does help to at least follow the plan for 3 months with their help(s). Normally after 3 months, one has the routine down and can follow without paying to WW. However, the long-term is very useful for some. I'm not planning on paying past the third month, but plan on continuing well past the 3rd month.
Oh, so you don't pay a lot for food?
Oh...lol...the food! Well, you don't pay for "WW Food"...what you're paying for (to WW) is the ability to:

1. Figure a starting point depending on what your goal is

2. Provide an easy and intuitive way to track yourself as you reach your goal.

3. Provide already calculated meals and/or foods that fit into your goals. Ease of finding out how much of your own foods falls within the WW program for you. There is a neat-0 food calculator.

4. Also provides for keeping track of activity and turning activity into "food points" in a sense rewarding you for exercise, you get to eat extra!!

The food you eat is initally easier if you buy the "diet" portions such as Smart Ones, Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine...all of which are relatively inexpensive. There really isn't more food you're paying for, but your own choice of which foods you'll eat according to the guidelines given by WW online. It's MUCH easier to simply use the frozen foods initially, but as time progresses, one gets used to the portions and from that point on its a matter of portion control and less about avoiding certain foods. So the short of it is, the food is not much more, but actually less expensive than normal eating habits now (speaking for myself of course) My meals today all together has cost me about $8.00-$10.00 while lunch alone (apart from following WW) is about $8.00 in itself on the norm.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Oh, OK, BW. So do you really eat only one of those meals, like Lean Cuisine? The portions are small (lol). As for the fees for WW, that seems pretty cheap.