What happened?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

What happened?

Post by B. W. »

Is the Forum out of whack? Last few days the entire website went down and the forum vanished -

What Happened?
-
-
-
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Hey I want some credit for those posts that were lost... I've been trying to catch up to Kmart's number.. :wink:

So what happened... Hackers hacked away? Lucky you guys weren't running asp.. Apache is the way to go..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

B.W, the server suspended the account due to increased traffic caused by the activity of spammers. We are forever cleaning up spam droppings and banning the spanners but they are relentless. I understand that the forum now has a different server but had to be restarted from a backup and therefore some posts and newly started threads were lost.

Sorry Gman, no credit for missing posts. you will just have to exercise your excellent memory and write them all over again. :P
andyredeemed
Recognized Member
Christian: No

missing posts

Post by andyredeemed »

Oh thank goodness for that! I thought I had been moderated with extreme prejudice :D
God is good
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: missing posts

Post by B. W. »

That explains it!

Spam like demons :evil: - depart! :shock:

:idea: Does spam proves the existence of evil?? :P
-
-
-
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Re: missing posts

Post by Judah »

B. W. wrote:That explains it!

Spam like demons :evil: - depart! :shock:

:idea: Does spam proves the existence of evil?? :P
-
-
-
B.W, let's hope your exorcism works! :)

And yes, if you examine spam droppings, you will find evidence of the existence of evil. :evil:
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Is there any way that we could set the server up so that anyone attempting to send spam would recieve a substantial jolt of electricity from their computor keyboard...or would that be wrong? :twisted: :wink:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Charles Vrike
Newbie Member

Post by Charles Vrike »

when I tryed to visit this web site after it went down it said some thing to the extent of a delayed fee or some thing
explation of string theory

//www.accuracyingenesis.com/day.html - explanation of what i think older eartherism is (excluding the part where they clam it can mean stuff like "breaking forth" or "chaos")
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

It said that the account had been suspended.
That was the server's decision made on the basis of the spam traffic this site has been getting lately.

FFC, I would love there to be some way that spammers get instant retribution for their unwanted infantile behaviour. I don't think your idea would be wrong so much as just an action/consequences thing - like smoking/lung cancer or overeating/obesity and stealing/imprisonment.
Can you set it up for us? :)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Judah wrote:It said that the account had been suspended.
That was the server's decision made on the basis of the spam traffic this site has been getting lately.

FFC, I would love there to be some way that spammers get instant retribution for their unwanted infantile behaviour. I don't think your idea would be wrong so much as just an action/consequences thing - like smoking/lung cancer or overeating/obesity and stealing/imprisonment.
Can you set it up for us? :)

No I'm not familiar with the IT aspect of things. I'm thinking maybe we could require new members to give verifiable addresses so that when we have another incident we could send you or Byblos over to give them a stern "talking to"...if you know what I mean. 8)
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

You would be willing to pay our air fares over to Russia (as that is where many of them appear to hail from) ? :shock:

I think you should enrol in a crash IT course, FFC, with an emphasis on learning novel ways of discouraging spammers - the bolt of lightning through the keyboard thing, for instance.

BTW, this is most audacious - you have more posts than do I.
You are not a cyber shut-in type, are you, by any chance? :P
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

FFC wrote:Is there any way that we could set the server up so that anyone attempting to send spam would recieve a substantial jolt of electricity from their computor keyboard...or would that be wrong? :twisted: :wink:

FFC.. Remember this one? Now why can't we harness the explosive powers of laptop batteries to do the job for us? :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8