Currently we are talking about going off topic... via Kate

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.

What Age GRoup are you in?

Younger than 12 yrs old
No votes
12-20 yrs old
27%
21-30 yrs old
40%
31-40 yrs old
20%
41-50 yrs old
No votes
51-60 yrs old
No votes
60+ yrs old
13%

Total votes: 15

kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

I'm serious a lot more in person than I am here. Except when I'm with kids I know or when I get to a certain stage of being tired. Who needs drugs to get high and laugh at every stupid thing hard enough to make your stomach and your face hurt? Those times came often years ago at sleepovers, but not so much anymore. :(

One time I stayed up almost all night doing a skit for English off of "The Planet of the Apes," just chock full of my own brand of humour. It got quite odd. The next day I was to perform the skit along with the group I was in that didn't pull their weight, (why I was up doing the whole skit myself,) and the poor people had to read everything I had written! :twisted: I laughed throughout the whole thing, and at one part couldn't squeeze the lines out because I was caught in a giant laughing fit where I saw through teary eyes the class looking at me with perplexed, curious and amused faces. Some were laughing at my laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes too, if I remember right! I can't tell you how much fun I had with that!

They should have a Christian version of MAD TV, I swear. I've thought up some pretty good stuff, (that I don't remember.) The Christian comedians I've heard are pretty dry and dull if you ask me, (the two or three I've heard.) If you have the right mindframe Christian-appropriate humour isn't impossible.

I'm sorry you feel too busy. It's like a plague nowadays.

But I can't help but wonder what the difference with that would be if TVs became illegal! I swear, everyone I know is addicted to it. What did we talk about over meals this weekend when my family got together for a wedding? TV shows. Disgusting. I'm beginning to... uh oh. Off-topic. Sorry, I'll stop.

Electric Chair, quite forcing me off-topic! :wink:
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

kateliz wrote:I'm serious a lot more in person than I am here. Except when I'm with kids I know or when I get to a certain stage of being tired. Who needs drugs to get high and laugh at every stupid thing hard enough to make your stomach and your face hurt? Those times came often years ago at sleepovers, but not so much anymore. :(

One time I stayed up almost all night doing a skit for English off of "The Planet of the Apes," just chock full of my own brand of humour. It got quite odd. The next day I was to perform the skit along with the group I was in that didn't pull their weight, (why I was up doing the whole skit myself,) and the poor people had to read everything I had written! :twisted: I laughed throughout the whole thing, and at one part couldn't squeeze the lines out because I was caught in a giant laughing fit where I saw through teary eyes the class looking at me with perplexed, curious and amused faces. Some were laughing at my laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes too, if I remember right! I can't tell you how much fun I had with that!

They should have a Christian version of MAD TV, I swear. I've thought up some pretty good stuff, (that I don't remember.) The Christian comedians I've heard are pretty dry and dull if you ask me, (the two or three I've heard.) If you have the right mindframe Christian-appropriate humour isn't impossible.

I'm sorry you feel too busy. It's like a plague nowadays.

But I can't help but wonder what the difference with that would be if TVs became illegal! I swear, everyone I know is addicted to it. What did we talk about over meals this weekend when my family got together for a wedding? TV shows. Disgusting. I'm beginning to... uh oh. Off-topic. Sorry, I'll stop.

Electric Chair, quite forcing me off-topic! :wink:
Ya know Kate you should make a Thread just for you off Topic Ramblings that way if you feel the need to just Talk which it seems you do :lol: then you can DO IT! :D
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Hey! Not a bad idea! It'd be like my own little room in the building of this forum. Of course then I'd need to redecorate. Hmm, think I'll start with that ugly, orange 70's carpet!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

kateliz wrote:Hey! Not a bad idea! It'd be like my own little room in the building of this forum. Of course then I'd need to redecorate. Hmm, think I'll start with that ugly, orange 70's carpet!
Now you will need to keep this room clean and I know you won't have time for that, so I'll have the cleaning service open an account and clean this room once a week.

I wonder what happens to all the one's and zero's thrown away when people delete their emails and what not.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Thank you, and don't forget to pick up the bill. :twisted:

No, I think I'll take Bug Zapper up on that idea, but later. Watch out forum, here comes kateliz!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:Thank you, and don't forget to pick up the bill. :twisted:

No, I think I'll take Bug Zapper up on that idea, but later. Watch out forum, here comes kateliz!
The world is not ready, you're ahead of your time!

I don't think he's a bug zapper he might be a gnat in the ear. Or a cell phone in vibrate lying on my glass table.

Sorry a glass table. My table is clean right now.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
kateliz wrote:Thank you, and don't forget to pick up the bill. :twisted:

The world is not ready, you're ahead of your time!

I don't think he's a bug zapper he might be a gnat in the ear. Or a cell phone in vibrate lying on my glass table.

Sorry a glass table. My table is clean right now.
Hey Now! :lol:
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Awww, somebody's getting more creative than me! I concede, you win, BGood!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:Awww, somebody's getting more creative than me! I concede, you win, BGood!
Sorry I didn't mean to compete with you,

*klang crash boom*

There I threw my creativity out the window.

Now you can be the funny one, like funny people...
who are funny.
And I will be quiet like... er quiet things.
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

i've created a monster thread.. someone needs to execute it on a guilleteen or somethin...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Let me know where to cut if from... that's the hardest part to decide. :P

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

haha, is it possible for me to go back and rename the thread to fit the latest topic, then it would never go off topic? ey?
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Personally, I like that idea Timmy!

But when I get a good chunk of spare time I plan to take Joy Buzzer up on his proposal of having a kateliz thread where I just babble all I want! :)

When I heard of blogs, (not too long ago,) I, of course, was very interested in starting my own. I joined up with a thing on myspace.com, (obviously nonChristian when you look at it,) by request of a friend, (who's been lurking here posting bad things about Bush... you know who I'm talking about!) and they offer free blogs there. I signed up for a trial run but not sure I'll stay. Haven't started yet though. Anyone know of free Christian blogs? Don't research for me, I'll do it later if no one knows any they can refer me to.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Kate, check out this site:

http://www.e4god.com/myblog/

Here is some of the preamble to explain more:
FREE BLOGS are for Christians and Christian Ministries to have online newsletters ~ OR For individual Christians to share the REAL LIFE day to day testimony of a saved life ~ OR For Christian Writers and Artists to share their art with the world ~ OR For Christian Journalists to tell the world about news from a Christian Perspective. OR ???

FREE BLOGS are much easier to maintain than web pages. You can register here and start blogging immediately! See Menu at right.

NOTICE: (SPAM IS NOT WELCOME AND WILL BE DELETED)

AFTER POSTING A FEW TIMES, We will create a Guest Blog “category” (see menu) for each regular poster.

TO SEE ONLY YOUR BLOG: Visitors or Guest Bloggers can click their category or link to their category from another web page.

If you use your category well, and regularly, we will install your own blog space for you to use.

Blog On!
e4god.com is another Christian site also with a Christian forum.
Go to "Welcome Center" and look down thread list to find one called "Free Blogs?"
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

i personally hate myspace.. yes lots of people use it, yes you can write all this blablabla on it.. but its just.. so overated, way too depressing, and the good people you would want ot talk to on it, dont use Myspace to talk, they just use it like a diarie, and not talk at all.. i personally dont like it..