christian politics

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Anonymous

christian politics

Post by Anonymous »

so where exactly is it that christians side when voting? i mean, the whole american anti-communist propaganda thing for instance, is that the christian point of view or are capatilists the evil SOB's that i think they are?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Not every christian votes the same. Personally, a limited theocratic empire would suit me just fine. ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As far as voting goes, I would never vote for someone who wasn't christian.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that's a bit close minded isn't it? George Bush is a christian and look what he's been up to! Hell, Hitler claimed to be doing revenge on Jesus's behalf when he slaughtered over 100,000 people!!!
i personally think that if a political leader is bias toward one religion then they are going to neglect their responsibilities to people of other/no faiths.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Judge a man by the fruit that he bears :D . Also I said i wouldn't vote for a non-christian, doesn't mean by default i would vote christian, it means there is the option of not voting :P

Its not very hard to rule out Hitler as being a true follower, and I'm not for Bush, I find all politicians to be disconnected from God.

Christians in my opinion should be moderate's, neither conservative nor liberal. Also i don't care much for politics as that's the department for the Antichrist.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Hitler claimed to be doing it on Jesus's behalf. The man basically admitted in mein kamph that he used religion to consolidate his own power.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah Hitler was just power hungry dude thats about it, lets not give him more dimensions then he's worth :P .
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Fetch wrote:Hitler claimed to be doing revenge on Jesus's behalf when he slaughtered over 100,000 people!!!
Really? I thought Hiltler had left Christians behind at this point not being able to find use in their beliefs any further, and instead assumed that of Nietzsche's idea of the overman-superman mixed with natural selection. ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

George Bush is a christian and look what he's been up to!
You want to give some examples here?
Alanna
Familiar Member

Post by Alanna »

Ya, well we got Paul Martin up here, and I personelly think Geroge bush is MUCH better than Paul Martin!! (don't mean to sound disrespectful) :wink:

God Bless!
Alanna
Last edited by Alanna on Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Fetch wrote:that's a bit close minded isn't it? George Bush is a christian and look what he's been up to! Hell, Hitler claimed to be doing revenge on Jesus's behalf when he slaughtered over 100,000 people!!!
i personally think that if a political leader is bias toward one religion then they are going to neglect their responsibilities to people of other/no faiths.
What I find really uncomfortable is he stated he did it in the name of Our god. But he has gone against the teachings of Jesus. It is people like him who give the wrong impression of what Christianity is. Instead of instigating peace they instigate hate. Instead of turning the other cheek as Jesus instructed they start wars, and they do this in the name of Our God. Many of people who call themselves Christian are not. They do not live the way that God expects his Christians to live. Many people who call themselves Christian do not have the truth in their hearts and god sees this. These are the laws that will be judged when he judges the hearts of men/women.
Mat 5:38-39 You have knowledge that it was said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say to you, Do not make use of force against an evil man; but to him who gives you a blow on the right side of your face let the left be turned.

Albert Einstein said it best when he stated
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I am rather certain the turn the other cheek part was referring to not hitting back over something stupid. An attack on your country isn't a slap in the face.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Mastermind wrote:I am rather certain the turn the other cheek part was referring to not hitting back over something stupid. An attack on your country isn't a slap in the face.
am not going to get into a 9/11 - Iraq debate here.
What I am saying is I don't think god indorses wars, he certainly wouldn't take sides. War is purely a human trait. When you look into it the basis of the teachings of Christianity is love for mankind and therefore peace.

I stand my Albert who said Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding. and I myself shall add Patience.

Another point to be made is when they took Jesus, Jesus did not allow his disiples to fight for him.

Joh 18:10-11 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, took it out and gave the high priest's servant a blow, cutting off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then Jesus said to Peter, Put back your sword: am I not to take the cup which my Father has given to me?

Mat 10:12-13 And when you go in, say, May peace be on this house. And if the house is good enough, let your peace come on it: but if not, let your peace come back to you.

1Th 5:15 Let no one give evil for evil; but ever go after what is good, for one another and for all.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

What I find really uncomfortable is he stated he did it in the name of Our god. But he has gone against the teachings of Jesus. It is people like him who give the wrong impression of what Christianity is. Instead of instigating peace they instigate hate. Instead of turning the other cheek as Jesus instructed they start wars, and they do this in the name of Our God.
Please provide quotes, with date and place, where Bush ever said this. In fact, he is really careful to say that he respects everyone's beliefs. You have to be real careful not to believe those who wish harm on the USA.

Would you rather, as a Christian, see that dictators continue to murder, rape and torture? How is that justifiable in your opinion? Would you not have gone to war against Hitler?

Your intentions are noble, but we live in an imperfect world.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

August wrote:
What I find really uncomfortable is he stated he did it in the name of Our god. But he has gone against the teachings of Jesus. It is people like him who give the wrong impression of what Christianity is. Instead of instigating peace they instigate hate. Instead of turning the other cheek as Jesus instructed they start wars, and they do this in the name of Our God.
Please provide quotes, with date and place, where Bush ever said this. In fact, he is really careful to say that he respects everyone's beliefs. You have to be real careful not to believe those who wish harm on the USA.

Would you rather, as a Christian, see that dictators continue to murder, rape and torture? How is that justifiable in your opinion? Would you not have gone to war against Hitler?

Your intentions are noble, but we live in an imperfect world.

No the I said it made me uncomfortable. Perhaps I should just flat out lie or deny my feelings and hide them deep inside myself.
This has got nothing to do with what happined to the USA. it has to do with hearing him months ago, I don't remember much but my oppinion was he was saying we are doing this is the name of god. I will never forget coming away with that impression and that is what stuck.
yes we live in a imperfect world, and I don't watch the news much anymore because it's really hard to even consider loving your fellow man when you see them blowing each other up. everytime I do watch I have to ask for forgiveness :oops: not living in a perfect world should not mean I have to bring my beliefs into line with the humanity, if I did this I would be living in a lie. I don't know what happined to me, all I know is from the day I felt gods hand in my life I have different beliefs, I suppose one could say I have all this knowledge I came away with, but I do not understand what it means. All I know is War and killing is not Gods doing. After studying and researching for ages and discovering tiny parts of knowledge is like a light going on. Anyone know what I mean?