G-Day

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

G-Day

Post by Byblos »

I just couldn't let Super Sunday pass without posting something about my Giants.

BIG BLUE ALL THE WAY and against all odds.

GO GIANTS!
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: G-Day

Post by Gman »

I thought this was something about "Gman" day... For the record, you should know that everyday is a "G" man day.. :mrgreen:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Gman wrote:I thought this was something about "Gman" day... For the record, you should know that everyday is a "G" man day.. :mrgreen:
No doubt, Gman, no doubt :wave:.

For now though, I am enjoying the sweet taste of victory, against all odds. What do you call the team that beats the perfect-season team? Champions. What a game :swow:.

(can you tell I'm a Giants fan?).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Congrats to the Giants.

Condolances to the Patriots.

(I won't even point out that the Redskins beat the Giants at the tail end of the season .... ) :mrgreen: :wave: 8-}2
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

I too was happy to see the Giants win. There's nothing more satisfying than to kill off the "perfect team" in the one game that rips their perfect season to shreds.

However, I could really careless about the game of American football and it's whole 12 minutes of actual game play...bunch of pansies!
12 Minutes
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Congrats to the Giants.

Condolances to the Patriots.

(I won't even point out that the Redskins beat the Giants at the tail end of the season .... ) :mrgreen: :wave: 8-}2
That's ok, we weren't going for perfection, just a championship :wink:.

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:However, I could really careless about the game of American football and it's whole 12 minutes of actual game play...bunch of pansies!
12 Minutes
Palleease! American football is by far the most grueling, most physically demanding sport there is today, bar none. It has more career-ending injuries than all of professional sports put together. And that's only counting the .01% of the elite players who actually do make it to the NFL. And that 12-minute play time is a crock. Bring on those rugby-playing sissies any day, they will never measure up, suited or not :redcard: (God, I feel so charged up since yesterday :boxing:).

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:However, I could really careless about the game of American football and it's whole 12 minutes of actual game play...bunch of pansies!
12 Minutes
And that 12-minute play time is a crock. Bring on those rugby-playing sissies any day, they will never measure up, suited or not :redcard: (God, I feel so charged up since yesterday :boxing:).
Not a crock...I've timed it myself for one quarter.

I'd put money on any rugby players/Aussie rules football over Am. football players. The fat boys of Am. football couldn't keep up with the more fit and endurance of the rugby types. First hit...and the Am. would have to go to their bench of the hundreds of players to replace them. Special teams...my ascot.

"American football is an occasion at which dancing girls, bands, tactical huddles and television commercial breaks are interrupted by short bursts of play."
--London Times

"Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game and dumb enough to think it important."
--Eugene McCarthy
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:I'd put money on any rugby players/Aussie rules football over Am. football players. The fat boys of Am. football couldn't keep up with the more fit and endurance of the rugby types. First hit...and the Am. would have to go to their bench of the hundreds of players to replace them. Special teams...my ascot.
I guess that's why NFL games are now being played in Europe. I don't see any rugby games coming to the U.S., do you?

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:I'd put money on any rugby players/Aussie rules football over Am. football players. The fat boys of Am. football couldn't keep up with the more fit and endurance of the rugby types. First hit...and the Am. would have to go to their bench of the hundreds of players to replace them. Special teams...my ascot.
I guess that's why NFL games are now being played in Europe. I don't see any rugby games coming to the U.S., do you?
The point is not which is more popular (depends on your location) but it's stupidity in actual play time and general waste.

12 minutes of actual game time x 16 games per season = 3.2 hours of play per year. 16 games per season? :redcard:
Oh Puh-leeze...and you're ready to :boxing: over this game? y:-? :shakehead: :sleep: It's a miracle they normally play through rain and snow...

[/football debate] :)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:The point is not which is more popular (depends on your location) but it's stupidity in actual play time and general waste.

12 minutes of actual game time x 16 games per season = 3.2 hours of play per year. 16 games per season? :redcard:
Oh Puh-leeze...and you're ready to :boxing: over this game? y:-? :shakehead: :sleep: It's a miracle they normally play through rain and snow...

:lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:
(perish negative thoughts - nothing will diminish my Giants victory)
:lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:

:wave:

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:The point is not which is more popular (depends on your location) but it's stupidity in actual play time and general waste.

(perish negative thoughts - nothing will diminish my Giants victory)

:wave:
LOL!
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

BavarianWheels wrote:
Byblos wrote:
The point is not which is more popular (depends on your location) but it's stupidity in actual play time and general waste.

wow now you depressed me, the money they make for the time put in........ wow as for what is a more difficult sport, well comparing the 2 is like comparing apples and oranges.

Americans have to suit up due to they average 250 lb a player fat or muscle when you get run over by that freight train you need something to protect you.

I do like rugby also, very interesting game, much endurance is needed. Players on the whole are much smaller, padding is not needed as much (some of them do need a muzzle due to biting)

But if you back me in to a corner, I will go with Football That would be REAL football not soccer.
:mrgreen:
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Ok - I don't watch American Football - but can i just say that Wales beat England in the 6 nations last weekend and for that I am very happy. (Rugby)

Ok carry on.

:ebiggrin:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Byblos wrote:
12 Minutes
Palleease! American football is by far the most grueling, most physically demanding sport there is today, bar none. It has more career-ending injuries than all of professional sports put together. And that's only counting the .01% of the elite players who actually do make it to the NFL. And that 12-minute play time is a crock. Bring on those rugby-playing sissies any day, they will never measure up, suited or not :redcard: (God, I feel so charged up since yesterday :boxing:).
You obviously haven't seen rugby league played here in Australia. The best way I could explain it is American football without all the padding and armor, replacement of throwing and catching the ball with more tackling and running with the ball = rugby league.