No jab no job in Australia

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3556
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 315 times

No jab no job in Australia

#1

Post by Nessa » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:13 pm

It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed? :shock:

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#2

Post by Philip » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Nessa: It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed?
What, Ness - ya thinking about giving up your Kiwiship? y:-?

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3556
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#3

Post by Nessa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:21 pm

Philip wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:01 pm
Nessa: It looks like in Australia you can't get a job without being vaxxed?
What, Ness - ya thinking about giving up your Kiwiship? y:-?
Not quite... Wondering if it will happen here and how our fellow aussie posters are handling it

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#4

Post by Philip » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Is there a new spike in infections there?

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5216
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#5

Post by 1over137 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:07 am

here in Slovakia we are in the middle of a third wave. Worst situation now. Worse than second wave. And now if you want to go to work and are not being vaccinated, you have to have negative PCR test, twice a week.
Things are getting worse, so soon we will see new measures.

Hey folks,
take all care.
Love,
1over137
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#6

Post by Philip » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 pm

Stay safe, Hana!!!

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3556
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#7

Post by Nessa » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm

I hear Africa is the place to be now... Holiday anyone? :lol:

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#8

Post by Philip » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm

Nessa: I hear Africa is the place to be now...
Definitely not S. Africa - my wife is a programmer and she works with S. Africans every day. They often don't have power, certain times of the day. It is a very stressful place to live and work in.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#9

Post by Stu » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am

Philip wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm
Nessa: I hear Africa is the place to be now...
Definitely not S. Africa - my wife is a programmer and she works with S. Africans every day. They often don't have power, certain times of the day. It is a very stressful place to live and work in.
Yes, when a certain amount of stations go down or there is a a fair amount of maintenance to be done there are usually controlled blackouts. Not fun. Businesses suffer.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#10

Post by Philip » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Stu, has it been safe where you live - I know there was a lot of trouble there recently?

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#11

Post by Stu » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:28 am

Philip wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:03 pm
Stu, has it been safe where you live - I know there was a lot of trouble there recently?
If you're talking about the looting/riots, yeah we were fine. It was mainly more up north in Kwazulu Natal and a little in Gauteng. The government just had no plan to react at all. Useless. They let it run for like 2 weeks and then only put the army and police in strategic places but by then many of the malls had been looted. It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 668 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#12

Post by Philip » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Stu: It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Unfortunately, it sounds far too familiar to some of stuff that has gone on here, in the Pacific NW, Chicago, NYC, etc., over the last 18 months or so. Every civilized society should have zero tolerance for such, and should deal severely with those who commit such crimes. And it's why people are determined to arm themselves - as when you or your home are under siege and the police aren't immediately available, then one MUST defend themself, their family, home, business, etc. I live in a good area with very little residential crime - and yet every house on my street has defensive weapons - which is why so few would be crazy enough to invade a private residence, cause it would be suicide!

Glad you and your family were safe from the madness, Stu!

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: No jab no job in Australia

#13

Post by Stu » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:56 am

Philip wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 pm
Stu: It was up to private citizens to mobilise and protect their own businesses with firearms/knives/bats etc. So it could have been worse. There are videos of like 5 or so people keeping a huge mob at bay by shooting shotgun blasts over their heads, crazy stuff.
Unfortunately, it sounds far too familiar to some of stuff that has gone on here, in the Pacific NW, Chicago, NYC, etc., over the last 18 months or so. Every civilized society should have zero tolerance for such, and should deal severely with those who commit such crimes. And it's why people are determined to arm themselves - as when you or your home are under siege and the police aren't immediately available, then one MUST defend themself, their family, home, business, etc. I live in a good area with very little residential crime - and yet every house on my street has defensive weapons - which is why so few would be crazy enough to invade a private residence, cause it would be suicide!

Glad you and your family were safe from the madness, Stu!
Thanks man.

Yeah unfortunately our useless police minister wants to remove Self Defence as a reason for owning a gun in South Africa. Can you believe it, one, if not the, most violent and dangerous (non-war) countries in the world and they want to remove guns from law abiding citizens.

Police stations are held up and robbed of guns and ammo (yes, really), women being raped is so common it doesn't even make the news, so many murders and now kidnapping (2000 in 2 months) is raising it's head in SA, trust me kidnapping is going to explode here when the criminals see easy money. But I suspect there are going to be a lot of boating accidents if they ever try and take away guns for self defence.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Post Reply