The "Correct Religion"

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
hamilrob
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#16

Post by hamilrob » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Just the same, sir. I believe that. ALL RELIGION IS PATENTLY FALSE. If you can't appreciate that I believe that, then YOU go to another board. As long as I have to put up with YOUR irrational, unsupported beliefs, then you have to deal with mine. All you have to do is disagree with me. Just don't try to stifle my thinking or tell me to go to another board.

You are not interested in why I believe that ALL RELIGION IS PATENTLY FALSE, so why should I take the time to explain myself? YOU are the reason why we have wars in this world. Irrational believers fighting other irrational believers. It will be up to the rational minded to save this planet from the human destruction that religious warfare is threatening to bring on.

Any time you have a US president waging an illegal war, bombing and killing thousands of innocent citizens and declaring that America is being "led by the hand of God", you have an irrational situation in a high place and that spells disaster. So I say again. ALL RELIGION IS IRRATIONAL UNFOUNDED, AND PATENTLY FALSE.

DEAL with it!!!!
Check out //www.ggod.info

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#17

Post by Believer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:10 pm

hamilrob wrote:Just the same, sir. I believe that. ALL RELIGION IS PATENTLY FALSE. If you can't appreciate that I believe that, then YOU go to another board. As long as I have to put up with YOUR irrational, unsupported beliefs, then you have to deal with mine. All you have to do is disagree with me. Just don't try to stifle my thinking or tell me to go to another board.

You are not interested in why I believe that ALL RELIGION IS PATENTLY FALSE, so why should I take the time to explain myself? YOU are the reason why we have wars in this world. Irrational believers fighting other irrational believers. It will be up to the rational minded to save this planet from the human destruction that religious warfare is threatening to bring on.

Any time you have a US president waging an illegal war, bombing and killing thousands of innocent citizens and declaring that America is being "led by the hand of God", you have an irrational situation in a high place and that spells disaster. So I say again. ALL RELIGION IS IRRATIONAL UNFOUNDED, AND PATENTLY FALSE.

DEAL with it!!!!
Okay, Buh-bye! Buh-bye now, Buh-bye! :lol:

hamilrob
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#18

Post by hamilrob » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Mr Jerickson, there is NOTHING rational about a man dying and comning back to life three days later. There is nothing rational about a man dead over 2,000 years coming back to the world. Thewre is nothing rational about God having a son. there is nothing rational about a man dying to save the world from sin.

I appreciate you disagreeing with me, however because you have a right to. You challenge my assertions and I challenge yours. There is no concrete evidence that anything in Christianity is true. None whatsoever.
Last edited by hamilrob on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out //www.ggod.info

hamilrob
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#19

Post by hamilrob » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:14 pm

I haven't left yet, HMG. 8) However, I have made my point, and perhaps it is time for me to move on. Felgar, as long as I get responses to my posts I will respond back, so maybe you should silence the other members of this board instead of telling ME to leave. I have nothing more to say until someone has something to say to me.
Check out //www.ggod.info

Dan
Valued Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:58 pm
Christian: No
Location: Syosset, New York
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

#20

Post by Dan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:22 pm

Wrong.

"retional" :consistent with or based on or using reason; "rational behavior"; "a process of rational inference"; "rational thought"

The chief cornerstone of Chistianity (the axioms if you will of the entire religion) is that God exists, and that He is a personal God, and that He is three entities.

Flowing from that, retional thought does not help you. Now prove God does not exist and we'll talk about 'rational thought' as you put it. As for your 'rational thought' try actually putting it to use.

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#21

Post by Believer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:22 pm

hamilrob wrote:I haven't left yet, HMG. 8) However, I have made my point, and perhaps it is time for me to move on. Felgar, as long as I get responses to my posts I will respond back, so maybe you should silence the other members of this board instead of telling ME to leave. I have nothing more to say until someone has something to say to me.
What makes you so sure that all you spit out at us is 100% truth without error? You seem to say that you are the only right one, you say there is no God, you say religion is false. Did you live 2000 years ago to experience the time of Jesus? I know you didn't and neither did I or anyone else of this generation, but I have to say, there is evidence for Jesus, he was by no means a crazy person, and the fact that he said there was a God concludes that there is secondary evidence for a God. If you don't believe, which you have made clear you don't, I suggest you stop using money which bears "In God We Trust", stop following the week and weekend days which are all named off of Pagan Gods, Instead of saying "oh my God!" or any other curse word using Gods' name in vain, don't use those terms because you don't believe in God. Anything that has God in it, you stop following, okay? Hopefully you will feel better.
Last edited by Believer on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jerickson314
Established Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:50 pm
Christian: No
Location: Illinois
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#22

Post by jerickson314 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:24 pm

hamilrob wrote:Mr Jerickson, there is NOTHING rational about a man dying and comning back to life three days later. There is nothing rational about a man dead over 2,000 years coming back to the world. Thewre is nothing rational about God having a son. there is nothing rational about a man dying to save the world from sin.
There is nothing rational about these things IN THE SYSTEM OF MATERIALISM. You are begging the question.

In theism, these are completely rational due to their correspondence with divine revelation.

Theism as a whole is logically coherent. Materialism isn't. See my other post on the brain and sanity.
hamilrob wrote:I appreciate you disagreeing with me, however because you have a right to. You challenge my assertions and I challenge yours. There is no concrete evidence that anything in Christianity is true. None whatsoever.
Try reading some Strobel or some McDowell. There is quite a bit of concrete evidence. Fulfilled prophesy is an example of concrete evidence. I don't really have time to get into a full discourse now, but there are lots of sources you can look up. If you want to discuss some specifics later, however, we can certainly do so.

User avatar
Forge
Valued Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:39 pm
Christian: No
Location: Watching you
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

#23

Post by Forge » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:12 pm

hamilrob wrote:Mr Jerickson, there is NOTHING rational about a man dying and comning back to life three days later. There is nothing rational about a man dead over 2,000 years coming back to the world. Thewre is nothing rational about God having a son. there is nothing rational about a man dying to save the world from sin.
Actually, "Jesus was God" is a perfectly rational statement. "Jesus was both God and not God at the same time" is an irrational statement.

The base statement "Jesus was God" is only false/irrational if and only if more evidence/negative premises are put forth and proven.

Jerickson14 wrote:Try reading some Strobel or some McDowell. There is quite a bit of concrete evidence. Fulfilled prophesy is an example of concrete evidence. I don't really have time to get into a full discourse now, but there are lots of sources you can look up. If you want to discuss some specifics later, however, we can certainly do so.
Mr. Jerickson, where the heck is "Peter Kreeft" in the above list? Shame on you. :wink:

Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:24 am
Christian: No
Location: Calgary, Canada
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#24

Post by Felgar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:15 am

hamilrob wrote:However, I have made my point, and perhaps it is time for me to move on. Felgar, as long as I get responses to my posts I will respond back, so maybe you should silence the other members of this board instead of telling ME to leave.
Out of respect for the members who've responded to you, I'll leave it be for a while longer.

Understand though, that you are a guest here.

hamilrob
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#25

Post by hamilrob » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:55 am

That's OK. I found another forum which is more suitable. It is hosted by Christians as well, but provides a venue for Debating Christianity. This time I read the rules carefully and probably should have read the Board Purpose before I posted remarks here. You were right to bring my attention to that issue, especially before I went into high gear! 8)

I will monitor the discussion here for the time being, but like I said, I don't want to offend, just get my point across. That was the featured style of our book, The Ggod E-mails (http://www.ggod.info); debate without attack.

Thank You.
Last edited by hamilrob on Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out //www.ggod.info

Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:24 am
Christian: No
Location: Calgary, Canada
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#26

Post by Felgar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:00 am

hamilrob wrote:That's OK. I found another forum which is more suitable. It is hosted by Christians as well, but provides a venue for Debating Christianity.
Cool hamilrob. If you don't mind my asking, is it theolyweb.com as suggested by Mastermind or some place else? Knowing a really good site would help direct people to sites that may be more appropriate. Maybe I'll swing by and visit you guys sometime. :)

hamilrob
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#27

Post by hamilrob » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:05 am

The new forum is at this link:
http://www.debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

See you there!
Check out //www.ggod.info

Post Reply