Favorite Movies

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
User avatar
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Christian: No
Location: Calgary
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#16

Post by bizzt » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 am

Turgonian wrote:Isn't Stephen King a writer of eerie, dark horror fiction? Not a guy you'd think Christians would love, objectively. Then again, I enjoyed reading Edgar Allan Poe.
Yes he is... Some of his books are ok... but he has one crazy mind!

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 336 times
Contact:

#17

Post by Jac3510 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:04 pm

There have been some great movies listed here . . . Shawshank was outstanding, Sling Blade has been way underappreciated, American Beauty = top notch, Schindler's List had a profound impact on me (one of maybe two movies that actually made me tear up) . . . I'd add:

1. Saving Private Ryan,
2. American History X,
3. Saved,
4. Donnie Darko (I've seen this probably a dozen times, haha),
5. Good Will Hunting,
6. Devil's Advocate (Charlize . . . mmmmmmmm . . . ;))

That said, I only own two movies: Josie and the Pussycats, and, of course, The Passion. Both great flicks. I didn't list any chick-flicks, but I admit it, I'm a junkie for them :D

edit: oh, duh, and my favorite of all time: Seven
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1684
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:11 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#18

Post by FFC » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:25 pm

6. Devil's Advocate (Charlize . . . mmmmmmmm . . . )
Yes, great movie. Did you ever see Charlize in "monster" where she plays a serial killer? I would have never thought anyone could ugly her up that bad. When I saw her in Eon Flux I couldn't believe it was the same person.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 336 times
Contact:

#19

Post by Jac3510 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:38 pm

I refused to watch it, because I did not want to damage the absolute definition of beauty that is Charlize Theron in my mind, haha.

I've not seen Eon Flux yet, although I do want to. Is it any good?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1684
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:11 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#20

Post by FFC » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Jac3510 wrote:I refused to watch it, because I did not want to damage the absolute definition of beauty that is Charlize Theron in my mind, haha.

I've not seen Eon Flux yet, although I do want to. Is it any good?
It's not bad. For me it was a little hard to follow because I'm not really a Sci-fi guy. I enjoyed it though.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Favorite Movies

#21

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Some anime films, such as The Cat Returns and other Studio Ghibli films. The parts of Grave of the Fireflies was good.
My Name's still Trinity.
Spongebob movie 1
Ice Age 1 and 2
Jurassic Park
some more i can't think of rn

Davy
Familiar Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Favorite Movies

#22

Post by Davy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:49 pm

I really hate to ruin it for movie lovers, but I can't help it...

Case: Sling Blade - of course Billy Bob did some great acting.

But didn't you feel his character was justified in killing the boy's father who was a drunk and abusive?

Who said... Yes?

But in reality, it's a big, big NO! No, we should not... feel Billy Bob's character was justified in doing... murder!

As far as I'm concerned, that was the trick theme of the movie, i.e., to try and get you to subconsciously justify the character's 'murder'.

"Oh, it's only a movie Dave," yeah, it is. Yet that's how subtle the devil likes to work. When Karl Marx saw film, he remarked how useful it would be as a tool to spread his communist ideology.

Davy
Familiar Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re:

#23

Post by Davy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:53 pm

bizzt wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 am
Turgonian wrote:Isn't Stephen King a writer of eerie, dark horror fiction? Not a guy you'd think Christians would love, objectively. Then again, I enjoyed reading Edgar Allan Poe.
Yes he is... Some of his books are ok... but he has one crazy mind!
If Stephen King didn't have an outlet like writing, he'd be doing the evil he thinks and writes about.

I hated reading Edgar Allen Poe's writings in high school English. It was required. I'd never claim him to be one of America's greatest writers either, just because his writing could stir such powerful emotion.

Post Reply