Need a little advice

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: Need a little advice

#16

Post by PaulSacramento » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 am

I gotcha bro

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6573
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 494 times

Re: Need a little advice

#17

Post by Philip » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

Image

Cannabis!

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 154 times

Re: Need a little advice

#18

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm

On The Road,Away From Home
https://youtu.be/68JBmFiFm88
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Need a little advice

#19

Post by Nicki » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 am

RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
My hubby's a truck driver as well and also encounters a lot of bad driving. The only thing I can suggest is to be cautious, always keep a good following distance and be alert to what's going on around you, so when someone does something stupid you're better prepared. Hubby's a pretty cautious driver and he's probably avoided a few incidents that way. I know you can't always avoid them though.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19569
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 920 times

Re: Need a little advice

#20

Post by RickD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 am

Nicki wrote:
RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
My hubby's a truck driver as well and also encounters a lot of bad driving. The only thing I can suggest is to be cautious, always keep a good following distance and be alert to what's going on around you, so when someone does something stupid you're better prepared. Hubby's a pretty cautious driver and he's probably avoided a few incidents that way. I know you can't always avoid them though.
Yes, I've become a very cautious and observant driver. I'd probably be dead if I didn't drive so defensively.

It's becoming an everyday occurrence now. It's really bad. Lazy, inattentive drivers.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6573
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 494 times

Re: Need a little advice

#21

Post by Philip » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 am

If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19569
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 920 times

Re: Need a little advice

#22

Post by RickD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 am

I feel really bad for misjudging drivers now that I found out that the cold weather has caused a blinker fluid shortage here.

I really need to be more understanding.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Need a little advice

#23

Post by Mallz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 am

RickD wrote: I'm not sure how a lesson in humility is needed, when a guy who wasn't paying attention, almost ran me off the highway.
That doesn't surprise me in the least ;)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19569
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 920 times

Re: Need a little advice

#24

Post by RickD » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Mallz wrote:
RickD wrote: I'm not sure how a lesson in humility is needed, when a guy who wasn't paying attention, almost ran me off the highway.
That doesn't surprise me in the least ;)
Considering how you've misjudged me in the past, and don't know me, I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Need a little advice

#25

Post by Blessed » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 am

Philip wrote:If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.
I was on I-95 for 2 1/2 hours today between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Allot of reckless driving. Lots of Puerto Rican's weaving in and out of traffic.

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Need a little advice

#26

Post by Blessed » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 am

RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
What kinds of trucks do you drive and for what purpose? Do you work for yourself or a company?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19569
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 920 times

Re: Need a little advice

#27

Post by RickD » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Blessed wrote:
RickD wrote:I drive a box truck 8 hours a day for work. I have a 35-50 minute commute each way.

Lately I'm having a real problem with idiot drivers. Being on the road all day, I'm just finding myself extremely aggravated at times, with lazy morons who aren't paying attention, or just don't care. I've been driving for over 30 years, and for the first time ever, I opened my door, got out of my truck, and screamed at an old man who cut me off twice, and almost ran me off the road. I was so mad that after yelling at him, I really had no idea what I said(think father on Christmas Story trying to fix the furnace in the basement).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may help me? I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, my blood pressure is fine, and otherwise pretty healthy.
What kinds of trucks do you drive and for what purpose? Do you work for yourself or a company?
It's top secret government work. That's all I can tell you.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Need a little advice

#28

Post by Mallz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:12 pm

RickD wrote:
Mallz wrote:
RickD wrote: I'm not sure how a lesson in humility is needed, when a guy who wasn't paying attention, almost ran me off the highway.
That doesn't surprise me in the least ;)
Considering how you've misjudged me in the past, and don't know me, I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.
I'm not surprised your not surprised that I'm not surprised? :clap:
You'r in an opportunity to learn humility and grace. The fact you're in that position shows you're in the opportunity to further develop your soul. It's pretty obvious the things one can learn in these instances. And if it's something like learning to live how Jesus lives and how He suffered then I don't think you should refuse it. Saying you can learn humility and grace from this, and then you immediately blaming it on the 'other guy' proving you don't need to learn anything about humility? Really? It doesn't matter whose fault it is, that's the point of grace. But you can't even get there because you won't humble yourself when you're not at fault. But, no one teaches you to turn the other cheek, or the reasoning behind it, aye?
And how have I misjudged you in the past?

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Need a little advice

#29

Post by Mallz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

OK here's something practical I use. We don't know where anyone is going on the road. We don't know the people nor their lives who are driving around us. They could be acting like jerks on the road rushing to get to the hospital to say goodbye to their dying mother. Who knows? People will tread on us for any reason or none at all. I found 'taking the hits' while driving actually influences the drivers around me. And it's funny the amount of prayer and blessings given to others (even perceived enemies) on the road can change them, too (as compared to when I don't).

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 8211
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: Need a little advice

#30

Post by B. W. » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 am

Blessed wrote:
Philip wrote:If Rick's driving I-95 - that's the interstate of loonies and psycho drivers. Plus, it's not capable of handling the enormous traffic using it every day. Last time I went down to Jacksonville area on 95, the traffic repeatedly came to a standstill - and so I was convinced there must have been a wreck somewhere - and yet I never saw anything significant to substantiate that - it's just that there are constant bottlenecks on it. It's also known as the drug smugglers highway, btw.
I was on I-95 for 2 1/2 hours today between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Allot of reckless driving. Lots of Puerto Rican's weaving in and out of traffic.
So did you see Rick? Or did Rick see you :lol:

Couldn't help it 8-}2
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

Post Reply