lovely private message

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

lovely private message

Post by zoegirl »

This was a private message sent to me ....hmmm, sure sounds tolerant to me!!
wiccanwitch wrote:They should fire you, *****
Sent at: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 am
To: zoegirl

They shouldnt allow creationist nuts like you to teach in regular schools
This whole Christian theology thing is that god came down to experience life through his son. Well, how's he experiencing life if he doesn't get laid? Give me a break. And why would he not get laid, as he created the apparatus in the first place?
-- Tori Amos

Intolerance has always been one of the cornerstones of Christianity -- the glorious heritage of the Inquisition.
-- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Suck it, Jesus!
--Kathy Griffin
WiccanWitch
Newbie Member

Oh, and byt the way, if you had done anythihng remotely like research like, check a recent post of mine, you would know I teach at a Christian school.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Re: lovely private message

Post by Byblos »

Zoe, I assure you she will not be responding any more. There simply is no room for the kind of garbage she spews, but then again, we're the intolerant Christian folk. :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Daniel
Recognized Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

Pure trollish behavior. Is this a lesson in "how to get all your threads moved to the garbage bin"?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

This has little to do with the discussion...I think:

About 2 years ago, a white witch* told me that she could put a spell on me (I was being irreverent towards her hocus-pocus beliefs.) I burst out laughing and started calling her «The Crazy Lady» openly.

The Crazy Lady then got cancer, lost her hair, went to Compostelle in France (sort-of a spiritual thing to do,) then got well. She came in to the place where I work earlier this week and said «Hello.» I remained polite, and refrained from calling her by her nickname.

My health has been great. Do you think spells can backfire???!

*«white witch» is what she called herself.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:This has little to do with the discussion...I think:

About 2 years ago, a white witch* told me that she could put a spell on me (I was being irreverent towards her hocus-pocus beliefs.) I burst out laughing and started calling her «The Crazy Lady» openly.

The Crazy Lady then got cancer, lost her hair, went to Compostelle in France (sort-of a spiritual thing to do,) then got well. She came in to the place where I work earlier this week and said «Hello.» I remained polite, and refrained from calling her by her nickname.

My health has been great. Do you think spells can backfire???!

*«white witch» is what she called herself.
I have come across a few like this myself! Proverbs 26:2 comes to mind!

Proverbs 26:2, "Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight." ESV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

I just got a Private Message from TheAmazingAtheist that said:

You're probably in the Phelps family and attend his demented church...perfect fit for you
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Daniel wrote:I just got a Private Message from TheAmazingAtheist that said:

You're probably in the Phelps family and attend his demented church...perfect fit for you
You weren't the only lucky one Daniel. It's flee and tick season you know.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I think these people (Wiccans, atheists etc.) are unfortunate and more deserving of pity than derision.

Having said that, I still enjoy deriding them...

So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me...in my inner being, I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work...waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisonner of the law of sin... (Ro 7:22-24 NIV)

...so I recognize that derision isn't OK. It is what they are using against us, an evil tool. Also, Jesus never ridiculed anybody.

So, let's all bless these troublemakers, thereby heaping burning coals on their head.* :pound:

FL

*Ro 12:20
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

I got :

You are going to hell for watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer :pound: :pound:

All said and done though - I managed to read Wiccan Posts yesterday and were disturbed by them - not really by the fact that they were rude but in fact that she had such a negative view of Christianity. It wouldn't surprise me that maybe that she had been treated badly by "Christians" at one point and that saddens me.

Silvertusk.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Daniel wrote:I just got a Private Message from TheAmazingAtheist that said:

I received one too, I'm not goin to copy it because I refure from now on to give them the publishing they want.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

They are just displaying their true colors...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

With tactics and arguments like those, it's a wonder we don't all give up and switch sides. y#-o
Truthseeking
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Truthseeking »

Aye - eye. That was so wrong. My wife, sorry people, is a professing Wiccian, and she thought it funny once to play The Lords Prayer backwards. I shrieked and buried my head under my pillow. Needless to say the computer got moved a short time later from the bedroom. I have heard my wife say similar things but not like that !
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

zoegirl wrote:This was a private message sent to me ....hmmm, sure sounds tolerant to me!!
wiccanwitch wrote:They should fire you, *****
Sent at: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 am
To: zoegirl

They shouldnt allow creationist nuts like you to teach in regular schools
This whole Christian theology thing is that god came down to experience life through his son. Well, how's he experiencing life if he doesn't get laid? Give me a break. And why would he not get laid, as he created the apparatus in the first place?
-- Tori Amos

Intolerance has always been one of the cornerstones of Christianity -- the glorious heritage of the Inquisition.
-- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Suck it, Jesus!
--Kathy Griffin
WiccanWitch
Newbie Member

Oh, and byt the way, if you had done anythihng remotely like research like, check a recent post of mine, you would know I teach at a Christian school.
Wasn't Madalyn Murray O'Hair murdered and found buried in a land fill? God will not be mocked.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

This is what Madalyn Murray O'Hair said about her son, who converted to Christianity: "One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times...he is beyond human forgiveness."

! y:O2
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.